Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any validity to these nerfs?

Saw a post on the forums I'll be quoting:

Quote Originally Posted by 207477276634
    I documented the before's for all this last night prior to the nerf, and have compared them to what we now have to get the information they probably won't tell us in the patch notes.

And here we go (I'm not happy) :

Immolation Aura initial burst : 10% less damage
    Immolation Aura DoT: 15% less damage
    Fel Devestation: 10% less damage
    Shear: 8% less damage
    Fel Blade: 7% less damage
    Soul Cleave: 8% less damage
    Soul Carver initial burst: 5% less damage
    Soul Carver DoT: 10% less damage
    Fiery Brand: 10% less damage
    Burning Alive DoT: 10% less damage
    Infernal Strike: 5% less damage
    Throw Glaive: 10% less damage
    Fel Eruption: 10% less damage
    Sigil of Flame burst: 15% less damage
    Sigil of Flame DoT: 15% less damage

You know what damage ability of ours didn't get nerfed? Our Auto-attack. That's it. (Yes I checked).

So in addition to documenting all the abilities before the nerf, I also ran Five 5-minute sessions on the tank training dummy to document healing from Charred Warblades. It averaged out to 15% of my total healing, dead-even with heals from soul frags. It provided an average of 12k HPS. Repeating that same test today, it dropped down to 9% of my total healing and averaged out to 5.8k HPS.

Yeah. These damage nerfs just reduced the HPS from CWB by 50%. They cut it's effectiveness in half. I wasn't able to get test results for Leech, but I'm sure it's been similarly impacted.

Sigil of Flame wasn't even that good to begin with for dps and they hit it the hardest.
    Seems like a harsher nerf than expected? Or error in testing?

Hopefully they will post the actual numbers later tonight. Tanks got nerfed across the board.

Deleted
    zz they should have nerfed havoc who gives a shit about tanks.. srs

All tanks got nerfed across the board not just DH, a nerf much needed to be honest, tanks were dealing way too much dmg. Saying that, blizzard should look in and maybe give survival boost to Veng that is not tied to dps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    zz they should have nerfed havoc who gives a shit about tanks.. srs
    they are going to nerf Havoc's aoe actually

Anybody has any link for this?

I was hoping to get some survival boost not a kick in ass at the begining of expansion...

Nerf pretty silly. Any skilled DPS should be out dpsing tanks in most cases except some super edge case of gimp aoe DPS spec vs a heavy aoe Tank. Tank dps wasn't in some silly spot like previous expansions where you would take extra tanks for more aoe damage.

Deleted
    Great, felblade wasn't the best choice and now it is an even shittier choice... but I love it so much ;-;

It was a little silly that I gave up running around for world quests in DPS spec, because I could do not that much less damage and gain a bunch of survivability by running around in tank spec.

I don't care about the dps loss so much as the self healing loss

Well you average it out and it works out to being 9.8%

See well i disagree with them nerfing tanks, especially thia hard and well knowing it would affect a few tanks survivabilities. Im okay if they buff our survivability now as dh, cause we do loose a nice bit due to this.

I still think blizzard shouldnt have nerfed tanks and just brought up the dps specs that are crap.

Also, screw the people who think tanks op cause they would get beat in dps by them at 840+, learn to play. If you cant pull more then 150k dps at 840+ i dont want you in my raid.

Ouch. Guess they want us to CC more stuff in dungeons.

Deleted
    I can agree on the damage nerfs, but the healing and survivability front i don't agree at all. Why would they touch leech and charred warblades? It was our only good healing source, if the other tanks don't get hit as hard i'm rerolling prot warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only issues with the nerf is that they didn't do anything to balance how it hurts our survival, even if it's only slightly. I don't know the other tanks well so I can't comment for them, but losing damage is losing healing for us, so this is more than a damage nerf for us.

Otherwise, yeah, it was needed. Even single target I could do a lot more than I felt I should as a tank. We should be able to contribute, but we shouldn't be almost equal to DPS.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-09-21 at 12:30 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why they did it. When I soloed that last 25% of 2 bosses in Mythic EoA I think thats a little op.

Not to mention I can do a lot of the trash and some bosses in heroics without a healer.

Deleted
    If you think heroics and mythics+0 are competitive content, you are part of the problem.

Our single target damage is was actually pretty laughable. Unless you got up to 4+ mobs, you weren't topping any charts at all.

As a Vengeance main, these nerfs don't mean anything. Seriously. Been playing all day and I don't feel any difference in pve. I will say this pretty much wrecks Veng pvp though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noh View Post
    If you think heroics and mythics+0 are competitive content, you are part of the problem.

Yes cause I'm sure I should be able to do that..... If you think that is ok, you are part of the problem. Seems you want Mythic+ to be faceroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Yes cause I'm sure I should be able to do that..... If you think that is ok, you are part of the problem. Seems you want Mythic+ to be faceroll.
    Soloing old/irrelevant content has been a thing since launch of the game... Unless you remove gear/level scaling, it will will stay as a thing. With your logic, you shouldn't be able to solo LK at lvl110

e: Also, M+ will be faceroll until you get high enought for it to be difficult. The scaling of difficulty is practically infinite
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2016-09-21 at 09:35 AM.