Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't think it's smart that they applied/applying a 10% damage nerf across the board for all tanks. Seems lazy especially when warrior aoe didn't need as great a nerf as some other classes and our ST still leaves a lot to be desired.

They also need to rework Neltharion's Fury to be less crappy. It's easily the worst artifact skill out of all the tanks.

IP I think needs a bit of a nerf but again we're talking about threat/damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by Trexer View Post
    Let me guess a versatility geared warrior? Cause my haste prot is a god of aggro. put in 1 focused rage, pop SB, hit shield slam and rip the other tanks aggro. Dont spam Rev on single target rather spam Dev fishing for SS procs. You are doing your rotation wrong or the other tank has 40 item levels on you. Eather way warriors have no problem holding aggro.

A friendly tip if the enemy tank is getting close to overtaking you taunt + shieldslam will put you over the top again!
    QFT! FR/IP talent is much love <3.

Also, kinda the reverse on trash: Spam dat [Revenge]! Stupid dmg and stupid threat .

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Damage and aggro are 2 separate things aren't they. Sounds like complaining rather than sound reasoning.

No one gives a shit how much damage a tank can do (unless of course they are doing TOO much damage)

I am curious to know where you are playing that you have 2 tanks going at the same time since raids just came out. Because havoc is not a tank. Yes its a tank class... but havoc is not a tank by any means.

So its not about how much damage you do... but rather how much threat is created by use of abilities. If it is sufficient to hold aggro... the solution is not to buff damage... its to fix threat generation. Either we tone down dps threat... or you ramp up the threat created by prot warrior abilities.

The title and subsequent body of your post suggests you don't know much about warriors, demonhunters, or class/role mechanics.
    dmg and threat is exactly the same. threat is dmg *500 for all tanks since like cata?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Try mythic+ with skittish
    Haven't had the chance but when I do I'm sure it won't be that big of a deal. Nothing particular worse than other tanks at least. Especially considering a measly thunderclap can lock threat in pretty nicely. I'd imagine Skittish would just bring us back to the days of target switching for threat which is fine. Worse case it'll rely on dps to manage aggro once again. Mythic+ hasn't even been release for an entire day yet so not much can be said about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    dmg and threat is exactly the same. threat is dmg *500 for all tanks since like cata?
    Not exactly. There are abilities that have increased threat generation as well as the damage you do during taunt. Damage is a direct threat builder but threat isn't solely reliant on damage output amount. Threat from abilities can always be tuned without changing the damage output.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Our damage as Prot is abysmal, tanking with a decked Prot Paladin last night in Heroic EN and on trash no amount of APM could pull mobs off him.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    specially Demon hunters they deal massive damage , wonder when blizz gonna buff warrior prot dmg, i see vengeance DH solo elites in suramar and kill 3-4 elites faster than me which was only killing 1
    You find difficulty in interesting places, don't you?

Prot War deals fine DPS. Not as much as other Tanks atm, but not so low that you can't perform your function. If you are having problems holding threat when you should have it, chances are you are doing something wrong in your rotation, your ilvl is not competitive, or your co-tank is going ham on the wrong targets. Ensure you are up to speed on your rotation then see if the problem persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Thugonomics View Post
    Our damage as Prot is abysmal, tanking with a decked Prot Paladin last night in Heroic EN and on trash no amount of APM could pull mobs off him.
    On the flipside, tanking bosses with my Guardian druid co-tank often resulted in me (intentionally) taking aggro.

Deleted
    im at times abit annoyed by the fact that we have to take damage to do damage/threat.

if i get the jump on a trash pack, all is well, revenge resets all the time and scale of earth goes off.
    if my cotank gets the jump, revenge has a long ass cooldown, no scales proc and your left with pretty much thunder clap which i doubt anyone has put artifact traits in yet.

