Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Having an opinion does not mean it's objectively right and in this case it is absolutely and hilariously false. Vanilla and TBC were so basic that I am literally shocked how people who actually played it can think otherwise.
    And that is your opinion. People can think the other way.

Opinion's are different, they are not wright or wrong, they are just different.

And yes, maybe in somethings, Vanilla and TBC are basics, but in other things don't. Again, they are different games, they just share the name World of Warcraft.

OP is complaining about the lack of customization in the game, tryhard raiders counter with that the rotation was easier and again completely misses the point.

Sigh.

Having an opinion does not mean it's objectively right and in this case it is absolutely and hilariously false. Vanilla and TBC were so basic that I am literally shocked how people who actually played it can think otherwise.
    It is impossible to be objectively right or wrong on a matter of taste and preference.

There is no correlation between complexity and quality.

If you're going to use words like objectively you should learn the nature of how reality functions.

Physics is objective, everything else is opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumo View Post
    Why I keep reading the game is easy and dumb and meanwhile only 1% (?) of players clear all mythic content before its nerfed?
    Becouse new difficulty isnt new content? If you finish game on easy mod or heroic it doesnt matter you finished story and game. Rest if just frind for bigger numbers nothing els.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Becouse new difficulty isnt new content? If you finish game on easy mod or heroic it doesnt matter you finished story and game. Rest if just frind for bigger numbers nothing els.
    So like any other game out there then? It is up to the individual player how much challenge they want or don't want.

Deleted
    There were plenty of different talent builds in Vanilla and lots of different gear to customise your character depending on the class. So what if they weren't the absolute bestest for primadonna raiders.

MMO's are successful because of the social interactions/opportunities they create. When you have LFD/LFR/Garrisons/CRZ, ect that limited social interaction, the subs will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    And again, you are claiming that the difficultie is on the mechanics, but is not only that. Mechanics are NOT the only thing that make's something harder. And yes, in part the first 3 years of WoW people have less idea what to do, but top guild exist and they do what to do, and they have pain to do it.
    So, what is this mysterious other thing which "makes difficulty"? Because I have it down to Mechanics, execution, and how the team works. More complex mechanics and high tank/damage/healing requirements put on each individual makes things more difficult. Or do you honestly believe that raiders of today would struggle with mechanics from back in 2004? There's a reason for why Mythic Gorefiend became a brick wall to many guilds, which shows what it takes to block some players these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by metasine View Post
    MMO's are successful because of the social interactions/opportunities they create. When you have LFD/LFR/Garrisons/CRZ, ect that limited social interaction, the subs will suffer.
    Nobody is prohibited from social interaction, this has always been a weak excuse. There are guilds, tons of people wanting to do content which cannot be accessed via automated tools...

Sub numbers didn't "suffer" until there was a distinct lack of CONTENT. People in general are quite capable of being as social as they want.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-24 at 04:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How many vanilla players does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, they just sit around and complain about how good the old one was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    How many vanilla players does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, they just sit around and complain about how good the old one was.
    Lmfao! Good one

Deleted
    I will agree with you that the cross realm features are the worst. It's like we no longer have servers. Everything feels unpersonal and they try to get tech to make it look like it isn't. I see players from other servers, wich i can't trade with or join their guild for example or ever see again. They are no different than bots. There is no point to the feature. It's an illusion.

This is because server mergers have bad rep and blizzard didn't want them, but i wish they would remove all this cross realm nonsense and just merged the servers into super servers.

Look, i don't even mind if they keep the LFPeople tools for instances and world bosses, but i wish this nonsense wasn't splattered all over the game. And the whole realm hopping thing with cross realm assist is the epitome of daft. Theres no sense of imersion when you can just hop to another server like its nothing.

Besides that, bar some class design choices i think the game is pretty good. I would say that with proffesions and mats beeing this costly, it definitly has a vanilla feel to it.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-09-24 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This is because server mergers have bad rep and blizzard didn't want them,
    Of course they didn't want to when they were busy nickel and diming everyone with server transfer fees.

There would be no bad publicity because of "lol videogames journalism".

