Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    This is exactly what I expected. Three weeks in and a flood of players hitting the ultra legion grind are leaving.

Artifact weapons are a disaster, they were right to ditch path of the titans and the artifact is nothing but a rehash of that bad idea.

Legion is a failure, doomed to go down as even worse than wod.
    The forums aren't really an indicate of that happening but keep going on saying Legion is so horrible and bad like nearly all of your posts.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You gotta play the game to be good at one of it's minigames?

Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    People complain about WoD being too easy and now they complain about Legion actually making you do shit such as grinds. Ironic.
    Blizzard has a well known history of overreacting to community feedback.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metasine View Post
    Blizzard has a well known history of overreacting to community feedback.
    People have a well known history of overreacting to simple content in WoW.

This seems awfully whiny and naive. You have to have some form of progress. This isn't a pure PVP game. It sound like you'd be happier playing HoTS/League/DOTA 2. Or even an FPS.

Bottom line, if you don't like it we can't change your opinion.... but very many people strongly disagree with you. I personally find the Artifact to be the perfect blend of progression and flexibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blainicus View Post
    Not sure what else I can add. The artifact grind is insane and I only like to do PvP. I like a lot of what the expansion offers, but it really sucks that they made very little of it optional to complete before you can be maxed out for arenas.

Artifact power being introduced at the same time as PvP templates makes no sense to me. Are they trying to punish non-raiders?

And yea, I'm giving up on this expansion just like I did with WoD as a result. I don't have the patience for this.

TLDR: I'm pissed it's no longer possible to go ham on gear, finish it, and then play rated PvP casually with the same stats as everyone else.
    Why would you even want to PVP in WoW. It not deigned as a PVP game, and there isnt really much to even do if you only PVP. Hell there havent even been any new battlegrounds in years, and only a couple arenas which are all really the same game with different scenery. If you want PVP go play Battlefield or Heroes of the Storm. Those of us who play the other 95% of the game dont want to finish everything in a week so you can go PVP with the other 50 people who do PVP in WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You gotta play the game to be good at one of it's minigames?
    Who knew?
    So world quests are now considered to be the main content, while raids and pvps just small minigames?

But I like having long goals to do in the game? The artifact is perfect for this.

This expansion is one giant slap to the face of PVP players.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    So world quests are now considered to be the main content, while raids and pvps just small minigames?
    Pvp is but how are you limping raids in with pvp? Nice strawman arguement there though well done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This expansion is one giant slap to the face of PVP players.
    Hate to break it to you but wow isn't and never has been a pvp game. It is a pve based mmo game where one can pvp but by no means is it near the main part of the game. Why someone would just play wow to pvp when so many other games are way better at pvp then wow is beyond me. Finally I thought ashran was a slap in the face of pvp and how inbalanced pvp was last expansion.
    Or you were fine with all that or now just realizing that pvp isn't the main focus of them game and pvpers whine every expansion about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Pvp is but how are you limping raids in with pvp? Nice strawman arguement there though well done

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to break it to you but wow isn't and never has been a pvp game. It is a pve based mmo game where one can pvp but by no means is it near the main part of the game. Why someone would just play wow to pvp when so many other games are way better at pvp then wow is beyond me. Finally I thought ashran was a slap in the face of pvp and how inbalanced pvp was last expansion.
    Or you were fine with all that or now just realizing that pvp isn't the main focus of them game and pvpers whine every expansion about that?
    No...people want PVP to have PVP system separate from PVE.

Forcing PVP players into PVE only causes animosity with PVE and PVP communities. PVE players don't like being forced into world PVP either.

The best rewards are found in PVE while BG wins may reward you with fishing mats, 6 artifact points, or mana potions LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No...people want PVP to have PVP system separate from PVE.

Forcing PVP players into PVE only causes animosity with PVE and PVP communities. PVE players don't like being forced into world PVP either.

The best rewards are found in PVE while BG wins may reward you with fishing mats, 6 artifact points, or mana potions LMAO.
    Again though this isn't a pvp game so having a whole seperate system for a secondary part of the game was stupid and still had a grind or did you not grind for honor and conquest? And that system put even more people behind because good luck fighting someone fully decked out in conquest gear. This way one can still get thier AP up and pvp talents up and still do other things in game.
    Like I said if all one wants to do is pvp wow isn't nor has it ever been that game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    People complain about WoD being too easy and now they complain about Legion actually making you do shit such as grinds. Ironic.
    That might have something to do with people bein different from each other.

I know what you mean, I hate it for offspecs. My DPS weapon is rubbish on my tank because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by blainicus View Post
    Not really a solution, because I don't have the same amount of free time a lot of people do. In the past it was never a problem, because gear was finishable.
    What is your problem again?

Its the CORE of MMORPG, that people with more time = more grind = more power.
    Its been like that since... the start of the genre?

This thread is a shitpost.

The issue is you viewing being maxed out as the entry point.
    This is an issue you made yourself.

Instead consider that there will be others PvP'ing in a similar state to yourself.
    You don't go into arena fully geared for that PvP Season.
    You progress towards it.

It is open for debate if the rewards from PvP are sufficient, and comparable.
    But you are setting yourself an unrealistic barrier, one that not even Mythic Raiders are doing.
    I have seen inflated requirements being demanded for lesser content than Mythic even, but even they are not demanding a maxed out artifact.

Not yet anyway.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-09-24 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

WoD pvp systems were pretty much the best we ever had. Too bad class mechanics/pruning and a little bit of ashran got in the way of an otherwise well balanced expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Oh look another player that wants all the rewards and perks and abilities the game has to offer but wants to do none of the time and effort needed.
    Nothing new to see here folks.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The issue is you viewing being maxed out as the entry point.
    This is an issue you made yourself.

Instead consider that there will be others PvP'ing in a similar state to yourself.
    You don't go into arena fully geared for that PvP Season.
    You progress towards it.

It is open for debate if the rewards from PvP are sufficient, and comparable.
    But you are setting yourself an unrealistic barrier, one that not even Mythic Raiders are doing.
    I have seen inflated requirements being demanded for lesser content than Mythic even, but even they are not demanding a maxed out artifact.

Not yet anyway.
    Except one player having a golden trait unlocked compared to one who doesn't is a pretty huge difference for a lot of classes. Not to mention pvp talents. The barrier for entry into even casual pvp is so insane its ridiculous let alone for competitive pvp where anyone trying to push rating will and should exclude people without at least 20 points into their given artifact and honor level 46.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Oh look another player that wants all the rewards and perks and abilities the second job has to offer but wants to do none of the time and effort needed.
    Nothing new to see here folks.
    Corrected for poor argumentation. A game is something you play to have fun in, not to put "time and effort" into before you get to have fun.