RESTO - Mythic+ comps, talents and thoughts

I was planning to start running some Mythic+ dungeons this weekend. Currently sitting at 843 ilvl with some stat only trinkets. I was curious to see the preferable talent setup for mythic+ as well as what group comps you all found successful and preferred to heal. Obviously it is dependent on player ability, but did you have more melee, ranged, etc. I imagine warrior tanks are still preferred due to the insane healing, but any insight there would be great as well.

My current thoughts on talents are:
    Cenarion Ward
    Displacer Beast
    Guardian Affinity
    Mighty Bash
    Soul of the Forest
    Germination
    Flourish

Any input besides, learn 2 play would be appreciated. If you have recommendation of what mythic+ might be easier than others that would be great too!

my current opinions are completely by dungeon and affixes: some will mean more aoe dmg, others will mean more tank dmg, but I think those are a good default set of talents other than that I'd probably default to tree over sotf, and I have a preference for the typhoon vortex combo over mighty bash from doing a LOT of cm's in previous xpacs (although it could freak out your melee if they've never seen it before)

for instance the pelters and scorpions in Nelth's lair might encourage you to take more constant aoe healing talents like flourish, sotf, and prosperity, however the archer pulls and bat/fel guard gauntlet in black rook (pain in the ass with bolster on NA right now) might encourage taking tree of life and cenarion ward for more tank healing bonus (although prosperity might just be better for the extra instant nuke heal instead of more mastery bonuses

also the aoe damage isn't so bad you'll really want guardian affinity from what I've seen healing in there, just take feral or balance depending on how much melee time you'll get by boss until maybe really high ranks or tyrannical where you might have to actually heal on bosses (also remember to sunfire if you have time/mana on trash regardless of subspec, it does really insane damage for 1 gcd)

that said though, they're surprisingly easy until 2+ affixes, even with bolstering forcing you to really cut down on your damage to kill stuff faster (you often have to use only st on big mobs surrounded by small ones or try and split damage really well on even health mobs, you'll probably get through to the chest cap for next week (4 or 5 I think) pretty easy and will be able to go further if you wish

it doesn't seem to be considered a 'meta' choice (and I've only run up to +5 so far), but I really like ToL vs. sotf. It helps preserve mana on big aoe pulls, and in general you need cooldowns in mythics more than you need sustained throughput from sotf>WG.

I haven't found that I have enough free time to really dps much, so I've been sticking to guardian affinity and just spamming wrath when I don't have anything to heal. Feral is a much better dps choice though, if you have time to use it.

Why are people preferring Cenarion Ward over Prosperity? (I'm pretty new to RDruid) Just because you get another HoT for your Mastery?

Swiftmend only heals for ~ 10% less but has a lower CD and gives you the SotF buff and Cenarion Ward just a quite good HoT with a 30sec CD. Can somebody explain to me why Cenarion Ward should be better?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-23 at 07:30 PM.

I did a couple +2's and didn't have any problems. I was 846 and have those talents, except for Germination. I chose spring blossoms, since I'm more comfortable with it. The only time I chose Germination in a mythic, I felt like I had a lot of mana issues, and didn't really enjoy it as much.

With spring blossoms, there are occasional times in the fight where I can DPS without too much worry. But that was just me

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are people preferring Cenarion Ward over Prosperity? (I'm pretty new to RDruid) Just because you get another HoT for your Mastery?

Swiftmend only heals for ~ 10% less but has a lower CD and gives you the SotF buff and Cenarion Ward just a quite good HoT with a 30sec CD. Can somebody explain to me why Cenarion Ward should be better?
    The CW > Flourish (add in essence as well if really need it) combo is ridiculously strong and heals for 1.5-2M over 16 seconds. CW can also be cast in kitty form while kitty weaving dps.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    The CW > Flourish (add in essence as well if really need it) combo is ridiculously strong and heals for 1.5-2M over 16 seconds. CW can also be cast in kitty form while kitty weaving dps.
    Swiftmend > RG is about 1.5-2M in 2 global cooldowns and prosperity lets you do that a lot more often. Better to use flourish on SotF WG's imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

CW is good as a tanking CD, and I think its a must if you wanna run mythic+7 etc. The higher you get the higher dmg the tank is getting on trash pulls and you cant rly cc since you want to cleave. So you throw CW, then iron after CW to give your tank a breather followed by your groups stuns etc helps a lot to preserve your mana.

Prosperity on teh other hand is useful on more aoe heavy fights I'd say although you won't find a fight on higher levels of mythic+ that your tank isn't gonna get heavy dmg.

I run CW with SoTF, I know some people might cry about it over tree, although I don't rly like tree and I can use my 1 swiftment with WG to fill up my grp then next WG with staff then rotate around it.

I think unless you go towards higher levels of mythic+ then you shouldn't care massively about talents, and do whatever fits you better. Up to mythic+4 you should be fine, then depending on your gear etc (e.g my grp is already sitting at 860+ so even mythic+6 I'd say is not massively hard atm for us.)