Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    A class tied to its own race only? Ok, let's say I am game; can you give me a class for each of the 13 playable race that hasn't been done yet?
    I would more say: Hero-Classes that may only fit for one race lorewise and where opening it for others would obliterate their whole style. Blizz did it before with the Tauren and it was shit.

That's why I would say, instead giving Wardens to the Horde, it would be better to give them a Class that fits the Lore of one of their races and only has the same mechanics. Like Wardens on the one side, Spellbreakers/Blademasters on the other.

I'm not sure how you can do that while making both feel fresh and true to identity rather than day getting Warden and a spell breaker in name only with moves more appropriate for a warden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Hmmm, a good intellectual lore exercise. Let's see:

Night Elves: Warden
    Blood Elves: Spellbreaker
    Human: Runemaster (e.g. Vrykul Rune Magic)
    Orc: Blademaster
    Forsaken: Necromancer
    Worgen: ???
    Goblin: Crazed Alchemist
    Gnome: Tinker
    Tauren: Spirit Walker
    Dwarf: Thane (Elementally-infused Warrior)
    Draenei: ???
    Pandaren: ???
    Troll: Hexxer

Some of these would require some shifting of existing abilities of course, and some of them I can't think of anything for (at least nothing that could be differentiated from current classes/specs).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I would more say: Hero-Classes that may only fit for one race lorewise and where opening it for others would obliterate their whole style. Blizz did it before with the Tauren and it was shit.

That's why I would say, instead giving Wardens to the Horde, it would be better to give them a Class that fits the Lore of one of their races and only has the same mechanics. Like Wardens on the one side, Spellbreakers/Blademasters on the other.
    Nah.. On this I have to disagree, I am sorry. I think both factions should experience the same classes if they introduced any new class to be honest. I am really so attached to my blood elf paladin that I am very thankful for the chance of playing it.

Glad to see I had people thinking about this, though!

Well wardens aren't just jailers they are also bounty hunters. Which is why you get rep with high mountain as well when you do the mission.

Deleted
    Nah.. On this I have to disagree, I am sorry. I think both factions should experience the same classes if they introduced any new class to be honest. I am really so attached to my blood elf paladin that I am very thankful for the chance of playing it.

Glad to see I had people thinking about this, though!
    Every player could experience them and it would be a nice reason to play the opposite faction once. But I think the Class Identity should be by far more important than that everyone can play them, even if it doesn't fit the Lore of the Class. Blood Elf Paladins until 2.4 were a whole different story. At that time, Blizzard had real Class Questchain over the leveling phase were you got a strong sence of what your Class really was. And the Blood Elf Paladin was not the Paladin like I played him on my Alliance Character, he was a Blood Knight, one who doesn't serve the light but instead mastered it. Blood Knight had a very unique identity, compared to the Alliance Paladins, except the Skills they were essencially a different Class.

Deleted
    A class tied to its own race only? Ok, let's say I am game; can you give me a class for each of the 13 playable race that hasn't been done yet?
    Human->Valiant knight, shout how much you have X for maximum damage buffs! Grouping with non-humans disabled.
    Night elf->Warden.
    Dwarf->Beard comber. You comb beards.
    Gnome->Become a leper and die.
    Worgen->Brawler, like greymane. Also racial +damage vs undead.
    Orc->Peon, work the land! Enjoy life! Take it easy!
    Forsaken->Alchemist, you always deal friendly fire against non-forsaken.
    Troll->Internet that has a max speed connection to mmo-champ.
    Tauren->Chief, it's a warrior/shaman mix, that hits people with totems! Takes triple damage from quillboars and centaurs.
    Blood elf->Spellwarden. Only class in the race whose male's face doesn't look like shit and has muscular mass.
    Goblin->Trade Prince, become rich and win by paying for carries. It's just the auctioneer addon but don't tell anyone (shhhhh)
    Panda->Loremaster, write great stories about what totally happened! (it's just the MRP addon, but don't tell anyone!)

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    What do the Wardens have against anything? They are an angry bunch altogether, even after Jarod supposedly took over and made a new version of them. I don't even know what happened to Jarod's new kinder, gentler Wardens because we seem to be dealing with Maeiv's angry "kill 'em all" Wardens anyway.
    I don't think the hand over has been effected yet. Isn't Mira temporary leading them? So they are still in the Maiev vein for now. Prob a book or quest will inform us of more later.

I dont consider a moose capable of spitting caustic torrents of blood to be poor and innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    What do they have against wild beasts, really? Today they asked me to kill a poor, innocent white moose, and when I did the deed, they proclaimed that "justice has been served this day" with a disturbing satisfaction... And it's not the first time they get all high and mighty about murdering random animal.

I'm starting to question their sanity.
    I'm pretty sure that White moose also have one attack named "Spit Blood" or something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Regardless that's a pretty bad-ass moose. You've got 5-6 faction champions, each with an Artifact of storied power and history, wailing away on it while it tosses people yards back and does multiple charge attacks. I can kind of see why the Wardens might want to get a handle on that kind of thing before it makes it way to Thunder Totem and imbalances the Legion war-effort.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What do they have against wild beasts, really?
    Tax evasion.

Obv the white moose must be killed for annoying countless leatherworkers during the 'catch the moose' quest.

