Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Farmed 1000 fjarn and foxflower today. Gonna make another 100flasks, let's see.

From what I know, it's purely chance (very low), and once you get it, you can join the club of dominating market with price lower than cost for those rank 2 players. Rank 3 will on average increase your flask output by 40%, thus reducing its cost by 30% or more.

It's bigger problem than extra Legs in terms of market balancing.

Blizzard loves RNG <3

With flasks being so damn expensive, can someone confirm that we get 2hr flasks as alchemists once we know the recipe? Been struggeling to find answers. They were selling for 2,7k each on my server yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    With flasks being so damn expensive, can someone confirm that we get 2hr flasks as alchemists once we know the recipe? Been struggeling to find answers. They were selling for 2,7k each on my server yesterday.
    Yes we still have our bonus which gives us an extra hour compared to non alchemists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    I have a legion strength flask rank 2 and last time i used it, it lasted for 2 hours.

I did about 200 ancient health potions after I discovered r3. So far I have done around 150int flasks and haven't gotten r3. Though no one in my guild discovered a r3 on any flask yet. Guess the rng gods hate us and don't want us to get atleast some "cheap" flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    I did about 200 ancient health potions after I discovered r3. So far I have done around 150int flasks and haven't gotten r3. Though no one in my guild discovered a r3 on any flask yet. Guess the rng gods hate us and don't want us to get atleast some "cheap" flasks.
    I made around 600 or 700 mana pots until i got rank 3 discovery, so it can be pretty rough.

BTw, is potion of Old War working as intended now or do the ghosts still just immediately disapear or not copy your moves?

Spent 2mil gold on herbs, made ~1k flasks and ~2.5k pots(mostly healing), only have 3 3star recipes(agi flask, healing potion and Deadly Grace). The discoveries are way too rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    BTw, is potion of Old War working as intended now or do the ghosts still just immediately disapear or not copy your moves?
    It works now(based on logs where it does tons of damage)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-09-21 at 09:52 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    Farmed 1000 fjarn and foxflower today. Gonna make another 100flasks, let's see.
    I have made upwards of 1000 flasks/potions for my guild so far. No rank 3 on ANYTHING. What really pisses me off though is you cannot get to 800 alchemy without proccing a rank 3 flask. Meaning that the quest I just completed for the cauldron by killing Nyth last night I cannot even learn the recipe until I randomly proc a rank 3. Amazed there is no hard cap because currently it feels like I could alchemy all expansion and never get a rank 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enterthemind View Post
    I have made upwards of 1000 flasks/potions for my guild so far. No rank 3 on ANYTHING. What really pisses me off though is you cannot get to 800 alchemy without proccing a rank 3 flask. Meaning that the quest I just completed for the cauldron by killing Nyth last night I cannot even learn the recipe until I randomly proc a rank 3. Amazed there is no hard cap because currently it feels like I could alchemy all expansion and never get a rank 3.
    At this stage I'll probably get 800 alchemy from a couple months of DMF before I get it through crafting
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    At this stage I'll probably get 800 alchemy from a couple months of DMF before I get it through crafting
    Just got my first rank 3 today: Old War. Too bad I can't gain any levels from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I learned Rank 3 for the Intellect Flask about a few days ago. I only made about 100 at the time (+-20).

Totally RNG.

Deleted
    does anyone know if the alchemy stone rank 3 actually has a chance of giving multiple stones?
    or is that just a bugged tooltip/horrible design choice?

i've made quite a few, but so far i've never seen one proc.

I don't understand why the rank 3 alchemy and herbalism recipes are so RNG with an extremely low chance to proc, other professions can just buy them, meanwhile you can farm for days and spend millions on herbs and get nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This bullshit is why I quit Diablo 3. I would always be the lowest geared person, like, every goddamn season. It wasn't even a contest.

Now its In WoW. YAY! I've made up to 400 flasks and 700 potions, but not a single tier 3 proc (except for the bullshit health / mana / rejuv that noone cares about).

I was doing flasks and potions for multiple people in my guild. Ofcourse, the moment I log off and people still needed someone, that someone made 10 potions and instantly found a tier 3. FML

Spent around 500k, and im starting to feel really annoyed... I typically NEVER care about RNG but this just seems poorly designed. Why does wild transmutation just not discover random ranks we dont have, or something like that, make it a weekly cooldown if you have to.. this is insane... people are paying 30-40k if you give them the discovery.

Are the other professions like this? I mean, recipes going grey at 780 and low chances of Rank 3.

I haven't gotten Rank 3 on a single Alchemy recipe. I'm holding on to all herbs for a while and hoping for a statement about professions.

Their real mistake was making 800 alchemy--generally the easiest of professions to max besides herbalishm--so freaking hard. A very, very, very modest form of streak protection would fix rank 3. I think most alchemists could get behind the idea that rank 3 in a skill can be rare and alchemists with that level are desirable. (Which does, I admit, create the problem that rank 2 alchemists have a harder time getting to rank 3 because everybody brings their mats to the guy who's already rank 3.)

If I could make Cauldrons at 780 I wouldn't be angry at the profession. They also claimed they would lock "cool" things behind the level 800 and I think Cauldrons rank more as a necessity.