Keybinding, Placement, Addons for Arms - How do you have it setup?

There has been a lot of feedback on Arms with how overcomplicated it is and having FR being an annoying button to stack - basically some Warriors get confused or cannot fathom to master their rage while using FR. So I'd like to see what all of our Arm Warriors doing with their Keybinds, the placement of their Keybinds (purpose too if you'd like to share) and any useful addons to help manage their buffs and the debuffs on enemies and manage their rage.

Useful addons I use:

WeakAuras2 - great for knowing what important Buffs I have on me, like Battle Cry, Avatar, Shattered Defenses, etc. I also use Colossus Smash debuff on the enemy to time my attacks perfectly to maximize the damage.

Tank Rage - there used to be another addon besides this one where you could divide your "new" rage bar separately and gradient color them smoothly. But it has never been update or probably disappeared, I can't remember the name of it. Anyways, this is the new rage bar I use and I can make it big and separate the space between the segments. I think each segment is fixed and unchangeable and it only fills up to 20 rage. Very useful. I put it to the top of my screen next to my big bar that has important CDs like Battle Cry, Avatar, CS, Execute, MS, etc.

Bartender 4 - Very flexible addon which allows you to move your action buttons around

Recount - You know what this is.

--

I use these keybinds - On keyboard:

~ - Charge
    1 - MS
    2 - Execute
    3 - Overpower (if I'm PVPing) / Macro'd Hamstring/Focused Rage
    4 - Focused Rage (stand alone, not macro'd)
    5 - Taunt
    Z - Bladestorm
    X - Shockwave
    C - Nitro boost (belt, engineering)

I tried to put Focused Rage on number 2, 3 and other areas and none of that worked. When I placed it in 4, which was originally my Execute button, things become much easier to work with. I could hit number 4 consistently while executing, CSing, slamming, etc. I use number 3, which is a macro with Hamstring/FR, when I have a lot of rage to use or if I'm in Battle Cry mode.

My Cooldowns I have them keybinded with ALT and the numbers on the keyboard:

ALT + 1 - Warbreaker
    ALT + 2 - Berserker Rage
    ALT + 3 - Avatar (if available)
    ALT + 4 - Battle Cry

I'm looking to move the big CDs together, next to each other, so I can press them easily. But Avatar/Battle Cry are very important to be next to each other since I put them together. If BC is about 8-10 seconds away from getting off of GCD, with Anger Management, I usually end up stacking FR very quick and Slam/CS and by 4-5 seconds BC is ready so I pop them all together and hit MS since I would already have Shattered Defenses up and CS would still be up. Within that time frame, the chances of CS refreshing is very high since I have 50% Tactician. Otherwise, I'd opt for my WB.

For my mouse, I have Logitech G600, with 16 buttons on it. I'm going by the numbers on the mouse:

1 - Slam
    2 - Not keybinded (I use this for auto-running forward, NOT toggling run/walk, helps out a lot instead of pressing W for forward all the time, will tire the finger out fast)
    3 - Human Racial ... (the one that breaks stun, forgot the name)
    4 - Whirlwind
    5 - Colossus Smash (easiest button to hit on the mouse for my hand)
    6 - Victory Rush
    7 - Cleave (right underneath Whirlwind)
    8 - Pummel
    9 - Empty (usually Defensive Stance for PvP or specific PvE encounters)
    10 - Heoric Leap
    11 - Die by the Sword
    12 - Commanding Shout

I also use ALT or I think SHIFT with the same numbers for the G600 for other things, some are non-combat and others are. Like my number 4, I just hit ALT with number 4 to use a Healing Potion or ALT with number 5 to use Warlock's Healthstone.

Other keybinded buttons:

F1 - Heroic Throw
    F2 - Old War Potion
    F3 - Empty
    F4 - Fear

That's about it. I'm at work right now. Please keep your posts constructive. I'd like to see how other people have their keybinds and comment on using FR easily with their set up.

Using alt+key instead of shift+key? I will never understand this
    My cooldowns (BC, Avatar etc) are all on F1-F4

Deleted
    Its rather simple, for me at least and works for years. Bound your spam abilities on keyboard and cds/off global to mouse. In your case, how the hell are you doing to press at the same time alt+3/alt+4/4/1?

edit: Also i find it easier to alt+mouse button for a def if there not enough mouse buttons than alt+keyboard, but i guess pref...
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2016-09-20 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Its rather simple, for me at least and works for years. Bound your spam abilities on keyboard and cds/off global to mouse. In your case, how the hell are you doing to press at the same time alt+3/alt+4/4/1?

edit: Also i find it easier to alt+mouse button for a def if there not enough mouse buttons than alt+keyboard, but i guess pref...
    I just noticed that. I didn't even think about that. Maybe I'll use my F2-F3 for Avatar/Battle Cry. I used to do Alt+ to the buttons on my mouse long ago but I've screwed them up a bit since Alt + Mouse is not my prefer playstyle. I think I can move the Racial to my Alt + 2-4 and move BC and Avatar to my mouse (without using Alt).

