Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    How dare you having fun OP?
    I think most people (Including me) have an issue with people saying they are doing fine, when it is their lack of perspective that skews the experience.

As a warlock, you are going to be lowest on the meters against most other specs. Saying you are doing decent as a warlock is just not true, since you would have to perform at 1% lvl to be decent, and I very much doubt that anyone saying warlocks are fun and fine are part of the people who perform at the top 1% level.

Relative to your group you may be doing fine, but don't say you are doing fine in general. "I did a heroic and I easily topped meters, locks must be fine" vs "I did a heroic, I had fun, I topped meters so I guess the others were undergeared / bad". I'm just not really in the mood to be told that warlocks are great right now, because they are not.

Least interesting, most clunkiness, no baseline interrupt, tanky caster idea (Which is just going to be crap), all 3 specs performing exceedingly bad.

It is fine to say you are having fun on your warlock, but don't try to extrapolate any further than that, because you are simply objectively wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaman View Post
    oh noes! Someone is enjoying the class and doing well! Unacceptable! Quick insult him so we can get back to our whining and crying without interruption!
    to the ground baby!!! >
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmylol View Post
    Hey guys! After all the bashing i have seen im so happy with how it really works in raids and mythic +! I did all the fights up to Xavius in the raid and i was first in all fights except the first one where i ended in 3rd place. I have also done 5 mythic + dungeons today from level 1-4 and did decent overall, especially on ST.

I still hope for some changes for the rampup for affli tho, i hope they can be just as good in the future.

How are your experience this far in the raid and mythic +?
    Either your only other dps is ret paladins or your mages, demon hunters, rogues and hunters don;t know what they are doing then.

Against any of these classes warlocks in any spec should never come top, the only place destro should stand a chance is a fight where it can permanently abuse Havoc.

It also begs the question

What about people who don;t want to play fucking destruction?

After they totally trashed demo in WOD it became the go-to spec and now it is again, because on demand burst dominates virtually every single damn fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Yeah "Looking at the numbers, we have decided that Demonology being the top DPS spec for warlocks is not right, so we are going to reduce it's damage since we don't want people to feel they have to play a spec that complex and unforgiving.".....
    I have this fear that you're right. Neve rmind that demo goes down the toilet if you're not doing Patchwerk or if you make the tiniest mistake whilst Mr Mage can DC for ten seconds and barely notice.

Blizz have a tendency to level specs in classes down, not up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    The marks from the dragons has a 45 yard range (might be 60 on mythic) from the center of their hit box. Havoc has 40 yard range from the oter edge of their hitbox. And their hitbox is fucking huge
    so in mythic we're shit again^^

don't get it why they change this range for myth, just for WL beeing completely useless to another fight or what?! Or are there any other classes which mechanics would be to strong for this fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    I think most people (Including me) have an issue with people saying they are doing fine, when it is their lack of perspective that skews the experience.
    You would be surprised, but quite a lot of people are also tired of your and your cronies bullshit as well.

Oh, you did good? That's because your raid members are shit mouth breathers/undergeared/luck/whatever. Every fucking time someone posts something remotely positive you and your buddies swarm him with your bullshit.

YES WE GET IT, warlocks need improvements. Can you fucking let it go and let us enjoy what we managed to do in our raids/dungeons/bloody wqs or any other activity where we managed to perform well enough and enjoyed it?

Why you and your buddies must be so bloody obnoxious? Every time someone frikkin' posts ANYTHING good, it ends up with the same bloody "your team is bad" or "you are a filthy casual and don't know what you are talking about".

Seriously. I think you are getting a kick of spreading misery and shooting on other people's achievements however minor they may seem fr top of your imaginary Olympus.

Deleted
    You would be surprised, but quite a lot of people are also tired of your and your cronies bullshit as well.

Oh, you did good? That's because your raid members are shit mouth breathers/undergeared/luck/whatever. Every fucking time someone posts something remotely positive you and your buddies swarm him with your bullshit.

