Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Some police officers think World of Warcraft is a "violent" video game

http://www.dailytoreador.com/opinion...08e49d83e.html

They think World of Warcraft will teach someone to kill lol!

Are these stupid old people going to label football players and cheerleaders who play video games as potential killers?

I blame idiots like these!

Many police departments invite people like Grossman and Chalmers to speak to them.
    http://sheriffs.stage.bwm.com/sites/...Apr%202014.pdf

http://hithertokt.tumblr.com/post/10...-phil-chalmers

http://humarashid.com/2011/10/04/phi...ive-ever-read/

Is bad enough that police are prejudiced against African Americans? Do we really need police that are prejudiced against video games?
    Last edited by CmdrShep2154; 2016-09-22 at 11:51 PM.

I was wondering how you were gonna incorporate cheerleaders into this. I was not disappointed.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

They all look like Trump supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look like they eat paint chips regularly, that is for sure

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I was wondering how you were gonna incorporate cheerleaders into this. I was not disappointed.
    For realz I am come across cheerleaders who played video games. Some even loved games like "Mass Effect" and "The Legend of Zelda".

And I even met football players and MMA fans who have played games like Mass Effect and Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    For realz I am come across cheerleaders who played video games. Some even loved games like "Mass Effect" and "The Legend of Zelda".

And I even met football players and MMA fans who have played games like Mass Effect and Skyrim.
    are they fat cheerleaders? Did they let themselves go after highschool?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    are they fat cheerleaders? Did they let themselves go after highschool?
    Still hot!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They all look like Trump supporters.
    Phil Chalmers does support Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will flip there shit when they find you become can become an arcane meth dealer in Suramar.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pokemon encourages animal abuse.

Paperboy encourages postal worker abuse.

Pac-Man encourages abuse of supernatural beings.

And so on...

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post

Dude you seriously have issues.

Whatever world of teen movie clichés and stereotypes you think you live in isn't the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit we fell back to the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So now these cops are blaming all the shootings they do on WoW? Maybe they should focus more on doing their job and less on raiding...
    My understanding is that they're profiling on who to shoot.

According to the article, if you play World of Warcraft (specifically listed as an example of a violent video game) that's a sign you're more likely to use violence against others- including police officers.

Therefor the police need to be more cautious when approaching you, as you may be a threat.

I suppose you could reinterpret that as "blame", because the majority of their justified shootings have several things in common: The suspect plays violent video games such as World of Warcraft, believes God exists, and drinks water.

Deleted
    it is pretty violent, earlier i kicked a tiger to death, then i cut its skin off and mad a hat from it which i now parade around one of the major cities

10+ Year Old Account
    My grandma still thinks the AD&D book she bought me 25 years ago will turn me into a Devil Worshiper.

It is common for someone to react this way to the unknown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Oh shit we fell back to the 1990s.
    Time to go kill some dragons in my totally realistic murder simulator!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So now these cops are blaming all the shootings they do on WoW? Maybe they should focus more on doing their job and less on raiding...
    No, 'cops' are not blaming video games. I know quite a few cops who are gamers (in fact, most of them play at least one Blizzard game). This is just a few assholes who haven't caught up with the times. People like you and OP should stop painting shit with such broad strokes.

Deleted
    Yeah, if shooting someone was as easy as clicking on a guy and pressing ''1'', sure, it teaches us how to murder people ...with magic

10+ Year Old Account
    Shepard.....

OT: lots of people think video games cause violence for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I know why kids at schools are so mean to each other... It is because they watch violent Tom & Jerry cartoons!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Well Anders Breivik, the Norwegian mass-murderer, who killed 77 people was right into World of Warcraft

http://kotaku.com/5903501/the-life-o...ld-of-warcraft

World of Warcraft was a "hobby," but it also amounted to Breivik's virtual life. His alter ego. It affected more than just his victims. And you can find its remnants all over the web. Andersnordic, was one of Breivik's first World of Warcraft characters.
    He was a level 77 mage with the Justicar title, an accomplishment that takes quite a lot of time (and quite a lot of player-killing) to acquire.