3 legendaries on the same boss in Emerald Nightmare

Hai everyone :3
    So yeah, yesterday we had a blast doing the first 4 bosses in Emerald Nightmare and 3 people looted their legendary on the Ursoc.
    I was wondering if it's really a case of RNG or somekind of coding error. I've been coding for 10 years and something tells me that there is something wrong with the droprate and i don't think it's based on personal RNG. Your thoughts? Got any crazy story with legendaries? Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Progressiv View Post
    I've been coding for 10 years and something tells me that there is something wrong with the droprate and i don't think it's based on personal RNG.
    Well then, thank god for your 10 years of "coding" that determined there's an issue here. Most have less than 10 years and could not figure it out.

All hail mighty Progressiv, The Master Coder.

If they really did fix the luck protection then I don't think it's that impossible.

Deleted
    As was told over and over again... buy all stuff from this npc: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19227/griftah and you will get your legendary on set points like ursoc in your guilds case.

we did a normal clear 7/7 yesterday and 3 legendary's dropped as well. DK/RET/HUNTER. It was from 3 different bosses though.

take that however you will.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    As was told over and over again... buy all stuff from this npc: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19227/griftah and you will get your legendary on set points like ursoc in your guilds case.
    My 9 years of "coding" has determined that this IS true.

My 21 years of coding tell me there's not enough information to determine if there is a problem or not.

Garts your guildies!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Well then, thank god for your 10 years of "coding" that determined there's an issue here. Most have less than 10 years and could not figure it out.

All hail mighty Progressiv, The Master Coder.
    Dat sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Progressiv View Post
    So yeah, yesterday we had a blast doing the first 4 bosses in Emerald Nightmare and 3 people looted their legendary on the Ursoc.
    I was wondering if it's really a case of RNG or somekind of coding error. I've been coding for 10 years and something tells me that there is something wrong with the droprate and i don't think it's based on personal RNG. Your thoughts? Got any crazy story with legendaries? Let us know!
    Well if it was only 3 I dont see how it can be considered a coding issue. Now if your entire raid team looted a legendary, then I would raise an eyebrow. But considering that only 3 out of an entire raid team out of an entire raid instance, I am going to lean on RNG gunna RNG.

If you did a probability calculation you'd see how low percentage this was.

15+ Year Old Account
    As was mentioned briefly, the 'bad luck protection' was inactive until raids opened yesterday. I imagine the initial activation of that may result in some skewed legendary drop rates at first.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

We got 2 from the first boss in EN on heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    As was mentioned briefly, the 'bad luck protection' was inactive until raids opened yesterday. I imagine the initial activation of that may result in some skewed legendary drop rates at first.
    I had not heard this, it's good to hear though. Our guild has about 30-40 active people right now and only one has gotten a legendary (technically 3...that bug tho). So it would really raise morale to see a few more pop up.

My 50 years of taking a dump let's me determine when I'm getting shit on.

Can you provide a reference link to that please?

Source of this?

The only thing "wrong" with the drop rate is that you and I haven't gotten one yet LOL.

Just seems like good luck, grats to your guild!