Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well i am at 843ilvl only from world quests (pve , pvp) and a couple order hall items, i have done only 4 HC instances which gave me 0 lewt . So yeah you can pretty much get geared without doing anything other than login for a couple hours and get your world q done (note that world q items arent BiS ;p ) .

Its easy to get high ilvl, still hard to get prioritized stats and high ilvl.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Again did you play last epansion? Normal is basically the old flex and was easy. But not easy for all but easy for heroic or mythic teams as it should be. You do know you can do heroic or mythic if normal that easy right? You do know normal isn't the only difficulty right? So why are you whining again?
    Yes I played last xpac, however I disagree with you saying that normal was as easy as it is right now, atm we have people running in completely unprepared and clearing 6/7 in a night, thats simply not the speed at which it was cleared last xpac, if you argue differnet you are just wrong im afraid.
    The reason for this is that a lot of stuff can just be ignored because people have such insane ilevels compared to the content they are clearing

Deleted
    Problem is I have 840 gear for all my slots, however they have the wrong stats, so I use 830 gear instead, Because they are better.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Yes I played last xpac, however I disagree with you saying that normal was as easy as it is right now, atm we have people running in completely unprepared and clearing 6/7 in a night, thats simply not the speed at which it was cleared last xpac, if you argue differnet you are just wrong im afraid.
    The reason for this is that a lot of stuff can just be ignored because people have such insane ilevels compared to the content they are clearing
    what people mythic raiders? heroic raiders? the average raiders are not it simply isn't true

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say getting gear is too easy or too hard. However, I do think that Titanforged is a daft concept. Did EN Normal first few bosses with my Guild Wednesday evening. First boss I got an 885 Titanforged Trinket. Seemed daft to me that a Normal Raid can drop something that crazy high ilvl.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I know that I personally hate easily getting basic gear for my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Lol at the people who bought crafted items for 50-70k gold.

Ion Hazzikostas says it better https://mods.curse.com/news/world-of...-elitist-jerks

"And when Blizzard "gives away" (relatively speaking) a tier X+3 item to someone in tier X gear, they're basically invalidating a portion of their tier X+1 and X+2 content. Items aren't just "loot" -- remember, they are the only method of progressing your character. To use leveling as an analogy, large skips in item progression are like giving level 62 players a quest that lets them skip to level 67 upon its completion. Players might appreciate such a quest, but its existence would by definition obsolete most of the level 63-66 content. "

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I know that I personally hate easily getting basic gear for my alts.
    Fast gearing ALTS is fine, because you've already 'beaten' the content on your main. This is for the avg player who needs content and longevity in the game.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

No, not at all. People don't realize that all this 850 gear will be garbage a few months from now. We just don't have access to all the content yet. Just because the gear is purple doesn't mean its good. If you have a keen eye you should have noticed that we really have not scaled up much going from the low 800s to 850. People go around saying "we are overgearing dungeons", while we really are not yet. We will soon, but not yet.

Yes I get annoyed with this kind of stupidity. Consider me triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a possible ilvl of 844 but my effective ilvl is closer to 835. My performance is far better at 835 than it is at 844 because of proper stat allocations. Is getting gear easy? Sure, is it time consuming? Most definitely for many.

Gearing up in WoW has never not been easy for many, it always has been more time and luck based.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    what people mythic raiders? heroic raiders? the average raiders are not it simply isn't true
    A wide variety, ranging from people who have never raided before to people with mythic experience

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I have a possible ilvl of 844 but my effective ilvl is closer to 835. My performance is far better at 835 than it is at 844 because of proper stat allocations. Is getting gear easy? Sure, is it time consuming? Most definitely for many.

Gearing up in WoW has never not been easy for many, it always has been more time and luck based.
    Every mythic takes ~30-45 minutes, depending on wipes.

That is by far the easiest way to get gear, if you do your 8/8 3 weeks in a row you will be pretty decent ilevel, if that is too much effort than sure, gear isnt easy to get

10+ Year Old Account
    A wide variety, ranging from people who have never raided before to people with mythic experience

- - - Updated - - -

Every mythic takes ~30-45 minutes, depending on wipes.

That is by far the easiest way to get gear, if you do your 8/8 3 weeks in a row you will be pretty decent ilevel, if that is too much effort than sure, gear isnt easy to get
    I've done Thicket mythic 2 in 20 minutes so, even less than that. Still doesn't change what I said. Gearing up can be a time consuming process if you don't get the items you need and a decent group to run with. I mean looking for a mythic group as a pug can take you more time than running the actual dungeon.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. I love getting nice gear in Mythic Dungeons with the tiny bit of friends I have left still playing. I haven't had this much fun on WoW in a long time. Instead of being bored as shit in some raid until we burn out, we can hang out in dungeons again and still get nice shit.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    The title pretty much says it all, I personally feel like it is too easy to get geared atm.