YES WE GET IT, warlocks need improvements. Can you fucking let it go and let us enjoy what we managed to do in our raids/dungeons/bloody wqs or any other activity where we managed to perform well enough and enjoyed it?

Why you and your buddies must be so bloody obnoxious? Every time someone frikkin' posts ANYTHING good, it ends up with the same bloody "your team is bad" or "you are a filthy casual and don't know what you are talking about".

Seriously. I think you are getting a kick of spreading misery and shooting on other people's achievements however minor they may seem fr top of your imaginary Olympus.
    Because Blizzard needs to see exactly how bad it is, and I don't want some anecdotes about warlocks doing fine to push them in the wrong direction. Just look at what the pre-patch hotfixes did to affliction PvP because of all the "Lol I'm topping meters all the time and I'm indestructible!".

You had fun / whatever - Sure, fine, good for you.

I topped meters so other warlocks must be doing it wrong / warlocks are fine - No, sod off, that is just plain wrong.

This so much. I'm having fun, I'm doing good dps in heroics, I'm not very well geared.
    Let us have at least one thread where we can be happy, without you guys coming in and smashing every little bit of positivism.
    I mean, the only reason I don't like warlock is because the obnoxious, in your face, negativity about everything.
    Take a step back and let us have at least one thread where we can say: "Hey, I like my warlock, I'm happy with my dps/rotation/etc.

Please go away!

Deleted
    I don't get people why they complain that much when someone tells something good about current state of warlocks

We all know that the lock need some improvements, with mobility for example but in my opinion destro and demo are fine not great not that bad just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard needs to see exactly how bad it is, and I don't want some anecdotes about warlocks doing fine to push them in the wrong direction. Just look at what the pre-patch hotfixes did to affliction PvP because of all the "Lol I'm topping meters all the time and I'm indestructible!".

You had fun / whatever - Sure, fine, good for you.

I topped meters so other warlocks must be doing it wrong / warlocks are fine - No, sod off, that is just plain wrong.
    They SEE IT. You don't have to bloody shit others for them to see it. They fucking told you they see it.

So stop with this bloody childish behavior and let people have little fun they do have without insulting them, their teammates or what they do.

And stop with this bloody idiocy of "bad teammates" this is both rude and not true in many cases. You don't even frikkin' know the people!

Stop. This. Shit.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-22 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geobram View Post
    This so much. I'm having fun, I'm doing good dps in heroics, I'm not very well geared.
    Let us have at least one thread where we can be happy, without you guys coming in and smashing every little bit of positivism.
    I mean, the only reason I don't like warlock is because the obnoxious, in your face, negativity about everything.
    Take a step back and let us have at least one thread where we can say: "Hey, I like my warlock, I'm happy with my dps/rotation/etc.

Please go away!
    It is not negativity when it is their current, objectively verifiable, state. Warlocks do not perform well, ever, compared to a multitude of other specs.

I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't usually completely anecdotal. "I like my warlock, the rotation is fun". You can't get anything useful from that. Why is the rotation fun? What engages you about warlocks? If they were at least decent posts in that regard, I wouldn't be as frustrated about them. To me, it reads like this:

"I'm completely clueless about the state of the game, but I managed to make it through a dungeon. I thought the class was fun, but I won't tell you why".

- - - Updated - - -

They SEE IT. You don't have to bloody shit others for them to see it. They fucking told you they see it.

So stop with this bloody childish behavior and let people have little fun they do have without insulting them, their teammates or what they do.

And stop with this bloody idiocy of "bad teammates" this is both rude and not true in many cases. You don't even frikkin' know the people!
    How can it not be true that their teammates are bad, when warlocks are very obviously underperforming? I swear it is like I'm not playing the same version of this game as some of you. I have topped meters as well quite a few times in dungeons, but that doesn't mean that I suddenly forgot that those melee classes in the group shouldn't be doing twice as much as they are doing. Inspecting them to see their gear is equal to mine, looking at recount to see the damage distribution, shows exactly why they are falling behind compared to what they should be doing.

locks arent great, but they're not the very bottom, more like closer to the mid of the pack (maybe a bit below mid) and nowhere near as bad as Frost mage, Frost DK, Subtlety and Ele (the 4 worst DPS from what i see)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    locks arent great, but they're not the very bottom, more like closer to the mid of the pack (maybe a bit below mid) and nowhere near as bad as Frost mage, Frost DK, Subtlety and Ele (the 4 worst DPS from what i see)
    All of those have other specs they can go to, to get ahead of warlocks though.

how about fire mage,unholy dk,ench shaman?can you compare them with destro aff or demo? you are comparing specs to class.not spec to spec or class to class.