What do they have against wild beasts, really? Today they asked me to kill a poor, innocent white moose, and when I did the deed, they proclaimed that "justice has been served this day" with a disturbing satisfaction... And it's not the first time they get all high and mighty about murdering random animal.

The creatures the Wardens want you to target always get extra abilities. Animal targets tend to get the "Spit blood" ability which does heavy damage in a frontal cone. The moose also attacks anyone that gets close to it as it runs around the lake. I think it's pretty sane to order someone to go kill that psychotic moose randomly attacking people with some unnatural magic.

I noticed the same thing. They must not get along with D.E.H.T.A.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Every player could experience them and it would be a nice reason to play the opposite faction once. But I think the Class Identity should be by far more important than that everyone can play them, even if it doesn't fit the Lore of the Class. Blood Elf Paladins until 2.4 were a whole different story. At that time, Blizzard had real Class Questchain over the leveling phase were you got a strong sence of what your Class really was. And the Blood Elf Paladin was not the Paladin like I played him on my Alliance Character, he was a Blood Knight, one who doesn't serve the light but instead mastered it. Blood Knight had a very unique identity, compared to the Alliance Paladins, except the Skills they were essencially a different Class.
    My blood elf paladin is as old as patch 2.1, and I have the "Charger" feat of strength. I remember how things used to be, but becoming actual paladins in patch 2.4 is something that turned out very fitting in patch 2.4, which is why I was fine with it and incorporated into the character herself, who is now a very religious person and I loved discovering that part in her personality.

Deleted

Poor and innocent? That moose is the spawn of Satan itself. I could be happily running around, trying to get some precious foxflowers and along comes the moose from hell. Hellbent on death and destruction and possibly stealing my foxflowers off my corpse.
    And he does not give up, he'll chase you til the end of the world. Innocent isn't the word I would use for it, he gets what he deserves!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillor View Post
    Poor and innocent? That moose is the spawn of Satan itself. I could be happily running around, trying to get some precious foxflowers and along comes the moose from hell. Hellbent on death and destruction and possibly stealing my foxflowers off my corpse.
    And he does not give up, he'll chase you til the end of the world. Innocent isn't the word I would use for it, he gets what he deserves!
    That is a nasty moose, I have to agree. I accidentally ran into him while leveling and I already had about three mobs on me. Oh yes. I play a beast mastery hunter so I eventually took everything down without a real problem, but it was a really unpleasant surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    A moose that spits torrents of blood and attacks upon proximity or what we call aggroing the damn thing isn't what I'd call an innocent creature even if it looks so mmmmajestic. Not to mention, there's Feltotem nearby - the creature could've been corrupted. And on another note, Wardens are bounty hunters on top of upholders of Kaldorei law and justice.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Deleted
    My blood elf paladin is as old as patch 2.1, and I have the "Charger" feat of strength. I remember how things used to be, but becoming actual paladins in patch 2.4 is something that turned out very fitting in patch 2.4, which is why I was fine with it and incorporated into the character herself, who is now a very religious person and I loved discovering that part in her personality.
    I don't quite liked that, because I loved the Blood Elves as those fel-addicted, darker Members of the Horde. The Blood Knights with their Crusade against the Light were a great connections to the Forsaken. But all in all, the whole 2.4 felt a little bit to random, Deus Ex Machina and fast for me. We know that Sunwell wasn't supposed to be a Burning Crusade Raid, the patched it in because Wrath of the Lichking took longer than expected and I would have loved to see how it was originally supposed to end with the Blood Knights. After all, I'm more the "Show, don't tell"-Kind of Player, while Blizzards tends of telling us how stuff is instead of showing it to us. They tell us how Tirion Fordring is the most respected Paladin, despite the fact that he was banished and excommunicated by the Church and the Alliance, instead showing his his Path of becoming this great and beloved Hero he is randomly at the start of Wrath of the Lichking. They tell us how Liadrin is now a respected Paladin, despite showing us how she regained the trust and the respect of the other Paladins. That's quite bad storytelling and it takes away the most interesting Parts of a Character. Like, would anybody give a shit about Luke Skywalker without letting us see how he becomes a Jedi-Knight? Would anybody give a damn fuck about Aragon, without showing us his path in becoming the heroic Warrior King he is in the end of Lord of the Rings? Or with Jon Snow, would people love him like they do without letting us see his path of overcoming everything and turning into this Hero is now? What should make a Hero a Hero should be the Path of growing into a Hero, gaining the respect and admiration of others, overcoming everything. That's why I liked Yrel quite a bit. Her story was very rushed and not really good told, but at least we see how she becomes this great Vindicator and finally an Exarch. And Weakness can make a Hero even more likable. I really loved Maraad after his Lords of War Video, because seeing him failing, giving in to his desire for Vengeance made him human while his acceptance of his one big Sin together with his willingness to give his own Life to prevent that something like this happens again made him admirable. Especially for a Paladin I think a certain humility makes them by far more believable and likable. After all, no good Paladin should ever with himself as a Hero, they should be Servants of the Light, not glorious champions, who simply want to give everything they can offer for the well-being of others. That Will is what makes them admirable.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-09-22 at 11:28 AM.