Deleted
    And after the hotfix - don't you find the current damage values to be pathethically low? SS crit with 3 FR and HR and shield block up down to ~800-900 k ;/

- - - Updated - - -
    Prot War deals fine DPS. Not as much as other Tanks atm, but not so low that you can't perform your function. If you are having problems holding threat when you should have it, chances are you are doing something wrong in your rotation, your ilvl is not competitive, or your co-tank is going ham on the wrong targets. Ensure you are up to speed on your rotation then see if the problem persists.
    If we are doing lower damage, we are dealing less threat - 2 of those are strictly connected

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    specially Demon hunters they deal massive damage , wonder when blizz gonna buff warrior prot dmg, i see vengeance DH solo elites in suramar and kill 3-4 elites faster than me which was only killing 1
    Sounds like you're not very good at your warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    im at times abit annoyed by the fact that we have to take damage to do damage/threat.

if i get the jump on a trash pack, all is well, revenge resets all the time and scale of earth goes off.
    if my cotank gets the jump, revenge has a long ass cooldown, no scales proc and your left with pretty much thunder clap which i doubt anyone has put artifact traits in yet.
    So if your cotank gets the 'jump' on trash before you do, taunt a single mob off them so that you have something to do. Its not rocket science.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Prot damage is made up for the fact that they are the number 1 healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    ITT: People who dont understand how balance works.

Tank damage does matter. A lot. If warrior is consistently under-parsing versus other tanks, then its an issue.

Likewise, warrior is by no means overtuned or a god of tanking. Rather when it begins to over gear content then ignore pain starts looking OP since ignore pain stacks so well. It will not be stacking in content that its not over gearing.
    What an embarrassing post.

What you're seeing 'ITT' is people saying that Prot Warriors are absolutely fine in terms of aggro. They're number 1 or 2 right now for single target damage too.

So basically you came in to the thread with an air of superiority when in fact you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvlx View Post
    What an embarrassing post.

What you're seeing 'ITT' is people saying that Prot Warriors are absolutely fine in terms of aggro. They're number 1 or 2 right now for single target damage too.

So basically you came in to the thread with an air of superiority when in fact you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    Warriors doing notably less damage than all other tanks is a problem: everyone knows warrior is the low damage tank at the moment. While tanks are certainly not expected to do DPS levels of damage, the damage they bring to the table is important. To say otherwise is straight ignorance.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    4k mil absorbs shilds and 1.5 mil shield slams.... I feel like we are in an ok place. I rip threat from any other tank if we start close to the same time. Look into what you are doing, sounds like you are doing something wrong.
    what game are you playing??

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Warriors doing notably less damage than all other tanks is a problem: everyone knows warrior is the low damage tank at the moment.
    Are you kidding? You are absolutely clueless dude.

Edit - just so we're crystal clear. The only class that beats Prot Warrior damage single target is Paladin. Even then it's close if the Warrior is a good player.

Saying they are the 'low damage tank' isn't just a lie, it's a complete joke.
    Last edited by Dvlx; 2016-09-22 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvlx View Post
    Are you kidding? You are absolutely clueless dude.

Edit - just so we're crystal clear. The only class that beats Prot Warrior damage single target is Paladin. Even then it's close if the Warrior is a good player.

Saying they are the 'low damage tank' isn't just a lie, it's a complete joke.
    According to what? Anecdotal evidence?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=Any&boss=1873

We are last on Il'gynoth, the AoE boss

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=Any&boss=1841

We are top on Urson, the single target boss

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#class=Any

We are middle of the pack across all bosses, basically the same as DK and beaten by Paladin and Druid

This clearly indicates that whilst threat on bosses should not be an issue, we can absolutely have aggro ripped off us on groups of packs (the only place where you'll ever encounter this issue). Once we lose aggro a significant portion of our Rage Generation goes away, further making it difficult for us to rip back aggro (no Focus Rage spam for Shield Slam aggro), and our Revenge Resets go away.

Using my own anecdotal evidence, my DH co-tank would pull full aggro on every single trash pack unless I opened with Battle Cry + Neltharions, in which case I'd grab the whole pack and Revenge procs would mean he's only be able to single target them off me. Outside of openning with that there was no hope of me getting aggro without taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    According to what? Anecdotal evidence?

2 points. First - my post says single target. Anecdotal evidence? You just linked logs to verify exactly what I said. Top DPS single target.

Secondly, who the fuck cares about aggro potentially being stolen by an aoe tank on trash mobs?

Threat is not an issue. If it is then you're doing something wrong.