Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

4th spec more likely than new classes in future?

Currently reading Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde book and it references him as a shadow hunter several times. It got me thinking what class or spec that would be in game? I always thought he was a shaman but hey ho I don't know THAT much about lore so honest mistake.

So then I was thinking a 4th spec for rogue or hunter maybe?

Druids have 4 specs as an exception already.

Many suggestions for new classes overlap current classes, for example Necromancer and warlock/DK.

So is 4th specs a possibility I wonder?

Could make up lots just off the top, ranged holy priest DPS, shaman tank, gladiator warrior, warlock ranged tank etc etc.

What say you?

I hope so, and I hope to fuck there's more healers and tanks, and definitely no more melee. Making SV a melee on top of adding a new melee class was just stupid. :/

Deleted
    Make my warlock a tank pl0x

A Shadow Hunter is a Shaman.

WC3 Hero Class. Spitting Wards, Hexes, Chain Heal. All it's abilities were absorbed into the Shaman class.

The problem with a 4th spec for every class is that you basically have to do the work of balancing 3 new classes worth of talent specs.

Deleted
    Warlock tank and shaman tank when?
    There is NO cloth or mail tanks.

Deleted
    It would dilute each spec, take longer to developers (because that's 12 specs more, that's like 4-6 classes). No, impossibru. They already stated when presenting the Demon Hunters that they went appart of the 3-spec because it's not as mandatory as some think, and they thought some old classes could do well with only 2 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    A Shadow Hunter is a Shaman.

WC3 Hero Class. Spitting Wards, Hexes, Chain Heal. All it's abilities were absorbed into the Shaman class.

The problem with a 4th spec for every class is that you basically have to do the work of balancing 3 new classes worth of talent specs.
    Not necessary to release all of the specs at once. Sure, people would whine, but people always whine with no exceptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It would have to make sense. Do hunters, rogues, mages, warlocks need another dps specc?
    Alternatively, the classes that don't make sense with a fourth spec just don't get a fourth spec. Sure, people would whine, but people always whine with no exceptions.

It would have to make sense. Do hunters, rogues, mages, warlocks need another dps specc?

That doesn't mean we see more. Last two classes introduced (monk and dh) added another healing and 2 new tank speccs. And tanks and healers still have insta queues, so people are still chosing mainly the "easy" way of being not responible, but wait longer in a queue
    Not so fussed about queues, but I just like playing Tank/Healers for dungeons, hate the fact that pretty much every class now has a 1.5sec GCD now. We need more ranged classes though, there wouldn't be so much of an issue with everyone being melee if there were more/new ranged classes though.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-09-23 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not so fussed about queues, but I just like playing Tank/Healers for dungeons, hate the fact that pretty much every class now has a 1.5sec GCD now. We need more ranged classes though, there wouldn't be so much of an issue with everyone being melee if there were more/new ranged classes though.
    When was there ever fewer classes with a long GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    When was there ever fewer classes with a long GCD?
    They changed Death Knights and Hunters from 1sec GCD to 1.5sec GCD with Legion, along with Mistweaver Monks. So, for me now, I can "only" play Rogue or WW/BrM now. I wish they would go the opposite route and make all non-casters 1sec GCD instead. It's too slow personally. I got a DH to 110 and did a few mythics, I just feel like I'm sat waiting around doing nothing, and that's on a class with a resource-gaining ability without a CD, aka no downtime, GCD locked.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-09-23 at 12:34 PM.

It would be cool for sure. Especially if the new specs allowed classes to fill new roles. It's probably a lot easier for Blizzard to just add a new class with 2-3 specs instead of adding a spec to every single class.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    They changed Death Knights and Hunters from 1sec GCD to 1.5sec GCD with Legion, along with Mistweaver Monks. So, for me now, I can "only" play Rogue or WW/BrM now. I wish they would go the opposite route and make all non-casters 1sec GCD instead. It's too slow personally.
    Didn't know DKs had 1 sec ever, and are all Hunters 1.5 sec now?

Deleted
    I would support this! Healer specs for mage and hunter, tank specs for rogue and warlock please!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Warlock tank and shaman tank when?
    There is NO cloth or mail tanks.
    I said it's easy to come up with ideas. I tanked one of the twin emperors in AQ40 with my warlock spamming searing pain. They COULD invent new ideas like a shaman using earth shields and self healing etc... the spells would be very easy to invent.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Didn't know DKs had 1 sec ever, and are all Hunters 1.5 sec now?
    Yeah, they have been since Cata iirc, when Unholy Presence became the way to go, then they made it baseline with MoP (iirc, again). And yeah, all Hunter specs are now 1.5s as of Legion, been 1s since the introduction of Focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I would support this! Healer specs for mage and hunter, tank specs for rogue and warlock please!
    I'd be happy with that.

Deleted
    Would be cool but...have you seen the new Demon Hunter class?

Only 2 specs

Would be strange if they changed philosophy after making a new class with only 2 specs to 4 specs to all classes.

would be nice if they added a pure dps class ... kinda lame if everyone can either tank or heal

Deleted
    Of course not, but they could use a heal or tank spec, so every class could have a group utility spec.

Warrriors could get their gladiator spec back, priests another dps spec or even a cloth tank spec (holy armour transformation or something), shamans could get a tank spec, monks a range DPS spec (zen archery), etc.

Deleted
    Evasion tank rogue has been suggested also for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    would be nice if they added a pure dps class ... kinda lame if everyone can either tank or heal
    Not everyone can, more pure classes would be terrible for queues though.