Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It would seem it was actually the teacher that failed to take the lesson to heart. The student did nothing more than exercise freedom of speech that the teacher disagreed with.
    The kid flipped his shit over the teacher demonstrating the First Amendment
    The teacher flipped his shit over his picture being taken.

That's two wholly different things.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I don't see a /s at the end. Was this sarcasm?
    What do you think? Yes
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Exactly, you in a collective of mods decide what sort of posting you don't like.
    That's inaccurate, and you should know it.

Just as other collectives of people have decided that they don't like flag desecration.
    Again, I've already linked the State's code of ethics for teachers, and the school's website, and there's no such rule there. You're literally making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Strange how quickly someone becomes a troll to those who can't come up with proper arguments themselves.

And anyhow, are we allowed to call others out as trolls now? Last I checked, that got you an infraction or at the very least a warning. Mind you, I guess you'd welcome that as "proof of evil SJW conspiracies keeping you down".
    Who knows anymore there's a lot of inconsistency.

Certainly you'd think quoting somebody's posts - editing its content in a malicious manner - then remarking nothing but the fact that you "don't give a shit" about what they said would constitute trolling.

But then I imagine it has a lot to do with who was quoted and who is doing the quoting.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Was doing so within his rights? perhaps that's the student practicing his freedom of speech, Mr. Booty
    I see once again as you are prone to, you are assuming what I actually think.

I don't see the big deal of what the teacher did since he was trying to prove a point, I don't see the big deal of the student making a video and taking the flag to the principal since it offended him.

I simply think the student is a conservative SJW and am immensely enjoying the conservative posters on here bend over backwards trying to rationalize that he isn't
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Why would they? If someone wants to defile the flag they can go right ahead.

But, always keep it in mind, Freedom of Speech is NOT Freedom from Consequences.
    You're getting confused with free will.

He should have done this on the flag but leave a nice trail.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKxlvWOqmFs

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's inaccurate, and you should know it.

Again, I've already linked the State's code of ethics for teachers, and the school's website, and there's no such rule there. You're literally making it up.
    What you mean its inaccurate? How else did the forum rules come to be?

And what did I make up?

I've been talking about public opinion the entire time.

Public opinion is that the people in that community (the ones calling for his head) don't like flag desecration.

Ok so there's no mention of it in a school code book, nice find, maybe other people were talking about this but I wasn't.

Fun fact there is however a State law against flag desecration, I wonder what what point that's going to come into all of this.
    http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...Article_52.pdf
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Oh dear, if this is the standard of "funny and facts" you hold yourself to then that answers so many questions .
    What would you know of it? You didn't watch the videos.

Right. Confirmation bias. Got it.

Sorry if I don't continue to reply to you I'm getting a lot of quotes and I want to respond to everybody but the more meaningful posters are going to take priority over the nonsense ones.
    MAGA

Fun fact there is however a State law against flag desecration, I wonder what what point that's going to come into all of this.
    http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...Article_52.pdf
    Probably never, because even a complete slackwit of a DA would understand those laws are unenforceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Either way, I'm really tired of this fake patriotism thing, where we decide who is true and who is not based upon correctly followed rituals rather than honest to god principles (and no, blindly respecting your country is not such a principle, or freedom to protest wouldnt be a thing).
    This. isn't the entire point of the 2nd amendment to allow you to overthrow the government if it becomes necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I have watched all of those videos outside of this thread and they really aren't that well constructed, i could link you some better ones if you want.

The clickbaity bullshit is usually trash.
    You didn't like the Modern Educayshun one?

I thought that one was pure gold and the guy makes a lot of other great videos too.

Good scripts, good production values, good locations, good independent film-making.
    MAGA

And here's an example of a fucking moron who just wants to point fingers and QQ her cunt off.

And I'm interested in making a lot of changes to America but none of them have anything to do with attacking people for being White, or owning a gun, or putting a hula girl on their car dashboard, or wearing a Halloween costume.
    OMFG - that can't be for real. I knew the SJW safe space crowd was batshit crazy but seriously???? Some white ass sounding chick presumes to know what is offensive to the people of the "continent of Hawaii"??

Maybe she should spend less time in her safe space and more time getting a fucking education.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I could just as easily link a bunch of right wing extremists making America worse.
    Yea and if your goal in doing so was to try and defend dingbats on the other side that would just be silly.

Far too often the whole "well your guy did this so you cant talk about my guy doing that" excuse lets a lot of crooked corrupt evil bullshit slide through the cracks due to lack of public pressure.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I have yet to see a liberal get shouted down at a public learning institution.
    Mmm, go to any Christian school and try to talk there publicly about the need of other religions to be represented at the school - pretty sure you will get shouted down pretty fast! It just wouldn't be appropriate to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think what's most ironic about Zombergy's post is that this teacher's act was exactly the kind of thing he should be supporting, because he's complaining that students have too many "safe spaces" where their views aren't challenged.

So he's angry about this teacher challenging his students. He's essentially arguing for safe spaces, while linking stuff that complains about them.
    Because just how the left is blamed for jumping the gun and being triggered all the time, this is just more of the same with seasoning compliments of the right.

It doesn't matter the context or content of what the instructor was teaching, all it took was "he stood on the flag" and the lesson is forgotten.

I think it's really interesting to see reaction towards the flag being akin to extreme religious reverence.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    These fucktards aren't making anything better.

I know you're not telling me that people like Carl the Cuck, AIDS Skrillex, Tyreese the Urban Zulu, and Ban$hee are making anything better.

Nothing positive has ever come from their rhetoric or their extremists actions.

They're a bunch of fucking parasites screaming their asses off about solutions all the while failing the realize they are the problem.

Here's an example of somebody trying to make things better:

[video=youtube;DSrbkPHC6Fo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSrbkPHC6Fo[video]

And here's an example of a fucking moron who just wants to point fingers and QQ her cunt off.

[video=youtube;fOFGx8WxxbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFGx8WxxbA[video]

And I'm interested in making a lot of changes to America but none of them have anything to do with attacking people for being White, or owning a gun, or putting a hula girl on their car dashboard, or wearing a Halloween costume.
    Maybe you should spend some time doing something meaningful, instead of watching "SJW" Youtube videos all day.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Freedom of speech isn't freedom from all consequences. The teacher probably shouldn't be working in a classroom. High School isn't the place to show off what a provocative educator you fancy yourself to be.

I realize this thread has nothing to do with the OP anymore. I thought it would be novel to make an entirely on-topic contribution in an MMO-champion social issue thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    OMFG - that can't be for real. I knew the SJW safe space crowd was batshit crazy but seriously???? Some white ass sounding chick presumes to know what is offensive to the people of the "continent of Hawaii"??

Maybe she should spend less time in her safe space and more time getting a fucking education.
    Did you see the part (2:00) where shes bragging about putting it up on Gawker and turning the guy into a meme and hes like "I've always wanted to be a meme".

Haha, at the time this happened Gawker was being shut down so jokes on this cunt.
    MAGA

Flag desecration laws were invalidated by the supreme court, so, never. You probably should have known that before posting a thread specifically about flag desecration.
    Oh I already was aware that the SC would bring challenge to it but the law is still on the books.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    They are really entertaining though
    I personally don't understand the fascination of watching stupid people do/say stupid things... Especially as one of the main daily activities. But whatever floats everyone's boats!