I have a question on relic, is it better to drop 845 Light of Maytr 5% healing for a 855 LOH CD 10%? Obviously ilvl increase weapon stats but yea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vashter View Post
    I have a question on relic, is it better to drop 845 Light of Maytr 5% healing for a 855 LOH CD 10%? Obviously ilvl increase weapon stats but yea.
    Both are useless so go for the ilvl increase?

Guess Aladya was right. Paladins are so bad right now xD

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Paladins are so bad right now xD
    Holy Paladins are in a pretty good spot. They just have a major weakness (sustained AOE damage).

Felt great in the raid last night. Finally figured out how to use LotM too! Good times all around.

Deleted
    Guys could you clear stuff with relics? Someone already asked but there is no answer. I know that HS trait has prio but should we fillup all 3 relic spots to boost HS or upgrade other traits too? Also want to ask which trinkets you think are best from Emerald Nightmare raid. Thanks in advance for answers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimgrin View Post
    Finally figured out how to use LotM too!
    Explain? I've only used it a handful of times as a oh shit button but it usually doesn't help much unless it crits.

Man, raid tonight, such sad times. Getting sniped out at every turn.
    BotL felt seriously underwhelming. Anyone had a go with BoV in the raiding setting?

Quote Originally Posted by paladad View Post
    BotL felt seriously underwhelming. Anyone had a go with BoV in the raiding setting?
    You know my only experience with that is on a world boss and it was by accident because I forgot to respec before we pulled. BoV seemed to be pretty decent? I have a crappy 822 ilvl and was second on heals, no idea what the other healers were like. But there was about 60 people in the group so it was pretty sizable. I am pretty sure the top healer was a shaman.

Anyway, beacon was my top heal at around 26% of my healing, followed by holy shock I believe, then flash, then - I was amazed - Aura of Mercy. I can't remember what was after that.

I'm by no means a theorycrafter or anything and I've heard nothing but "use BotL in raids or you're bad" but it seemed pretty decent. I dunno. No mana issues but it wasn't a long fight.

I'm interested in what the community will have to say.

Deleted
    Is there a Legion Holy BiS List for Trinkets? I can't really decide? I got a 845 Chrono Shard, a 845 Naglfar Fare and a 840 Thrumming Gossamer

What to use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paladad View Post
    Paladins don't get snipe healed...

Blessing of Virtue is terrible for raid, now if you really want to get snipe healed go that.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

Tank HP never dipped so there was nothing to heal there.
    Spot healing was either spam FoL and go OoM or cast HL and have people topped before I got the cast off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do know I need to be more diligent with my HS casting. I am a bad, bad paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Viskah View Post
    Explain? I've only used it a handful of times as a oh shit button but it usually doesn't help much unless it crits.
    The Heart of Corruption fight the raid was taking extreme damage (we took over a BILLION from avoidable AOEs and stuff, learning curve) and myself and the other 2 healers were getting close to OOM on our first and 2nd wipes (got him third pull!).

LOTM is "free", I started using it on the low damage portion of the encounter (inside the heart for example) and combined it with Bestow Light on myself as well as using the Druid's incidental healing (Mushroom power!) to offset the damage I was doing myself. LOTM still didn't end up breaking 10% of my total healing done but I think I used it more effectively in that encounter than I did the others.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Is there a Legion Holy BiS List for Trinkets? I can't really decide? I got a 845 Chrono Shard, a 845 Naglfar Fare and a 840 Thrumming Gossamer

What to use?
    The Sacred Shielding Blog has a BIS trinket list, but it's ranked via potential HPS, meaning the Int trinkets are given a huge boost.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

We ended up going a super unimpressive 5/7 on Normal. Myself, a MW, and a Resto Druid were the healers. We were all really, really close on the fights. I ended up being top on Ursoc, Dragons, and the Spider. Whether or not this coincides with the fact that I was using Strength trinkets for the first two bosses remains to be seen..

Super happy with my Holy Paladin . I ran this talent build: http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/paladin/holy/c8BM. This is my Artifact ( http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...M9ADPRA0ogNT4B) I was the "lone" healer on Nightmare Dragons for my side, Rule of Law let me help out the other side when they needed the assistance. Wasn't super happy with Divine Purpose, may try out Prism or Holy Avenger Thursday.
    Last edited by Grimgrin; 2016-09-21 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fallacy that LotM is free needs to disappear. It's not free, we judge spells in Healing done per mana spent, and in this regard LotM is one of the most costly spells for the healing done.

For example, Flash of Light (out least mana-efficient spell) is the same mana efficiency for amount of healing as Light of the Martyr, and this is before you even include Beacon transfer.
    Last edited by CloudedInSanity; 2016-09-21 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    This fallacy that LotM is free needs to disappear. It's not free, we judge spells in Healing done per mana spent, and in this regard LotM is one of the most costly spells for the healing done.

For example, Flash of Light (out least mana-efficient spell) is the same mana efficiency for amount of healing as Light of the Martyr, and this is before you even include Beacon transfer.
    This was my exact thinking as well, it doesn't transfer to my beacon and it isn't free at all. I mean in a pinch, HS on CD, I have to move and someone is getting their butt blasted I can LoTM really quick and hopefully save them. Outside of that situation I really don't think I'd be using it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    I thought the Brackets around "Free" would be adequate. The fact of the matter is that it was an efficient heal that allowed me to conserve my mana better after I changed my strategy to include it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimgrin View Post
    I thought the Brackets around "Free" would be adequate. The fact of the matter is that it was an efficient heal that allowed me to conserve my mana better after I changed my strategy to include it.
    It doesn't allow you to conserve mana any better. Holy Light lets you conserve mana better.

Okay, question.

Bleached skull talisman: 1,123 intellect+898 mastery (840 Ilvl)

Or

Naglfar fare: 849 crit+chance for heals to give an absorb shield (78k) for 15 sec. Heals while the shield is active for 19.8k every 3 sec. (825 Ilvl).

Which do I go with? They're both trinkets obviously, but very confused on which is better. I think the talisman is better but looking for answers if anyone could help.

Crit with Naglfar: 35%
    Mastery with naglfar: 42%

Crit with talisman: 32%
    Mastery with talisman: 45%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Okay, question.

Bleached skull talisman: 1,123 intellect+898 mastery (840 Ilvl)

Or

Naglfar fare: 849 crit+chance for heals to give an absorb shield (78k) for 15 sec. Heals while the shield is active for 19.8k every 3 sec. (825 Ilvl).

Which do I go with? They're both trinkets obviously, but very confused on which is better. I think the talisman is better but looking for answers if anyone could help.

Crit with Naglfar: 35%
    Mastery with naglfar: 42%

Crit with talisman: 32%
    Mastery with talisman: 45%
    Talisman.