Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

My solution to this shit

This is really stupid. I agree we needed an AOE nerf, but not ST. Now we will be way below average on ST fights.

I offer next changes:

1) Throw Glaive damage reduced by 30%. - ONLY ON SECONDARY TARGETS.
    2) Bloodlet (Talent) now deals 100% of initial Throw Glaive damage. - ONLY ON SECONDARY TARGETS. On first target hit it should be still dealing 200%.
    3) Fel Mastery (Talent) damage bonus to Fel Rush reduced to 30% on all subsequent targets. First target hit will be still taking old damage.
    4) Artifact Ability nerf is ok.

Blizzard recently said they gonna nerf mainly Fel Barrage. WTF is that? They guted everything except fking Fel Barrage.

If Blizzard's intent was reducing Havoc's excessively high area of effect damage, this would accomplish that goal while keeping Havoc's single-target damage the same. Still need to test these changes when they go live after server maintenance on Tuesday, but I feel like I will no longer out-DPS players with more gear than me...

How is nerfing fel mastery and bloodlet going to keep our single target damage the same when throw glaive and fel rush were KEY abilities for single target as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Akachan View Post
    How is nerfing fel mastery and bloodlet going to keep our single target damage the same when throw glaive and fel rush were KEY abilities for single target as well?
    you think blizzard can understand that?

This is exactly how I see it. I don't fucking get why they swung the nerf bat so hard, but it's not like blizzard cares at all. They never have.

Guess you shouldn't have rolled to the FotM class.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Guess you shouldn't have rolled to the FotM class.
    To be fair, I rolled the class that aesthetically I liked the most and, when given time on the beta, I found the most fun.

I'm not unhappy our AoE got nerfed, that was definitely necessary. I'm unhappy that our single target got hit very hard when it was mediocre.

Blizzard always does this. Whenever they nerf a class they never just bring it down to the same level as the others. They go completely nuts and slam it into the ground as hard as they can.

Maybe switch from bloodlet to felblade? Omg, you can't faceroll your keyboard anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Maybe switch from bloodlet to felblade? Omg, you can't faceroll your keyboard anymore.
    If you thought Bloodlet was faceroll then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, if we were mediocre single target before, how in the world does picking the talent that is inferior currently (and may be better post-nerf) that is also much more boring do anything to help our nerfed DPS? There's a reason we took Bloodlet, even if we're still middle of the pack with it.

I dont know why blizzard havent hired you, you sir are a genius, you are the only one who actually came with a nerf to aoe without hitting single target, but blizzard employees are plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkhel View Post
    To be fair, I rolled the class that aesthetically I liked the most and, when given time on the beta, I found the most fun.

I'm not unhappy our AoE got nerfed, that was definitely necessary. I'm unhappy that our single target got hit very hard when it was mediocre.
    Most of those changes seemed to be to AoE abilities as far as I could tell. If your single-target damage took a hit then there's probably a good reason for it. Blizzard wouldn't nerf a class as wildly popular as this without being able to back their decision up.

Most of those changes seemed to be to AoE abilities as far as I could tell. If your single-target damage took a hit then there's probably a good reason for it. Blizzard wouldn't nerf a class as wildly popular as this without being able to back their decision up.
    Throw Glaive does about 24%~ of our single target damage, and I believe WoL combines TG with Bloodlet as well. So a nerf to both is a nerf to our single target DPS as well as our AoE. Plus Fel Rush also deals more single target damage than Demon's Bite, which we tend to cast more as it builds Fury for us.

Blizzard is nerfing our AoE a decent amount but also hitting our single target quite hard. The majority of our DPS on single target comes from Chaos Strike/Annihilation (CS in Meta) at about 41%~ but pretty much everything else is getting nerfed.

My numbers could be off but that's about what they are. I believe if I played at a better level TG might actually be a higher %, though it could be less with more Annihilations in Meta, especially if we were able to cast it a second time.

How can bloodlet is not faceroll? You just use throw glaive and the PASSIVE do all the damage? How is that not faceroll?

How can bloodlet is not faceroll? You just use throw glaive and the PASSIVE do all the damage? How is that not faceroll?
    You need to squeeze the Throw Glaives into the 4 second Momentum windows and ensure the bleed stays up, as well as you burn as much Fury as possible on Chaos Strike in that window as well. It's not as simple as just using TG and letting the bleed do the work. The context of when you cast it is incredibly important. The spec is far, far from faceroll with Momentum and anyone claiming it is doesn't know anything about the spec.

DH specced right (read: max DPS) is more complex than a number of other specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    This is exactly how I see it. I don't fucking get why they swung the nerf bat so hard, but it's not like blizzard cares at all. They never have.
    Lol responses like these are absolutely delicious. DH's holding a pity party when certain other classes have it huge margins worse that even questing is a nightmare, is just amazing.

DH were vastly over-performing and needed to be brought in line with other classes. If Blizz finds they have been nerfed too hard they will be brought back up to par, that's how balancing works.

I sincerely hope this kind of reaction isn't coming from mature adults, because that would be just tragic.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

You need to squeeze the Throw Glaives into the 4 second Momentum windows and ensure the bleed stays up, as well as you burn as much Fury as possible on Chaos Strike in that window as well. It's not as simple as just using TG and letting the bleed do the work. The context of when you cast it is incredibly important. The spec is far, far from faceroll with Momentum and anyone claiming it is doesn't know anything about the spec.

DH specced right (read: max DPS) is more complex than a number of other specs.
    Keep living in your desillusion. Even in its most complex spec, DH are easier to play than most class

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    DH were vastly over-performing on AoE and needed to be brought in line with other classes. If Blizz finds they have been nerfed too hard they will be brought back up to par, that's how balancing works.

I sincerely hope this kind of reaction isn't coming from mature adults, because that would be just tragic.
    Fixed that for you. Where are we dominating in single target?

Keep living in your desillusion. Even in its most complex spec, DH are easier to play than most class
    You don't play a DH, do you?

Throw Glaive does about 24%~ of our single target damage, and I believe WoL combines TG with Bloodlet as well. So a nerf to both is a nerf to our single target DPS as well as our AoE. Plus Fel Rush also deals more single target damage than Demon's Bite, which we tend to cast more as it builds Fury for us.

Blizzard is nerfing our AoE a decent amount but also hitting our single target quite hard. The majority of our DPS on single target comes from Chaos Strike/Annihilation (CS in Meta) at about 41%~ but pretty much everything else is getting nerfed.

My numbers could be off but that's about what they are. I believe if I played at a better level TG might actually be a higher %, though it could be less with more Annihilations in Meta.
    If I'm understanding you correctly, what you're telling me is that a lot of your single-target damage is tied in with your abilities that also deal AoE damage. If that's the case, then you all were boned from the start and should have expected this.

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you're telling me is that a lot of your single-target damage is tied in with your abilities that also deal AoE damage. If that's the case, then you all were boned from the start and should have expected this.
    So instead of blaming Blizzard for designing us this way, or blaming Blizzard for nerfing our AoE and single at the same time without buffing single target or keeping it the same (like, y'know, the proposed changes in the OP), we should just accept it as inevitable?

Poor design and very poor tuning isn't something that we should be to blame for.