Nice .. I'll do that when I get back home. But to answer your question - I'm able to do that easily (I have quick fingers) but I don't like wasting a millisecond on something like what you have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post

I'm going to echo this because I do the same thing, but instead of binding skills to keys I use concepts.

Keyboard
    1-5: spam abilities
    ~: Class-specific ability / execute (e.g. stealth on rogues and druids, meta on DH)
    Q: Throw / instant ranged ability for melee
    E: Class-specific debuff / CC (like Demo shout)

Mouse
    1: Gap-closer or opener
    Ctrl+1: Secondary movement buff / rootbreak
    2: Interrupt
    3: PBAoE CC (like Howl of Terror or Priest fear)
    4: Spamable instant-cast ranged damage or defensive (like Shield Block)
    Ctrl+4: Slow / instant root
    5: AoE
    6: Stun
    7: Heal
    Ctrl+7: Dispel
    Alt+7: Secondary heals
    8: AoE buff / heal
    9: Self buff / heal
    10: Absorb with a CD
    11: Invulnerability / Anti Magic Shield
    12: CC Break
    Middle Mouse: DPS cooldown macro

I like doing it this way because it allows me to play any of my characters and have the same moves / concepts on the same buttons.

I also mapped it this way because it felt organized:

First Row: Moving my character / enemies
    Second Row: Damaging enemies / stopping enemies
    Third Row: Healing / Buffing my character or allies
    Fourth Row: Utilities with long CDs

~ = Charge
    1 = MS
    2 = Slam
    3 = FR
    4 = CS
    5 = shockwave
    R = Cleave
    F = WW
    V = Execute (thumb)

Forward key on mouse = pummel
    Back key on mouse = FR / MS / Hamstring / Battlecry / Avatar (thumb)
    Middle mouse press = heroic leap

Shift1 = Warbreaker
    Shift2 = BladeStorm

During spam mode battle cry I just mash the back mouse button and mix in Slam/Execute/ CS as appropriate.
    Last edited by Wulfey; 2016-09-20 at 08:26 PM.

Not specific to arms or even warrior, more of a general keybind concept:

~: Ability that's only available on proc/cooldown (eg CS, VR)
    1-4: Rotation abilities (ST)
    Q: Self heal or quick response utility (HL on warrior)
    E: Interrupt
    R: Targeted disable
    F: Spammable/filler (eg FR)
    G: Taunt, CC or secondary disable
    T: Snare break/misc reactive (eg BR) - bound away from others so it's smashable and so I dont butterfinger it
    F1: Instant ranged/puller
    Shift 1: Short role-specific cooldown/active mitigation/stacked cooldown "boost" macro if applicable

Shift 2-4 are other role-specific cooldowns, in order of severity/cooldown (defensive for tank, offensive for dps)
    F2-F4 are the inverse (defensive for dps, offensive for tank)

C-B are reserved for AoE abilities and vary class to class, but in general:
    C: PB AoE
    V: Cone AoE
    B: Placed AoE

Mouse forward: Auto run
    Mouse back: Gap closer
    Mouse middle: Skyhorn kite (for now)

F5: mount (hidden)

It all fits neatly on 2x12 action bars. If I need more abilities I'll have to make macros to shoehorn them in

As for addons, I like to keep "noise" to a minimum so I only use 2-3 WA icons that are displayed when important buffs or conditions are up (64x64 icons just off center to the left of my char).
    I also have Healbot set up for click-cast on allies, but that's not really applicable to arms.
    Last edited by Kaputnik; 2016-09-21 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the razar naga. So that's 1 to 12 on my mouse (can practicly play with 1 hand)
    Major CD's / less often used skills i bind on Q, E, R, F, Z, X, C, V, Sometimes i also use Shift + E.

