Lightbulb Legendary speculation (Interesting trend)

Hey all,

I hope you read the title properly and I am not just bombarded from hate for opening my mouth, but I noticed something intriguing last night (technically 3:45 A.M this morning).

My guild has a few hundred members (about 25-50 online at any given point, plus the weekend inflation).

We have only had THREE legendary drops thus far. THIS is where my interest was peaked. ALL of the legendaries we had drop occurred between 3:00-5:45 in the morning EST. It is simply a thought at the moment and I most likely will never find any sort of answer, but my potential theory I don't think sounds crazy, and who knows, it may help someone get one out of sheer chance (which it is :P )

THOUGHT / THEORY: Would it be at all possible in the current loot drop chance in the game, that Blizzard may have spread out legendary drops over a set sort of time (somewhat similar to how going to the Underbelly during Non-Peak area populations leads to very few if any rares spawning)? What if it was somehow incorporated to something along these lines:

(VERY Generally scaled using extremely simplified numbers) 5 legendary drops per 5-6 hours on a server, or even something more structurally written like 1 per hour per server. Where I am going with this is, what if the reason my guild had the drops when and how we did because the three of us who have them are usually the last on, and finishing up our mythic runs and world quests during these low population times? I am curious if the fact we have received them in the same time frame of extremely low traffic times for our server has anything to do with it. Could even possibly explain some of the posts ive seen of "why do only 4 people in our guild have legendaries and why do 3 of them already have TWO while we have none." Perhaps they play at a similar time almost every day and the others without one are battling hundreds if not thousands of other players if it IS in fact a set number that drop per day/hour/minute. (Non-peak time odds = 1(you) out of 230 players online and running things vs. Peak time odds = lets say 1(you) out of 1000+ players online)

I thank you for hearing me out while I have tried to articulate a random thought I had floating around in my melon. I hope this was an enjoyable or at the very least bearable post.

-Ghillie (Lucky recipient of [Will of Valeera] Rogue Legs!)
    Last edited by ghilliethekid; 2016-09-21 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Just no. /10char
    Yea whats the point of brainstorming anyhow. It's not like it ever accomplished anything. /10braincells

Quote Originally Posted by ghilliethekid View Post
    /10braincells
    The irony. Someone doesn't know how minimum character requirements work.

Let me explain it in terms you should understand. There is nothing we can do to test any thing. What is the point in making random untestable theories? There isn't one, other than to serve as clutter for these forums.

Legendary drops have dropped more than 1 legendary in 1 run for groups. More than 1 legendary on a single boss for groups. Thousands of groups going hundreds of dungeons without seeing a drop. And they drop at all times of the day and night, and day of the week. No point to this discussion at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    The irony. Someone doesn't know how minimum character requirements work.
    or it was insinuating that replying to a post clearly marked as speculation with a definitive answer backed by no information or advancement of ideas right or wrong uses less than ten brain cells so I posted that to add some for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ghilliethekid View Post
    or it was insinuating that replying to a post clearly marked as speculation with a definitive answer backed by no information or advancement of ideas right or wrong uses less than ten brain cells so I posted that to add some for him.

no, I don't think so. Looking at your post history you've never had a post small enough to be close to the minimum. I think you just didn't understand. You do now though.

However, I see nothing wrong with brainstorming.

Let me explain it in terms you should understand. There is nothing we can do to test any thing. What is the point in making random untestable theories? There isn't one, other than to serve as clutter for these forums.

Legendary drops have dropped more than 1 legendary in 1 run for groups. More than 1 legendary on a single boss for groups. Thousands of groups going hundreds of dungeons without seeing a drop. And they drop at all times of the day and night, and day of the week. No point to this discussion at all.
    fo·rum /ˈfôrəm/ noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora 1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

So I am apparently cluttering something with an object clearly stated as a purpose.

Swing and a miss

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    no, I don't think so. Looking at your post history you've never had a post small enough to be close to the minimum. I think you just didn't understand. You do now though.

However, I see nothing wrong with brainstorming.
    Fair enough.

Explain to me what is the point of discussing how legendaries might be dropped when there isn't a single way we can test said theories?

Explain to me what is the point of discussing how legendaries might be dropped when there isn't a single way we can test said theories?

We're in a stalemate and neither of us are going to back down and I realize that. I have no problem with any of your views or statements made but throwing around opinion as fact as you did before gets under my skin from anyone not just you. Sorry if I frustrated you with my opinionated and random post.

Enjoy the expansion and have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    The method for testing this would require a large number of players across different servers. There was a theory before that certain rare spawns are more likely to spawn at certain hours. I went through this when farming Time-Lost Proto. Could be a complete waste of time, but we each play how we want, and if you want to invest the time, more power to you man. Don't let people's ignorant perspective keep you from getting to the bottom of how things work. Not saying you'll have success, but not trying is the worst mistake.
    That's a solid idea. Unfortunately due to my work schedule I do not know if ill ever have the time to invest or manpower to collect any sort of baseline even, but im okay with not finding a positive answer. I just enjoy brainstorming things as I am mindlessly running dungeons and such. Appreciate it!