Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Theory: The Light's Heart is Kil'jaedan the Deceiver

I'm just going to list what we know about the Light's Heart and surrounding information.

1. The Light's Heart was launched from the felstorm surrounding the Tomb of Sargeras.

2. The Legion paid it no heed. We were told it cut a swath through the storm and escaped, but the Legion made no attempt to fortify where it landed or really do anything to stop us from grabbing it.

3. The Light's Heart came with a message for Khadgar from Turalyon claiming the Titans are dead and that there's a huge war on Argus that we're currently losing. He also said we should go seek out Velen and we accept. (I'll get to Illidan in a bit)

4. When we arrive at the Exodar, an assault Kil'jaedan himself planned had just begun - the timing of this is too perfect imo. The result is Velen stating the light is dead and the Draenei are going home... to Argus... homeworld of the Legion. Most likely where KJ is hanging out, hunting down Velen.

5. Illidan. KJ has a personal interest in Illidan, but Illidan is dead. Even if he were to return alone, what's to say people on Azeroth wouldn't end up killing him again? What the Light's Heart tells us about Illidan means collectively Azeroth needs to restore him in order to stand a chance. He'd be ripe for the picking if it is KJ after all. He's probably laughing his ass off watching us run around learn about Illidan while he's getting dressed.

6. KJ has been popping up here and there. Especially in the Demon Hunter class campaign where he wants all DHs to lay down their weapons and become felsworn, to join the Legion.

The dots are all lining up imo. I don't particularly like the idea of Illidan becoming the super anime super hero and tbh I think the Light's Heart being a sham would be a much more compelling story.

Also... you know...

Kil'jaedan, the Deceiver.
    Last edited by Nalorakk; 2016-09-23 at 04:50 AM.

Deleted
    I certainly like this more than the "Illidan is the Chosen Champion of the Light" Idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything is preferable to Illidan "Golden Child of Destiny", so this is pretty good. I have to wonder though, why? It's the single biggest Legion invasion ever so why do all sorts of subtle stuff when the time for that has kind of already passed and didn't work anyway? Not saying it couldn't be true, just curious as the to end game.

That's way too complex for Blizzards story telling department these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Anything is preferable to Illidan "Golden Child of Destiny", so this is pretty good. I have to wonder though, why? It's the single biggest Legion invasion ever so why do all sorts of subtle stuff when the time for that has kind of already passed and didn't work anyway? Not saying it couldn't be true, just curious as the to end game.
    People are more accepting of hope in times of desperation? The alliance could be fooled more easily now that they are desperately fighting the legion, hearing the voice of an old hero would be a sound for sore ears, they take his word and work with it, unwittingly carrying out kiljaedins plans.

My personal theory is that its tyrael and that we need to find eldruin before he can remember anything before we take the war to the high heavens

7+ Year Old Account
    Could be. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I can't wait till you're proven wrong. Then you can eat your ridicules "theory"
    World First Salty title
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

How would it know and show us Illidans life story if it was Kil'jaedan. And why wouldn't its child mention anything about it before it was killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I can't wait till you're proven wrong. Then you can eat your ridicules "theory"
    Actually, this is a really solid theory, unlike the "Jaina is a dreadlord" thing people keep shouting out, or the idea that Khadgar is really Medivh.

It would be far more interesting if the OP was right, and there's definitely reason to think it could be true.

Considering Turalyon sent the holy dreadlord and the army of the light to save the priest class hall during the campaign it seems like Xe'ra checks out, unfortunately.

Also, it seems that Turalyon doesn't quite understand the terms "Final Plea" and "Ultimate Sacrifice."

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I'm just going to list what we know about the Light's Heart and surrounding information.

1. The Light's Heart was launched from the felstorm surrounding the Tomb of Sargeras.

2. The Legion paid it no heed. We were told it cut a swath through the storm and escaped, but the Legion made no attempt to fortify where it landed or really do anything to stop us from grabbing it.

3. The Light's Heart came with a message for Khadgar from Turalyon claiming the Titans are dead and that there's a huge war on Argus that we're currently losing. He also said we should go seek out Velen and we accept. (I'll get to Illidan in a bit)

4. When we arrive at the Exodar, an assault Kil'jaedan himself planned had just begun - the timing of this is too perfect imo. The result is Velen stating the light is dead and the Draenei are going home... to Argus... homeworld of the Legion. Most likely where KJ is hanging out, hunting down Velen.

