Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Already have a thread on this where most are discussing the exact same thing.

There's literally no need for a new thread about this same exact thing, these are all speculations.
    I used to make posts like this, but it seems the moderators seem to not care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    It looks like the Pillars of Creation are both the key to stopping the Burning Legion and the key to release the Old Gods from their prison. Very cool lore bits, but not too subtle.
    I am really excited to present my theory on the Pillars of Creation and what they mean, in addition to previous mentions I will have related to this current post (Azeroth's heart and N'zoth) as well as the next one I will type up ("The Diamond King"). I have a theory that may make you see things a bit differently regarding the purpose of the Pillars.

"The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."
    the dwarf king that has turned to diamonds.
    whatever he has been talking to, that claims it's azeroth, the titan. it's lying. it's something completely different, either an old god, or a void-lord,
    and it's using him as a pawn.

"Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path."
    The five old gods. OR. more likely, and frightening, the Pillars of creation, pretty sure they're only talking about 4 of them in the current questline
    but in dalaran, there's room for 5, and they're all named after members of the pantheon which had more than 4 members.
    It was whatever The dwarf king is talking to that told us to get the pillars, I bet that something horrible will happen when we get all 4(5), they'll either unlock the planet
    releasing whatever is inside (huge old god?) or letting the void-lords into our plane.

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."
    I don't really know about this one. who is "him"? whatever dwarf king was talking to claimed to be female. (might be lying about that too?)
    is it talking about Xavius in the raid? is it spouting some nonsense and lies in between the hints, to spread discord and strife?

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."
    Probably Anduin, can also be Wrathion. "I am good" , "I am here to help you" and "We're defending Azeroth"?

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    Sylvanas, or Azshara.

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    Malfurion? Khadgar? both of them are helping us with the pillars, khadgar seems the more likely option at this point.

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."
    the curse of flesh. The old gods infected us with flesh, and is manipulating us to defend it against the burning legion without us even knowing?
    and now it's manipulating us into letting it free? :s
    I've no idea what to write here.

The term "pawn" clearly has negative connotations, but it's worth remembering that this isn't necessarily the case. Magni could be a "pawn" for a non-malicious Azeroth. Thought it was worth mentioning, just because many people seem to be taking it as a sure-fire sign that he's being lied to. He very well may be, just wanted to point this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    • "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."
    • "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path."
    • "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.
    • "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."
    • "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    • "The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    • "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

Not gonna lie, when I read those bolded lines I thought of the plot for the Video Game Metal Gear Solid. Without getting specific enough to use spoiler tags, the game's plot involves the protagonist being sent to stop a nuclear launch. He is ultimately tricked into ensuring the launch happens. The "key" he uses can be used to either stop or active the launch. The way the key he used works, the system could only be used once and was meant be an emergency shutdown measure. Turns out he'd been used to activate the launch all along. OUCH.

I mention that because I think The Piillars of Creation have multiple uses or purposes. Yes, they can repair Azeroth and roll back the damage caused by The Burning Legion but they could also be used for other things we don't yet know. What if they could also be used to inadvertently bring back C'Thun, Yogg'Saron and Y"Saarj? The Old Gods were certainly know if they were capable of that much =O
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    • "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."
    • "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path."
    • "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.
    • "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."
    • "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    • "The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    • "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

Not gonna lie, when I read those bolded lines I thought of the plot for the Video Game Metal Gear Solid. Without getting specific enough to use spoiler tags, the game's plot involves the protagonist being sent to stop a nuclear launch. He is ultimately tricked into ensuring the launch happens. The "key" he uses can be used to either stop or active the launch. The way the key he used works, the system could only be used once and was meant be an emergency shutdown measure. Turns out he'd been used to activate the launch all along. OUCH.

I mention that because I think The Piillars of Creation have multiple uses or purposes. Yes, they can repair Azeroth and roll back the damage caused by The Burning Legion but they could also be used for other things we don't yet know. What if they could also be used to inadvertently bring back C'Thun, Yogg'Saron and Y"Saarj? The Old Gods were certainly know if they were capable of that much =O
    Ha, nice comparison. We even have the villains trying to stop us along the way, despite the fact that we're accidentally working for them.

Now I have to go re-replay MGS.

Just my two cents here, but wouldn't "her heart is a crater" be more towards Jaina? As in Theramore? How much of her hatred at the moment is influenced by Old Gods?

