Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he shows that he cares about it much. I mean, like I said, he questions for about a second if he's no better than the Legion, but then says "Well, it's for Tyrande and Azeroth, so I'm good". This might be true, but he didn't even mourn about it after, he gets yelled at but then instead just yells back about how he did the right thing, and how they're all fools, instead of lamenting the loss or anything.

And I only brought up the Legion thing because it was to call into question Illidan's actual morals, and whether he lusts for power, or only wants more power to save Azeroth.
    The scenario itself was fun and very cool but I saw what they were trying to do. Illidan did what was *necessary*. All I have to say is "Really Naaru? All those Moon Guard that died for Illidan's power was necessary? All the enslavery in BC. Trying to destroy the roof of the world(Northrend) for Kil'Jaeden in WCIII? Was that necessary?"

No Illidan has good intentions but that doesn't mean much, you can have the most noble of intentions but do methods that are so bad you become the very thing you fight against.

So what is the right path? Dying to the first random eredar sorceress and letting the world burn, because "it's not the right the to do"? What follows is letting the legion win is the right thing to do. Do you believe that?

Everything else is pretty much true.
    The right path is using Magic in a way that isn't sacrificing others, others that trust you. I never argued that he should die at the hands of the Eredar. If anything that's projection you are putting on me. We know what Magic can do so it's not crazy for Illidan to break that crowd control like thing that the Eredar had on Illidan without sacrificing his fellow Moon Guard.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-09-24 at 09:00 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The scenario itself was fun and very cool but I saw what they were trying to do. Illidan did what was *necessary*. All I have to say is "Really Naaru? All those Moon Guard that died for Illidan's power was necessary? All the enslavery in BC. Trying to destroy the roof of the world(Northrend) for Kil'Jaeden in WCIII? Was that necessary?"

No Illidan has good intentions but that doesn't mean much, you can have the most noble of intentions but do methods that are so bad you become the very thing you fight against.
    And that's why Akama had turned against Illidan, and we came in with him to fix the situation.

The right path is using Magic in a way that isn't sacrificing others, others that trust you. I never argued that he should die at the hands of the Eredar. If anything that's projection you are putting on me. We know what Magic can do so it's not crazy for Illidan to break that crowd control like thing that the Eredar had on Illidan without sacrificing his fellow Moon Guard.
    Illidan also didn't always have good intention. The intetion to escape KJ's wrath was neutral at best. The intention to steal DS from Malfrion so he could take all the glory himself was questionable and I am being generous.

Deleted
    It's impressive how Blizzard has to fuck everything up, once I begin to like a certain Character of them.

Like hell, does anybody like this "Chosen One Messiah without a Reason"-Illidan? I loved Illidan as this massive Douchebag with an Messiah Complex but the best Intentions and the Will to sacrifice everythin, only to stop the burning Legion. He had his strength, his weaknesses and was quite likable. King handled him very good except the part with the Light Angel Illidan, which is probably something Blizz forced him into because it doesn't fitted his writting style in the rest of the Novel, were he was quite fair with every characters, pointing out that they all have their good and evil sides and even managed to paint Maiev as a rather grey instead of stupidly evil and insane character in an Illidan novel, something people like Knaak or Golden would have never managed to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan also didn't always have good intention. The intetion to escape KJ's wrath was neutral at best. The intention to steal DS from Malfrion so he could take all the glory himself was questionable and I am being generous.
    I know I missed some parts but I couldn't remember all of them. Warcraft is massive >.>

But yes ultimately I agree. I'm completely ok with Illidan being an anti-hero of such, a darker character who does questionable things. That is who he is. Taking out the demonic out of Illidan would change him and to be honest, I would rather he stay a demonic character. Not someone who is this big Light Angel kinda guy. Hell even in the novel Illidan thought the universe chose the wrong person. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Sometimes, the only choice is between becoming the thing you fight against (which isn't even truly possible) or dying to the thing you fight against.

Life ain't fair, and no higher power will intervene on your behalf if you piously stick to your principles. You just die, and the other guy wins.
    Last edited by mmoc48cc6e9b6a; 2016-09-24 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So i completed the Illidan storyline on live now, though i had to put myself through this rather painful questchain, the finale just blew me away.

Not the Illidan fight, no, the completion questtext for a character that killed Illidan. (The questtext is different for DH and character that did not kill Illidan)

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44481/destiny-unfulfilled

Personally, i couldn't stand Xe'ra and this Illidan praise, yet the final sentence just takes the cake.

So the story Legion concerning Illidan is not about him, but rather we have to redeem ourselves because we killed him.