The game is better than it's ever been. There's a reason all the crying over legacy servers came to a grinding halt after Legion launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be a dick but what does you being a vanilla player mater? Does it make your opinion count more? What about "from a wrath player" or "from a beta player".
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Why people think like that, that the thread is a joke? Can't people have opinion? If people like more Vanilla, fine. If people like more retail, fine. Is just AN OPINION. I like fucking anchovies in the pizza, other people hate the anchovies on the pizza, and i don't they are dumb or stupid, they just like other things.

Can people PLEASE have and opinion without being rape on the ass by the community here? They are just giving an opinion, agree or not. U can share your opinion too, to disagree or not, but don't insult to people just for think different than you.
    “Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.”

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got to be kidding me... Vanilla and TBC - most bloody specs had such a mind-numbing dumb and simple rotations and gameplay that I am literally shocked how you can say current game is somehow "dumbed down" from that.

Like really? REALLY? In Vanilla my Prot/Ret paladin (which was as viable as licking kitchenware to clean it) was literally running around auto-attacking things... while when I was healing in raids - it was bloody spam Flash of Light until your "3" button breaks and once in a while toss Holy Lights for throughput. In TBC my Warlock's top DPS uber rotation consisted on simply casting Shadow Bolt and it was second best DPS in Sunwell, besides the Glaives rogues.

This thread is a joke.
    It makes me wonder if he actually was a vanilla player. Most rotations were fixed with no pop up bullshit, resources were not an issue fot many classes (hunters still used mana ffs) and rotatiobs rotations were incredible simple even relative to today...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    In my point of view, what made WoW interesting, was not dailies or rep farming, or all the grind related, end game is used to be the boring part actually. WoW was more interesting because how I could, with hard work, differentiate my characters, like, my mage, from every other mage in my realm. I am not talking aesthetically only, but my build chosen, profession chosen, my gear chosen, the number of spells available to me for different purposes other than damage itself (remember amplify magic? Buffs? Mana Shield? Evocation?). Those spells made playing Mage something interesting, It was like, if you had enough time playing and learning your class, you could really be better than the other mage guy by just using your arsenal wiser. I could be half frost and half fire before specializations, I could have Ice Barrier and Fire Nova by going down both talent trees, trying different things was fun, PvP and PvE wise.
    you could be either different or good, but not both at the same time, and that is still true even today. aside from that, wow is a 12 years old game that is still miles ahead from whatever is considered popular these days in its genre, so yeah, quite far from losing its glory.

Deleted
    Also i miss basic things...like:

So i am a hunter, and i have a gun...i need bullets to shoot roght? Well...not anymore...so what i am shooting?

And i am a Warlock wright, so in order to create stuff, i need souls from things i kill...not anymore. How i create something without the souls? Dunno.

Yes, i know they are trivial things, but damned, feels...the wright way, like...i need bullets to shoot my gun.

About the crossrealms, yes, killed the game A LOT. They can fix that, they only need to close like 75% of dead realms they have, merge the players in restant 25% and the community is coming back. That's my idea and opinion.

Move on... there is more to life than the wowcrack.

I do agree with this, I think the spells is a minority thing but I can see where you're coming from.

For me personally, the game is less fun because of how easy leveling is (both speed of getting to max level, and the non-existing difficulty of killing mobs) - lets not forget, back in wrath/early cata, the MAJORITY of subs were made of people leveling to max level, they found it fun because there was a lot of depth to the game. Now? I'd argue the majority is at end game, and which is why the subs are lowering than they used to be.

Onto what I mean with depth, you had all these different stats, dodge, parry, etc would actually appear on gear. I think that was a HUGE feature, and I really DON'T like how, for example, a demon hunter vengeance tank can get crit, and that SOMEHOW gives you parry rating. It's not fun, and it's not interesting. Give us all these stats back, give us 2-3 slot pieces of gear, let us enchant 90% of our items. This puts more focus on your character and allows you more options with customizing what gems and enchants you want to go.

To follow that up, Cataclysm did one really good thing. You could reduce a stat on an item and used that reduced amount to put into a different stat. This allowed even FURTHER customization and I can remember reforging my gear to hit different caps for tanking, and man that was the god damn shit. Now, we don't even have that.

I think blizzard has reduced all this above WAAAY too much, and I don't see why. They may as well prune the UI entirely while they are going.