Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Honestly I'm starting to be worried when there hasn't be any signs of Megas in S&M promos. Reducing Megas into gen 6 gimmick would be surefire way to ruin the so promising looking games.
    Yeah, it would be terrible.

Deleted
    I feel like we don't need a ton of new mega-evolutions anyway, given that there'll be a lot more new pokemon compared to XY (and new forms as well). Maybe they will keep them for gen 7.1? Still hoping for Rapidash mega with aerilate or something, but apart from that I don't really care if they add more or not.

It all makes sense now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Could be a Boss Battle.
    I was hoping for something not like the Totem boss battles, but more along the lines of an Aether sub-boss/first boss encounter. Oranguru would be a lab assistant, who has his own captured pokémon that he battles you with (maybe a double battle so his Instruct ability can be taken advantage of). He then either joins the fight after his party has been beaten, or maybe he just gives up, believing himself to be above battles unlike the other less intelligent pokémon.
    Last edited by Arachnophobia; 2016-09-21 at 02:59 PM.

I would miss megas because I like using them competitively, they gave new life to older mons. Not just my boy Sceptile neither, I loved using Mega Manectric on my Volcarona team and Mega Gyarados on some older teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lycanroc looks much better now in both forms, now that we see them in 3d. While I didn't really take a shining to Red compared to Sunruff, I gotta say Red looks a LOT better in motion compared to it's concept art where it just looks like an edgy, angsty werewolf who hates society. I'm even thinking of using Red in Moon (I was already going to use Sunruff in Sun because non-biped canine that is a wolf).

Which brings me to my next point; I hope they make grinding bearable so you can rotate a team to some extent, or let you get a Lucky Egg/Exp Share (normal, held item pls) at an early-ish point. BW made it easy with access to Audino's almost everywhere.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2016-09-21 at 04:39 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I would miss megas because I like using them competitively, they gave new life to older mons. Not just my boy Sceptile neither, I loved using Mega Manectric on my Volcarona team and Mega Gyarados on some older teams.
    Ah yeah removing them would suck indeed. Mega Sableye would be missed!

Deleted
    This is why i wanted some of them to be an normal evolution, aka my Precious Mawile :<

Turns out Megas are back, as 2 images have surfaced from a magazine regarding Jangmo-o

Apparently, it talks about it's soundproof ability and how it can block Hyper Voice from both Sylveon AND Mega Gardevoir

There was never any chance of megas getting removed. The worst thing that can happen is not getting any new megas.

- - - Updated - - -

Simply unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Metapod in the corner is just letting loose.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

From what we know so far... seems like Mega-Rayquaza will be the only mon that will be able to use a Z-move while mega-evolved!

You thought Mega-Rayquaza was broken before...

mega may not be gone but... I fear we won't get new ones. I hope not because I really want new ones but.. it's weird.

Also I don't see any reasons to remove them. They were a nice addition imo... although I would have liked if they were given to unpopular mons rather than things like salamence.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    mega may not be gone but... I fear we won't get new ones. I hope not because I really want new ones but.. it's weird.

Also I don't see any reasons to remove them. They were a nice addition imo... although I would have liked if they were given to unpopular mons rather than things like salamence.
    I mean, they removed Elemental Gems from gen 5 to gen 6, so I was worried.

I mean, they removed Elemental Gems from gen 5 to gen 6, so I was worried.
    Didn't we get the normal gem ? With Diancie ?

Also, one could argue that they didn't bring them back in gen 6 because they were working on the Z Stones which are basically gem stones 2.0

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I actually like mega Salamence just because its shiny colors are miles ahead of regular Salamence shiny colors.
    Also he was my first perfect 31/31/31/31/31/31 shiny hatch ever, which was awesome because he was intended to be a mixed sweeper so could make use of all 6 IV's.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    I actually like mega Salamence just because its shiny colors are miles ahead of regular Salamence shiny colors.
    Also he was my first perfect 31/31/31/31/31/31 shiny hatch ever, which was awesome because he was intended to be a mixed sweeper so could make use of all 6 IV's.
    obv I like things like Mega Gardevoir aswell but I mean mega are a good way to bring to the spotlight some unused pkm like mawile, kang etc...

Salamence was already pretty popular

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    I think they wanted to do a bit of both: pump up stats from popular pokemon that aren't super viable (Charizard for example), and make less popular pokemon more popular (Manectric for example). With that in mind the power creep was quite strong and Salamence (non-mega) isn't even in OU by usage anymore so he would fall in the former category. Also gen 3 remake so it makes sense to have a bunch of gen 3 megas.

Gardevoir, Mawile, etc. are cool but I feel like Kangaskhan was just a huge error. Went from NU to Uber with his mega-evolution and is quite broken without even looking very different so I don't see the appeal in her mega-evolution.

Smogon will have so much trouble laying out the tiers in 7th gen. Z-moves, exclusive Z-moves, new megas (?), Ultra Beasts (?), the new mons and the combination of all these things together...

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Smogon will have so much trouble laying out the tiers in 7th gen. Z-moves, exclusive Z-moves, new megas (?), Ultra Beasts (?), the new mons and the combination of all these things together...
    I'd like to think that GF is doing all of that to fuck with Smogon and similar mindsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'd like to think that GF is doing all of that to fuck with Smogon and similar mindsets.
    I am not completely against it to be honest.