I absolutely see it in the literal sense of Azeroth though as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Snip.
    Oh boy! All of that is good stuff, and I definitely want to dive into more of this mess here soon, hopefully finishing everything up just after the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    Just my two cents here, but wouldn't "her heart is a crater" be more towards Jaina? As in Theramore? How much of her hatred at the moment is influenced by Old Gods?
    Of course that is another theory I have toyed with, but I ultimately think the crater refers more to Azeroth than Jaina because of connections I will add to this thread later. I need some rest before I type up Part 2 tomorrow, and maybe do a little more research just to make sure I have everything accounted for.

The five old gods.
    5th old god was retconned.....

if the distance btw uldaman and n'zoth prison on the ordering of azeroth map translate on the common azeroth map seem the prison location is few miles of the cost of EK below tol'barad
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post

jokes aside, could we get a bit bigger pic?

- - - Updated - - -

The five old gods.
    there are no five old gods.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    there are no five old gods.
    we need gigantic post for "All Old gods are dead Expect one + there are only 4 old gods" to end this atrocity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post

I absolutely see it in the literal sense of Azeroth though as well.
    I think Jaina is too obvious.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Someone on reddit made this: https://i.imgur.com/6l30Bz2.png

Its our present map and when there was only 1 continent with the black empire reigns from the chronicle, while yes things have shifted and stuff, it still makes sense.

As you can see on that image, nozth's location is very near to eye of azshara.

Your coming was foretold in the rings. The long circle is nearly complete. << what rings? circle might be meaning that Old gods might get free. we know that last Old God, N'zoth is getting free. shadow priest's dagger mentions it as well

Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator. << this one is clear. it is talking about Curse of Flesh amde by old gods

To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars. << what stars? can it have something common with Elisande/night elves/nightborne etc? or maybe to Celestials, creations of titans, like Algalon. or something else at all
    The king of diamonds has been made a pawn. << it must be Magni. he is called Diamond King and he speaks for Azeroth, but there was also speculation, that he might be under old gods, aka N'Zoth's influence and he simply thinks Azeroth is giving orders to him, while Nzoth is behind all
    The lord of ravens will turn the key. <<< who is lord of ravens? 1 is Anzu, but he is dead in main timeline and alive in alternate universe past, and still he is from Draenor, not from aZeroth, also can Lord of Ravens mean Medivh's spirit or Khadgar? Raven is symbol of Guardian
    The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you. << only boy-king is Anduin, but what kind of servitude is he speaking? and what three lies might Anduin tell us, if he is mentioned? another boy-king might be Dagran III thaurissan, son of late Emperor of Dark irons and Moira Bronzebeard. but he is pre-teen and he isnot king yet
    Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it. <<< maybe Azeroth? we know azeroth is last titan and is female
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path. <<< pillars of creation? there are five pillars and we need them to seal tomb of sargeras' portal, what if their power will change something adn open prison of Nzoth? (similar plot was used in StarCraft, where Terran forces use Zel'naga artifact to clean Kerrigan, queen of blades from Zerg infestation, and her powers secretly are stored by zerg-protoss hybrid adn used later to revive Amon, a fallen Xel'naga, aka Old god of starcraft unvierse)
    At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming. - what is third death? who dies third time?
    maybe it's still about Azeroth, she-titan? 1st death might be first cataclysm, during war of the ancients, where megacontinent Kalimdor was shattered to pieces, 2nd death might mean Shattering when Deathwing changed and destroyed parts of the world, adn what if using 5 pilalrs we might make 3rd shattering/cataclysm?
    we know, that Old gods wanted those cataclysms, as they are/were imprisoned in the azeroth, adn by shatterings, they prisons became weaker adn they want to escape

N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha... << my'alotha seems to be place where n'zoth is imprisoned, what in it's not just a place, but soem kind of realm, like Elemental Plane and Emerald dream, which coexist and are part of aZeroth, but also exist paralelly

"At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming."

Sylvanas died two times or three ? One in Silverpine and one in ICC, right ? So, she died twice ? If so this is talking about her.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming."

Sylvanas died two times or three ? One in Silverpine and one in ICC, right ? So, she died twice ? If so this is talking about her.
    arthas
    icecrown
    silverpine

she died thrice.

Formerly known as Arafal

The most intriguing thing is the use of plurals. We/our is indicating a larger force than just Nzoth. It may be insinuating a revival of the other OGs.

Your coming was foretold in the rings. The long circle is nearly complete.

Il'gynoth has a very strong tree motif, so the first part of the quote probably refers to the growth rings that trees have. It could imply that somehow the history of the WoW universe is written in the growth rings of the world tree in Un'goro, and thus Il'gynoth was able to see the future. I doubt that the "long circle" refers to the imprisonment of the Old Gods, it's more likely that it hints at the eternal conflict between the Light and the Void. Could it be reaching its climax?

Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator.

It's a strong hint that the Curse of Flesh is N'Zoth's doing. If so, interestingly enough Il'gynoth tries to present N'Zoth in a more positive light.

To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.

Perhaps a constellation is reflected as a literal circle of stars somewhere in the Great Sea? Could be the location of N'Zoth's prison. Although once again, why would we want to find him?

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.

The Old Gods and their minions often refer to the Titans' servants as puppets, such as for example the Sha of Pride calling Norushen a puppet during SoO. I think Magni has been hearing someone or something that is neither Azeroth nor N'Zoth. Perhaps Xe'ra?

The lord of ravens will turn the key.

Khadgar will most likely be the one to use the Pillars of Creation to seal the Tomb of Sargeras.

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

Anduin, most likely. The master could be the future version of Velen. The lies probably refer to something more abstract than straight up lies. Maybe peace, cooperation and the Light being a force of good?

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.

Notice how the Maelstrom is called the "Heart of Azeroth"? First Aman'thul literally tore a hole in that place, and then the Sundering and subsequently the Cataclysm damaged it pretty badly. Going with the "Blessing of Flesh" theme, N'Zoth probably healed the wound to prevent Azeroth from dying.

Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.

It's quite evident that the five keys are the Pillars of Creation. The five torches could be something else, though.

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

Perhaps Khadgar (The Lord of Ravens) discovers what the true purpose of the Pillars of Creation is, but "her" dying will force him to use them anyways? Could be either Sylvanas or Jaina, depending on interpretation, or someone else entirely. One other major female character that has died two times already is Sintharia (she died the first time during the events of the Night of the Dragon and the second time during the Cataclysm).

Out! Out! You are not yet worthy!

Why is Il'gynoth suddenly concerned with our worth? If we were worthy, would he just let us in to kill his heart without any fight?

N'Zoth... I journey... to Ny'alotha...

Ny'alotha could be a pocket dimension where the Old Gods and their servants go upon dying. It's probably not the Void, but something that is closer to Azeroth. Could this also explain how N'Zoth revived Sintharia two times already?

Another important thing to consider are N'Zoth's true intentions. Blizzard rarely creates outright evil characters, with Gul'dan being a notable exception. The Old Gods are literally a biological weapon designed by the Void Lords to corrupt nascent World Souls. However, the Void Lords probably never counted on the Old Gods being imprisoned for millennia upon millennia. N'Zoth has had a lot of time to consider things during his imprisonment. He created a dragonflight that wields the powers of both the Light and the Void (see Halion's quote: "I am the Light and the Darkness!"). In addition, he created Twilight magic, which seems to also be a mixture of the Light and the Void. Could N'Zoth be planning to use Azeroth to bring an end to the conflict between the Light and the Void? That would explain why Xal'atath, another minion of the Void Lords, is so dead set on killing him.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2016-09-24 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big reference to King Magni turning into Diamonds/Crystal and serving Azeroth OR that is what Magni thinks and being used by the Old Gods. That said why would the Old Gods use Magni to say Azeroth is a Titan. Kinda truthful information to give us >.>

"Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path."
    The Pillars of Creation seem to fit this. The only one we don't have is the Eye of Aman'thul which is in the Nighthold. Once Nighthold is released it will be in our grasp and all of the five *keys* will be ours. I assume N'zoth might try to use the Pillars to open his prison and cause havoc.

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars."

Only Star related is Suramar so maybe there's something there? Obviously N'zoth related but I wonder how relevant it is.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."
    Only Boy king one could say is Anduin Wrynn. I doubt Anduin would even lie at all. I mean I could see him giving 3 options but he doesn't know they aren't true. Confusing.....

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    My theory is Jaina but only because in recent years, Theramore is kinda a crater so metaphorically it makes sense. I can see Jaina abandoning her morals(Or what's left of them). Much as I love her.

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."
    Khadgar possibly since he can turn into a Raven and well he is leading the charge of the Pillars of Creation. It could be Odyn since he is also Havi who had a Raven with him and ravens flying around him. Possibly one or the other.

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."
    Curse of Flesh reference although you might as well call it a blessing with the way Curse of Flesh works but I digress. Never liked the concept but yes reference to Curse of Flesh.

Lots of Old God notes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Only Boy king one could say is Anduin Wrynn. I doubt Anduin would even lie at all. I mean I could see him giving 3 options but he doesn't know they aren't true. Confusing.....
    his lies are lies to them, not to us.
    just as they call the curse of flesh a blessing and not a curse like we do.

Formerly known as Arafal