5. Illidan. KJ has a personal interest in Illidan, but Illidan is dead. Even if he were to return alone, what's to say people on Azeroth wouldn't end up killing him again? What the Light's Heart tells us about Illidan means collectively Azeroth needs to restore him in order to stand a chance. He'd be ripe for the picking if it is KJ after all. He's probably laughing his ass off watching us run around learn about Illidan while he's getting dressed.

6. KJ has been popping up here and there. Especially in the Demon Hunter class campaign where he wants all DHs to lay down their weapons and become felsworn, to join the Legion.

The dots are all lining up imo. I don't particularly like the idea of Illidan becoming the super anime super hero and tbh I think the Light's Heart being a sham would be a much more compelling story.

Also... you know...

Why would he tell us to go to the Exodar and help defend it,while he could single handedly deal with Velen (and keep in mind,that he's ready to burn hundreds of worlds only to deal with him).Without our help,Exodar would eventually fall to the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    tyrael

Formerly known as Arafal

While the other points (except 4) are probably possible (or at least, I don't see anything 100% contradicts them yet), this doesn't make much sense. The Legion got their hand on Illidan - both body and soul - when Gul'dan stole it. Gul'dan had to carry out a specific ceremony to split Illidan's body & soul at Black Rook Hold. Why would KJ want us to restore Illidan while the Legion was the one separating Illidan's body & soul at first place? Doing it "for the lulz" sound pretty forced.

Also, there would still be the big question of - if the Light Heart's was KJ's creation, how come the non-corrupted Tears of Elune reacted positively with it and was able to unlock it?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account

Also... you know...

Velen TOLD you what Light's Heart was... Did you not pay attention during your trip to Exodar with it?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why is everything a dreadlord etc. these days?

Deleted
    Ehm isn't Illidan alive? I can't remember exactly but I'm 100% confident during the DH campaign I retreived a legion communicator and contacted him. It's the part where he makes the player leader of the illidari and he's in the middle of the fight during the "phonecall".

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Why would he tell us to go to the Exodar and help defend it,while he could single handedly deal with Velen (and keep in mind,that he's ready to burn hundreds of worlds only to deal with him).Without our help,Exodar would eventually fall to the Legion.
    Because he wants to lure Velen back to Argus so he can kill him, perhaps even personally?

There is no telling whether or not such a small force would be able to actually deal with Velen, maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't.

When you're holding onto a vendetta for 14,000 years chances are you don't want to take risks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    Ehm isn't Illidan alive? I can't remember exactly but I'm 100% confident during the DH campaign I retreived a legion communicator and contacted him. It's the part where he makes the player leader of the illidari and he's in the middle of the fight during the "phonecall".
    We contacted his soul which is lost in the twisting nether somewhere.

The fact that it came through the portal doesn't really mean much, because the explanation works both ways. Considering what the Army of Light is doing, the best way for them to get to us is the same way the demons are. The Titan thing might be cause for suspicion in-universe, but the Chronicle proves that it's canon (there's no unreliable narrator there). Qualia covers another good point.

Also, for the Illidan chosen one thing, I really think everyone is blowing that out of proportion. He isn't destined because he's magically important. He's important because he has trained the specific skills and made the specific moves that are necessary to win. If someone else had been willing to dabble in the fel the way he did and grab the artifacts he did, they could be the one who's important. The wording lays it on a bit thick, I'll admit, but it would make sense even if they didn't say that.

I'll admit, there's definitely a reason to question this, and I would be surprised if Kil'jaeden isn't doing something deceptive, but I don't think this is it.

I'm still more suspicious of the Pillars of Creation, and the whispers in the Nightmare seem to agree. The only reason we're going after the Pillars of Creation is because of the words of one person who's been out of commission, who is trusting another person that we haven't seen. And when we asked the only other person who knew about the Pillars, they said that they're super dangerous.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-09-23 at 07:20 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Also, for the Illidan chosen one thing, I really think everyone is blowing that out of proportion. He isn't destined because he's magically important. He's important because he has trained the specific skills and made the specific moves that are necessary to win. If someone else had been willing to dabble in the fel the way he did and grab the artifacts he did, they could be the one who's important. The wording lays it on a bit thick, I'll admit, but it would make sense even if they didn't say that.
    Right. "Boss Na'aru" pretty much names him the chosen one / champion of the light and we're blowing it out or proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    World First Salty title
    Put a NSFW disclaimer before shit like this .. I laughed hard in the middle of the office

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I'm still more suspicious of the Pillars of Creation, and the whispers in the Nightmare seem to agree. The only reason we're going after the Pillars of Creation is because of the words of one person who's been out of commission, who is trusting another person that we haven't seen. And when we asked the only other person who knew about the Pillars, they said that they're super dangerous.
    I declare you the master of the pronoun game!