There are so many different ways of gearing it is a miracle if you arn't ~850 geared yet.
    I've read the rest of the thread as well as your OP, and this is hyperbole.

If you're actively trying to get gear above all else in an MMO-RPG you are doing it wrong.

WoW is a game. The object of playing a game is to enjoy yourself primarily. The best way (or at least the way that the game was designed to be enjoyed) to do that is to group up with other players and engage in challenging content. The payoff when you succeed in downing challenging content with other people is really good.

What skill level you're at doesn't matter, what gear you have doesn't matter. Challenging content is a subjective thing, and if you and your friends find mythics easy and heroic raids easy, then good for you. If you find heroic dungeons challenging and don't want to do mythic dungeons then that's cool too. Some people love farming and profession stuff, or collecting and battling pets, or exploring and climbing to places that most people never get to, some of those things don't require gear at all.

Earlier today I tried pugging mythic HoV on my alt and first had a tank that wiped us 3 times on heimdall because he couldnt dodge lightning, after which I kicked him (he was 838). The tank I got afterwards was 840 but didnt understand that you had to move the boss on the second encounter but I somehow managed to keep us alive in spite of the boss having~25 or so stacks of one buff and ~10 of the other.
    why is this part of your post? it's just a not so thinly veiled brag. I'd suggest trying to help people rather than kicking them from the group, the payoff you get from teaching someone how to play better is almost as good as downing a difficult boss for the first time, perhaps you ought to try it. Yes it's cool that you're an awesome healer and are in a top guild, I doubt the tanks in HoV were, they would probably appreciate a little help.

To answer the question in the title, no gear is not too easy to get. Most players don't have lots of time to play, so it's great that OK gear is relatively easy to obtain from a variety of sources.

Also gear is really irrelevant. What matters is enjoying the time you spend playing, whatever content you choose you'll always get gear as a consequence of clearing it., oh and ilvl is a really poor way to compare gear, it's much better to use appropriately statted gear for your spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Items aren't just "loot" -- remember, they are the only method of progressing your character. "
    True, to an extent, but you also progress your character by learning how to play better. Everyone, even the guys at the cutting edge of world first raiding, were absolutely awful when they first started to play.

If an encounter, or a quest, or some dummy practice improves your play, then it also progresses your character too. Gear is not the only way to make your toon more powerful.

-World quests give items up to i840 with the chance of it being warforged up to 850, this maximum will probably go up on wednesday
    Do PvE worldquests really give items over ilvl835? Base I mean, not war or thunderforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Do PvE worldquests really give items over ilvl835? Base I mean, not war or thunderforged.
    I've seen 840, but only attached to dungeon quests (which you can do on normal).

10+ Year Old Account
    It was easy, but I believe that was the purpose.

Before raids, all you had was Mythic, which was trivial. I believe that Blizzard didn't want raiders to be forced into doing dungeons before they launched, so this is where world quests came in with their titanforge 850 gear. This further cements my point considering that Mythic+, which released alongside raids, capped at 850 base ilvl. That requires a bit of luck (WF/TF) to roll higher than a heroic piece of gear (which can also roll higher).

As time goes by, I think we'll see a larger gear gap with Mythic+, Raiders, Gladiators, and very lucky people (max titanforge gear) at the top and the rest of the playerbase substantially lower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    As mentioned above me, I think the only WQs that can reward gear over base 835 are the dungeons ones and the PvP ones.

When our ilvl is high enough, we might start seeing 840+ drop regularly, but that's simply speculation.

well i don't yet have full 895 with sockets and tertiary

so clearly something is wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosebumps View Post

True, to an extent, but you also progress your character by learning how to play better. Everyone, even the guys at the cutting edge of world first raiding, were absolutely awful when they first started to play.

If an encounter, or a quest, or some dummy practice improves your play, then it also progresses your character too. Gear is not the only way to make your toon more powerful.
    While this is also true, your average player mostly does not care about this.

WoD/MoP/Cata Scenario: They get the free 695 Baleful, 700/710 honor gear as well as LFR gear which all combined makes them skip loads of raid, dungeon and profession content progression. Then turn around and scream on Reddit/forums that there is a content drought / nothing to do when in actual fact, only a small portion have actually beat the content.

It's half and half to take the blame. Blizzard for making their content obsolete but also the avg players love their freebies (I think Fast ALT gearing is good tho ). It's hilarious because of two statements. 1) We need more content. 2) We need catchup mechanics to skip content.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-09-24 at 02:49 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

RE World quests. Keep in mind the PvP rewards were corrected. Getting a few pieces of the 840-850 variety while your ilvl was sub 800 at release caused all of the other world quest rewards to jump faster than intended, causing significantly faster gearing up. I know my gear was beyond heroic dungeon level with barely any effort, before I even did a heroic.

I imagine new character & slower leveling characters won't be able to plow through ilvls as fast. Those players likely represent the majority of the playerbase and many will be the ones you are playing with by 7.1