It is not negativity when it is their current, objectively verifiable, state. Warlocks do not perform well, ever, compared to a multitude of other specs.

I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't usually completely anecdotal. "I like my warlock, the rotation is fun". You can't get anything useful from that. Why is the rotation fun? What engages you about warlocks? If they were at least decent posts in that regard, I wouldn't be as frustrated about them. To me, it reads like this:

"I'm completely clueless about the state of the game, but I managed to make it through a dungeon. I thought the class was fun, but I won't tell you why".
    You seem to like to say that you don't like the rotation and play that as a fact. I'm not saying anything about numbers, just that the rotation is a much more subjective issue. Numbers wise, yes it could and maybe should be higher for us. But saying that the rotation and the idea behind the warlock are objectively flawed is ridiculous.
    Objectively and literally, being negative about something, whether that is (or you find it to be) rightfully, is negativity.
    All i'm saying is that there are loads of threads about the problems that warlocks have. Go and complain there. leave this ONE thread where people can be happy. there is no reason to shit on this one too. I will not discuss your negativity further in this thread and will see it as off topic.

OT: I'm having fun in dungeons too, especially when the tank pulls only two mobs and I can start havoccing Haven't done much, but still.

Problem is any of those classes can switch to Fire, Unholy, Outlaw and Enha and do much more better than any of the lock specs. Warlocks don't have this option hence why people are complaining.

I know, but not everyone switches from a spec they like

Also, Rets cant switch either xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mage is very under-represented, but from personal experience, it's still better than Destruction in almost any situation outside of spread 2 target cleave.

It's also a lot more fun.

Deleted
    The differenc ebeing that mages, dk's, rogues and even shammys have at least one spec that are top

Warlocks don't, they have one mediocre spec and two awful ones. Now, if we had say destruction as really good but affliction and demo as poor, that's bad enough

Warlocks simpyl have no spec that will give them a chance to compete for top spot. Not one. Not even destruction. We have one mediocre spec and two that are rubbish, because they are held back either by rotten mechanics in the cas eof demo (ramp, requirement to be a turret on just one target and absolute perfection of execution is required) or simple lack of damage in affliction

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but not everyone switches from a spec they like

Also, Rets cant switch either xD
    At least they have the option. Also, paladins are a hybrid class, and if you joined it to do nothing but dps and find it's only spec is lacking then more fool you.

You should roll a clas slike paladin only if you're willing to switch rolls, and tanks/healers are always in much greater demand

Indeed, the raison d'etre for choosing something like paladin should be the ability to switch roles.

How dare you having fun OP?
    Not the point, OP seems to enjoy doing good DPS relative to his raid, which as most people have pointed out are probably doing rubbish DPS. Also not saying that people shouldn't have fun, but the situation would likely change if OP were to play with people that at least sort of know how to play. For all we know, based on how it was described, OP's raid could have been doing 100k DPS, which I don't think anyone needs to point out is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Not the point, OP seems to enjoy doing good DPS relative to his raid, which as most people have pointed out are probably doing rubbish DPS. Also not saying that people shouldn't have fun, but the situation would likely change if OP were to play with people that at least sort of know how to play. For all we know, based on how it was described, OP's raid could have been doing 100k DPS, which I don't think anyone needs to point out is garbage.
    I'd say it's a mix of the raid doing low dps and it being a normal clear. You can just ignore most if not all the mechanics in normal mode and just sit there turreting damage, which is good for any ranged spec, including warlock.
    Last edited by pkm; 2016-09-22 at 09:28 AM.