Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    Don't be nice in a group either. The other day, ran a random hc. Completely overgearing it, of course. Some plate legs dropped and I didn't need them. Inspected the other dk and saw it's an upgrade for him, so I traded it. What do I read next? [thatdk] receives item: leylight shard
    Ask if anyone needs what you don't want. If then they DE your item (greedy fucker) then just dont trade him anything for the rest of the run...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    2. Be friendly, don't afk without telling anybody and behave.
    Fixed this for you. Beeing a few minutes afk for real life reasons is absolutely ok.

Deleted
    If they said you dont need it, it might not be your BiS however IF it is your bis say so and they wont do shit, if its shit its shit keep in mind Stats > Ilvl dont be a fucking pleb running around in 850 gear with just random gear cause ilvl matters. my sham is 841 ilvl and im out dpsing people above 850 cause stats > ilvl and one other thing Saying a new loot addon is cancer basically says your toxic yourself, so goodjob

Comparing anything in the game to cancer is a sign of lack of experience in real life.
    If you have watched your father die after months of agony, crying or screaming in pain as cancer ate him alive you would not refer to a minor upset in a game as cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    The Addon is just an addon that assists people, the people demanding your loot and kicking you are the issue at hand.
    Some day, I hope, in the distant future, no one will confuse tools with the people who use them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Complete strangers' MS before your own specs with PERSONAL loot ?
    Wtf ?!
    Your loot, your choices. Other people don't have to decide for you how to habdle the items you won in the game.
    That's completely absurd.

And it has nothing to do with being nice or not in the group. You always can nicely decline trades because of actual features of the game (offspec, disanchant, ...)
    You trade an item you're unlikely to use = chance increases that they'll return the favor.

Be a good person doesn't mean handing over upgrades.
    However if you join a group in the groupfinder and they are 3 ppl from the same guild- chances are they are better than standard pugs. If you're friendly you can ask if they want to be friendslist for future runs. Congratulations you now have a half guild group to run Mythic + with. Ofc this doesn't happen in every run, or once every 5 runs. But if you're friendly, fair, generous and so on the chances that you get a decent list of people to play with increases.

That's how people got into guilds back in the days. Behave in pugs -> become friends with them -> they think you're fun to hang around with -> they want to play more with you -> BAM you're in a guild with active players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Fixed this for you. Beeing a few minutes afk for real life reasons is absolutely ok.
    Agreed, but dont go AFK a lot or right after you joined. It's rude as F.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2016-09-23 at 10:57 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The addon isn't "cancer", what's "cancer" is greedy people that can't be bothered to share loot or would rather vendor it for 35g than give it to someone else, even if that guy is a random dude. Do you really need that one item for your shitty offspec that probably has zero AP invested into it and no relics above 800 ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    The addon isn't "cancer", what's "cancer" is greedy people that can't be bothered to share loot or would rather vendor it for 35g than give it to someone else, even if that guy is a random dude. Do you really need that one item for your shitty offspec that probably has zero AP invested into it and no relics above 800 ilvl?
    What?? Just because people need stuff for the off spec they are the greedy people? not the ones demanding the loot from them and if they dont get it they get kicked from the group?

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Comparing anything in the game to cancer is a sign of lack of experience in real life.
    If you have watched your father die after months of agony, crying or screaming in pain as cancer ate him alive you would not refer to a minor upset in a game as cancer.
    Hi, you must be new here (to earth, and humanity, and the internet especially).

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    The problem is (as I understand it) : the add-on doesn't tell you if your loot would fit to another party member.
    It tells the others that you don't seem to need your loot.

The add-on doesn't encourage you on sharing and giving (and having, and receiving #Friends), it encourages others on begging and spying on the group loots for any opportunities of asking a trade.

Really not the same set of mind, indeed.
    This is not true. Having used the addon for dozens of runs, it actually creates positive vibes in the group. I've seen dozens of times where people trade loot as a result of the addon's recommendations, and the receiver is usually very grateful in chat. This is far better interaction than the usual silence that you see in dungeon PUG runs!

I'm sorry the OP had a bad experience, but at least on the US realms in late night or early morning runs, I have never seen a toxic reaction to the addon's recommendations, and in fact I've seen many many times where the addon has encouraged positive interaction between group members.

Deleted
    Yes, I need that one item for my shitty Off-Spec. Maybe this one item is the only reason I'm tanking this whole dungeon for a bunch of random greedy dipshits I don't care about, which barely do as much DPS in their not shitty Main-Spec as I do as a tank. And yet those clusterfucks demand something from me? Tell me who's the cancer here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Ask if anyone needs what you don't want. If then they DE your item (greedy fucker) then just dont trade him anything for the rest of the run...
    It was a heroic dungeon (EoA) and this happened before the last boss. There is just no way to punish people. I will probably never see him or her ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Yes, I need that one item for my shitty Off-Spec. Maybe this one item is the only reason I'm tanking this whole dungeon for a bunch of random greedy dipshits I don't care about, which barely do as much DPS in their not shitty Main-Spec as I do as a tank. And yet those clusterfucks demand something from me? Tell me who's the cancer here.
    In that case, let people know that this is the sole reason you are doing this. I'm just tired of people, especially druids, hoarding all kind of gear for every single spec because they *might* use it sometime during 2017. Why not help a bro out who will use it from the second it's equiped?

That's odd, I always thought that abnormal unregulated cell division = cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If i pug and see something drop for my offspec, i just leave it in the boss. and pick it up out of the mail after the dungeon. Just in case of dramatic party.

Deleted
    In that case, let people know that this is the sole reason you are doing this. I'm just tired of people, especially druids, hoarding all kind of gear for every single spec because they *might* use it sometime during 2017. Why not help a bro out who will use it from the second it's equiped?
    Yeah, of course I will communicate with a bunch of people who aren't even social enough to type the two magic letters at the beginning of a dungeon. The first one would be a H, the second one, obviously, an I.

The real question is, why do you care what some druid hoards? You wouldn't have gotten that item anyways in the way how PL works, so I don't see how you would have any right to demand it.

Deleted
    Do you really need that one item for your shitty offspec that probably has zero AP invested into it and no relics above 800 ilvl?
    What you need to realize is that you are not entitled to someone else's loot. If they want to give it away, that's nice - and if they want to use it for their "shitty" offspec, that is perfectly fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    Don't be nice in a group either. The other day, ran a random hc. Completely overgearing it, of course. Some plate legs dropped and I didn't need them. Inspected the other dk and saw it's an upgrade for him, so I traded it. What do I read next? [thatdk] receives item: leylight shard
    Did you inspect him after the DE to see if he swapped the item? I've gotten 850s that are worse itemized than 830s... you may be jumping to bad conclusions.

Hahahaha, this is hilarious. The "cancer" here is random groups. Unless there is no way you can interact with anyone in LFD there will always be drama over nothing. This is exactly why Blizzard should be supporting friends who play together and social interaction between players who then create communities/guilds instead of supporting players who don't even want to play with others and put them into groups.
    This all started with LFD and then came LFR with all the loot drama which resulted in personal loot. Better make those items soulbound and force disabling chat in LFD and LFR to avoid drama eventhough it finally gets people to interact with eachother again.

Deleted
    Most sensefull post in this whole freaking thread.