Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have high hopes for spell effects improvements. Also this whole Destruction Warlock is a rebranded Fire Mage crap needs to die already, it's as ridiculous as saying that Affliction is just a poor man's Shadow Priest and Demo is a BM-lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have high hopes for spell effects improvements. Also this whole Destruction Warlock is a rebranded Fire Mage crap needs to die already, it's as ridiculous as saying that Affliction is just a poor man's Shadow Priest and Demo is a BM-lite.
    Say it louder for those in the back.

But seriously. Balance passes aren't something that happens instantly. You think that Blizzard is huge and should be able to knock it out quickly, but if you're still playing, you know they aren't. There is a reason for it. Basically, go take a group of numbers, roughly 50 of them, all in decimals and percents. Try and figure out which ones need to be increased, and which ones need to be decreased in order to have an overall buff, including HOW MUCH, they need to be changed, and then, put that in relation to another 9 sets or so of 50 numbers and making sure they are ALL balanced. It is a very time consuming process, with much trial and error, and in a perfect world, would be done right the first time.

Balance is coming. Just gotta give them a chance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Renal923 View Post
    Say it louder for those in the back.

But seriously. Balance passes aren't something that happens instantly. You think that Blizzard is huge and should be able to knock it out quickly, but if you're still playing, you know they aren't. There is a reason for it. Basically, go take a group of numbers, roughly 50 of them, all in decimals and percents. Try and figure out which ones need to be increased, and which ones need to be decreased in order to have an overall buff, including HOW MUCH, they need to be changed, and then, put that in relation to another 9 sets or so of 50 numbers and making sure they are ALL balanced. It is a very time consuming process, with much trial and error, and in a perfect world, would be done right the first time.

Balance is coming. Just gotta give them a chance guys.
    Balance never came and will never be here. As you said, in a perfect world yes but in reality it's not gonna happen. There will always be the spec/class that's op as dicks and the class/spec that is up as dicks.

Warlocks just seem to be always in the underpowered part most of the time. And when they finally get a chance to shine, people lose their shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    This tier may be Highmaul 2.0. If you remember warlocks were not in the best shape then either but eventually got some love and were able to shine.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post
    I'm honestly confused how this isn't making sense to you. You said things that were wrong, I showed you they were wrong. A.k.a claiming raid testing scaled your weapon when it didn't and claiming the ilvl we were boosted to was above what we are now, when we are actually past that ilvl. I'm not even talking about the state of class or anything at all related to it. Ironic that the person in this conversation insulting the other is trying to call that person salty.

If you don't even play a warlock...why are you here?
    She is here for the same reason as everyone else who keeps insisting how fabulous locks are - to troll.

Watching streams of EN. There's 1 warlock in raid at best. GJ Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    hahaha yeah I was watching some streams aswell. If there is a warlock in the raid then he isn't even in the top 10 damage meter lol.

though to be honest I have no idea why I am laughing because it is actually sad.

Deleted
    I kinda like Destro right now but I have 2 concerns:

Mastery is pretty meh, it's too much RNG.
    Chaos Bolt doesn't hit very hard.

My suggestion is to let Chaos Bolt always hit for the maximum mastery percentage. So mastery is less RNG (for Chaos Bolt at least) and it fixes Chaos Bolt damage, making mastery a better stat.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the first parses of heroic EN are coming in, and... its awful. Outside of dragons, which is a really good wreak havoc fight, lock representation is both horrifically low in quantity and results. If you scroll down far enough on at least half the encounters, you'll see the top warlock sitting 50-100k below the top specs.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "Its ok its just alpha, things aren't final yet"
    "its ok it's just beta, tuning hasn't happened yet"
    "It's ok, you'll be balanced at 110"
    "It's ok, you'll be balanced in end-game gear"
    "It's ok, you'll be balanced in raid gear."

How much more down the rabbit hole we can get before the fanboys stop excusing this bullshit.
    People have said that same stupidity for every patch and every expansion since burning crusade.

They always justify absolutely anything by ultimately saying "just ignore it, it'll be fine"
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Am I the only Warlock who's just enjoying my time as demo?
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!

Deleted
    Warlock specs (mostly demo/aff) are way too specialized in areas that don't really matter in WoW at the expense of stuff that actually matters.

Movement kills our dps, which is fine if we deal enough dmg when we don't move, but we don't.
    Rampup takes ages, which is fine if we overtake at the end, but we don't.
    Talents force us to focus our damage, which is fine if we excel when we do, but we don't.
    We have dead GCD's in our rotation to lifetap/manatap, which is fine if the rest of the rotation makes up for it, but....

Etc.

And now we begin to wait for another failure from Blizzard. I expect that warlocks, affliction in general, wont get any significant buffs next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    I kinda like Destro right now but I have 2 concerns:

Mastery is pretty meh, it's too much RNG.
    Chaos Bolt doesn't hit very hard.

My suggestion is to let Chaos Bolt always hit for the maximum mastery percentage. So mastery is less RNG (for Chaos Bolt at least) and it fixes Chaos Bolt damage, making mastery a better stat.
    I like the idea. Having a hard time to even consider Chaos Bolt against the instant, mana free and shard friendly Shadowburn.

Deleted
    Top guilds aren't running any locks. Serenity, for example, benched them. How much "data" does Blizzard need?

Too late anyway, look at the percentages - half as many locks as there are the second least popular class, monks. Cumulatively about five times as many people playing pure ranged dps mage/hunters as playing locks.

The damage is already done, numbers won;t matter much now, people have already rerolled and are on the gearing/artifact ladder for their mages. They aren;t going to reroll back to lock because you buff drain soul by 10% (and I;d be surprised if it's thta much)

- - - Updated - - -

And now we begin to wait for another failure from Blizzard. I expect that warlocks, affliction in general, wont get any significant buffs next week.
    Same, at this point I don;t think they know what to do, are terrifie dof disrupting the "established order" and no way are they going to buff the 2.8% warlock players and risk the 15% mages/huntards all bitching about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    They should just launch new expansions 6 months earlier and just do beta testing on live, since it feels like we are doing that anyways.
    This exactly. Every single expansion feels like you buy your way into the beta.

On the other hand, mages, monks and especially Hunters were just about never touched in WoD despite dominating DPS from the first tier to the last. GG

To be fair there's a good portion of this forum that are very obviously Blizzard paid posters judging by their post history and how they go into 5-8 classes forums and constantly post about how any issue the community see's is fine. It's obvious Blizz knows things are wrong and sending them out to mitigate the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    To be fair there's a good portion of this forum that are very obviously Blizzard paid posters judging by their post history and how they go into 5-8 classes forums and constantly post about how any issue the community see's is fine. It's obvious Blizz knows things are wrong and sending them out to mitigate the damage.
    Yes, ones like me, I got overtime bonus this month from Blizzard, I even got Feretory of Souls drop for me, coincidence? I think not!

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    lol. lets get our tin-foil hats guys!

I'll save my judgment until after tonight's raid, but only way I'm getting "destroyed" on DPS atm is by classes with massive burst in 5-mans, because bosses are now only living for 40-50 seconds and trash is being pulled 10-15 mobs at a time. Not much we can do about that though, that's the other classes being extremely strong in certain scenarios, not locks being awful all-around.
    Last edited by Esinar; 2016-09-21 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looking at the logs so far for the first four bosses, Warlocks don't seem to exist inside the top 200; there's like 1 on a couple of fights and they're one of top 5 best geared players out there.