This way i never ever need to move my left hand and can use the full DPS rotation while being on the move during a raid or w/e (< important).
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    I know this is a bit off-topic since I'm not talking about arms in particular, but anyways... I use the same setup for pretty much every character;

WSAD - Movement
    Q/E - Turn left/right, because often I need to turn my character in a different direction than the direction I'm turning my camera to

1 - Spam skill that has no cooldown
    2 - Skill that typically doesn't proc and isn't the biggest hitter
    R - Skill that can proc or is typically the biggest hitter (reply bound to Y)
    3 - Stun / Third skill if there's no stun
    4 - Interrupt / Alternative skill if there's no interrupt
    5 - Short defensive cooldown, typically one that makes you take less damage
    TAB - Fear or charge -type of skill
    § - Leap, stealth, roll, blink or other similar mobility skill (in a Finnish keyboard, this is to the left of 1)
    F - Execute -type of skill
    V - Snare skill
    T - Quick AoE skill
    G - CC skill such as Blind/Polymorph and so on
    Z - Self heal or absorb (rogue potion, hunter heal, warlock absorb)
    J - Bandage
    < - Pet heal (this is to the left of Z, below A)
    C - Trinket 1 (PvP trinket)
    X - Typically some AoE type of ability, AoE stun, and so on
    F1-F4 - Variable skills, typically yells and such
    F5 - Garrison ability
    F6 - Transmog yak
    F7 - Guild bank
    F8 - Typically a long class buff of some sort

Shift+1 - A quick heal on healing classes, macro'd so it will self heal, damage ability if no heals
    Shift+2 - Possibly more heals or usually engineering grenade
    Shift+3 - Variable skills
    Shift+4 - Variable skills
    Shift+R - Debuff remover
    Shift-TAB - Mount or travel form
    Shift+F - Taunt or dispel
    Shift+T - Bigger, harder hitting AoE (as opposed to T)
    Shift+G - Typically an alternative defensive skill
    Shift+V - Variable skills
    Shift+Q - Pet attack
    Shift+E - Pet follow
    Shift+W - Nitro boost (engineering)
    Shift+</Z/C - Pet behavior assist/defensive/passive
    Shift+§ - Pet ability, typically stun or CC
    Shift+Space - Pet ability, typically more health or healing
    Shift+F1 - Healthstone
    Shift+F2 - Potion+bandage gun macro
    Shift+F3/Shift+F4 - Long defensive cooldowns, typically ones that raise health and heal

Ctrl+1 - Resurrect, either skill or army knife (every character is an engineer)
    Ctrl+2 - Glider Kit
    Ctrl+3 - Parachute cloak
    Ctrl+4 - Swapblaster
    Ctrl+E - A quick throwing skill/finisher or moonfire or something else to pull with
    Ctrl+W - Variable skills
    Ctrl+T - Tinypad
    Ctrl+F - The designated "use this item" -button for quest items and other such usable dropping items

Alt-Q - Variable skills
    Alt-E - Damage boost buff skill
    Alt-D - Eat/drink
    Alt-§ - Typically a secondary stealth or mobility type of skill
    Alt-S - Typically a metamorphosis or similar skill
    Alt-W - Bandage Gun

Mouse thumb back lower row (got four thumb buttons) - Loot-A-Rang
    Mouse thumb front lower row - automove
    Shift+Mouse thumb front lower row - Sprint or other such mobility skill
    Shift+Mouse thumb front upper row - Extra button (like the camouflage in Suramar City)
    Ctrl+Shift+Mouse thumb front lower row - oPie travel options
    Ctrl+Shift+Mouse thumb back lower row - oPie profession options
    Ctrl+Shift+Mouse thumb back upper row - oPie mage portals

O - Character pane
    N - Talent pane
    M - Map
    B - Open all bags
    L - Quest log
    P - Spellbook
    I - Dungeon finder

...and so on. Not all of them were listed. A lot of those probably make no sense but when you've played a game a certain way for 12 years, you kind of learn a certain way of doing things. My druid keybindings are a bit different though, with F for cat form and G for bear or boomkin form. But yeah, this is how my arms keybinding setup is, along with every other class and spec. Not sure if this helps anyone but hey there ya go.

Addons are way too numerous to be listed, UI is completely custom built around IceHUD, with a sprinkling of kgpanels, Shadowed Unit Frames, and of course Weakauras, with Dominos hiding all but 24 buttons (these are actually ones that don't mostly have keybindings) and using Masque to make them round. Although my UI is, to be honest, a bit of a mess still, and a complete work in progress. Here it is anyway in case someone's interested:

Deleted
    Was always fond of using abilties off the GCD on Q for higher apm-buiilds. Many bars are hidden (2 rows to the right are, only showing one) but this is enough. Usually stuff like DBM tracked to the sides and the emergency one above. This is more casually setup for me tho since I don't need anything more.

Last edited by mmocd21e3b18ee; 2016-09-21 at 01:54 PM.

I have no idea how some play with 1-5 on keyboard and still keep their hands on wasd for movement. Basically I have a G600 and use 1-6 for my most used abilities Q and E for other important abilities R F C V for utility. I use shift QE R F for cool downs and Shift 1-5 for defensive cool doesn and miscellaneous.