So Illidan moves from a grey character, to a pure villain, to the ultimate good in the Universe that we foolishly killed while our hearts and minds were corrupted by hatred.

I don't have any issues with the player character not being the ultimate hero all the time, but this is just awful.
    wow, they just can't let this sha bullshit from pandaland die and stay dead for fuck's sake;

it's like they'll never stop until the point where the term "Warcraft" has no other choice but to be renamed to "World of Reconciliation and Admittance of our Past Mistakes and Sins as we Attempts to Rebuild a Better World: Minecraft 2, Because Everyone is Really Just a Misunderstood Hero Who Wanted Good All Along: Repeat This Formula Ad Nauseam", the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    Sometimes, the only choice is between becoming the thing you fight against (which isn't even truly possible) or dying to the thing you fight against.

Life ain't fair, and no higher power will intervene on your behalf if you piously stick to your principles. You just die, and the other guy wins.
    In a world of Magic and Divine Intervention of greater beings. No your justifications for Illidan is bull crap and it's been laid out already. The situation Illidan was in was feasible to not do something questionable. Illidan does the questionable because that's who he is. He's not some big savior or big hero. Yes Life aint fair but Life on Azeroth is pretty fucking different then to life on Earth so really again your justifications fall.

Warrior-Magi

I'm all for a redemption arc but this is ridiculous. I remember watching him bitch like a little girl about not being the bestest druid and was like seriously? This is the ultimate holy savior? Some whiny bitch who crys when he doesn't get his way? I was fine with him returning and not being the villian, but this is just...uuggghhh

7+ Year Old Account
    im not a fan of it myself.
    this is just... way over the top ridiculous.
    xe'ras little fangirl personality is also extremely bullshit.

annoying floating fangirling crystal bitch.

Formerly known as Arafal

has blizzard by any chance outsourced writing lore to some fanfiction website?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Based on artifact research as far as i know.

I'm AK5 currently.

You will be scolded for being allied with people who killed him.

DH Version:
    ...Okay this Naaru's a bitch. Hope it becomes a raid boss, I hear they make a wonderful sound when you hit them.

I really hope it is just a setting for a plot twist, like an evil-holy/light faction of naaru or a trap by the burning legion or that like the dino quest in suramar, illidan become this holy infused crap because he consumed all these naive naaru for their powers....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    ...Okay this Naaru's a bitch. Hope it becomes a raid boss, I hear they make a wonderful sound when you hit them.
    Well it wouldn't be the first time a Naaru turns into a entity of the void. Sad...this Naaru should know better.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it wouldn't be the first time a Naaru turns into a entity of the void. Sad...this Naaru should know better.
    She doesn't have to turn to the void, hell I'm not entirely sure these Naaru want the same thing we do. I bet they'd (Or at least this one would) happily let Azeroth fall if it meant beating the Legion. It would be an interesting plot line if we fought against the light for a change...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    She doesn't have to turn to the void, hell I'm not entirely sure these Naaru want the same thing we do. I bet they'd (Or at least this one would) happily let Azeroth fall if it meant beating the Legion. It would be an interesting plot line if we fought against the light for a change...
    That's the thing, the forces of the Light is aligned with good and it opposes the Void. So it would be odd for us to fight them. I don't really believe in fighting them. I'd be more ok with Xe'ra is misleading us becauswe he/she is already converted to the void or what not. The whole praising Illidan is really...well absurd.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-09-24 at 10:08 PM.

Warrior-Magi

That goes against what the Light is, it's aligned with the forces of good and we all know the opposing force of the Light is the void. Not really interesting to fight a being of Light. It's more dumb that Xe'ra is trying to act like Illidan is a hero.
    The light is neither good or evil, it simply is. The titans operated on ruthless calculus and were very benevolent beings, what makes you think the light is good, just because it is shiny?

This is so ridiculous it's actually funny.

Perhaps we should go and fetch A'dal, Xi'ri and the other naaru from Outland. After all it was them who told us to storm into BT and kill the golden boy, so apparently they need redemption as much as we do.
    Last edited by mingarrubia; 2016-09-25 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing, the forces of the Light is aligned with good and it opposes the Void. So it would be odd for us to fight them. I don't really believe in fighting them. I'd be more ok with Xe'ra is misleading us becauswe he/she is already converted to the void or what not. The whole praising Illidan is really...well absurd.
    Not everything the light does is good. Look at the scarlet crusade. Xe'ra could be to the Naaru what they were to normal Paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    has blizzard by any chance outsourced writing lore to some fanfiction website?
    If this was the case, the Story would still be better and it would have by far more male on male homosexuality.