Deleted

Enh question [LOGS]

Hey guys, after the first night of Heroic Emerald Nightmare raiding we'v managed to clear out 2 bosses.
    I've been reviewing my logs and compare to top shaman players and I notice that my dmg source is way different than theirs.

For example we take Nythendra.

My logs:

Nr1 log:

I understand that I haven't got the top gear (845 ilvl) nor the best pots and enchant since im pretty much broke, so gear wise I understand the difference in DPS but its more like the rotations are different.

My question is you can see in the logs that my lava lash dmg is pretty high, where the other is low to almost none. What I usually do is keep my boulderfist buff up and make sure to use the 2 stacks. Keep Frostband up and use Stormstrike whenever off cd or when procced. Lava Lash as a filler. Should I use Frostband as a filler since it uses 20 maelstrom instead of 30 or stick with what im doing?

Sry for my english and bad sentences.

Hopefully someone has the same ''Issue'' and has a solution.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't post links to warcraftlogs, can a mod give me the right? if not the explanation is in the text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you checked their "Crash Lightning" damage on logs? From what I know it is a singletarget increase to use it when specced into "Crashing Storm" due to the artifact trait that increases your stormstrike damage when you hit targets with Crash Lightning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Have you checked their "Crash Lightning" damage on logs? From what I know it is a singletarget increase to use it when specced into "Crashing Storm" due to the artifact trait that increases your stormstrike damage when you hit targets with Crash Lightning
    Its sad I cant link the logs, but their crash lightning dmg is 3.11m where mine is 0. So Should i use this off cd at all times. It indeed gives 6% dmg increase on each target hit by crash lightning.

Dang I only used crash lightning in aoe fights... Maybe I should just keep it up at all times. Thx for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Many guides thinks it is worth using singletarget because of the stormstrike increase and the aoe field it applies. I use it on CD whenever I'm above 80 maelstrom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Many guides thinks it is worth using singletarget because of the stormstrike increase and the aoe field it applies. I use it on CD whenever I'm above 80 maelstrom
    Thank you for this, how about your lava lash? you use it at all or as fill or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when I'm about to cap on maelstrom and crash lightning and stormstrike is on CD, then I use lava lash

Deleted
    Thanks a lot I'll be trying that and see where it gets me

Deleted
    So, I follow the general guide on Icy Veins (well, mostly), which you can find here: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/enhance...-pve-dps-guide. It goes into good detail on talents, rotations and WHY - which is pretty important if you want to master your class.

If you are specced into Crashing Storms, the damage from Crash Lightning and the damage over time is better than the damage you get from Lava Lash, when you compare Maelstrom Spent. Lava Lash might hit harder than Crash Lightning, but the damage per maelstrom spent is higher on CL (if talented), even if it's just a single target fight. This is assuming the mob stays in the CL zone for the duration, of course.

Deleted
    Thanks for this, I will be working on this and keep this topic updated