Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    That moment when you wake up and you realize that your party is no longer the party of Reagan, and that democrats are the new right wing.
    Weirdest thing this election is all the far right people jumping ship on conservatism and the people they used to label RINOS actually standing up for the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Weirdest thing this election is all the far right people jumping ship on conservatism and the people they used to label RINOS actually standing up for the movement.
    Well you can't have a conservative party and a Donald Trump presidency, it is one or the other. Trump is the tomb stone on The Conservative party and for some reason that isn't really as satisfying as I had always imagined it to be when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well you can't have a conservative party and a Donald Trump presidency, it is one or the other. Trump is the tomb stone on The Conservative party and for some reason that isn't really as satisfying as I had always imagined it to be when I was younger.
    Trump wins 90% of Republicans in polls. The intellectual/CATO/Libertarian/Paul Ryan conservative party was always BS. The thinking wing of the Republican party never had actual flesh and blood majority voter support, but it dominated in the big cities and donor pools. The meatbag voters were always Hannity/Limbaugh/Dittoheads who wanted to stick it to the Libs, Mexicans, Blacks, Muslims, and the Media. The entertainment wing finally got their candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    The entertainment wing finally got their candidate.
    Should have been Stephen Colbert instead. /sigh.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Trump wins 90% of Republicans in polls. The intellectual/CATO/Libertarian/Paul Ryan conservative party was always BS. The thinking wing of the Republican party never had actual flesh and blood majority voter support, but it dominated in the big cities and donor pools. The meatbag voters were always Hannity/Limbaugh/Dittoheads who wanted to stick it to the Libs, Mexicans, Blacks, Muslims, and the Media. The entertainment wing finally got their candidate.
    And those are essentially the ones who told the base that they can't trust politicians, even the ones in their own party and since Trump isn't a politician they are willing to look past anything else, no matter how horrendous or disqualifying, just to get someone who never was a politician before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for the Trump camp to actually disavow its association with the deporables when Trump has deplorable advisers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I can't believe this isn't dominating the new to be honest.
    Turns out no one much gives a shit about things that actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Turns out no one much gives a shit about things that actually matter.
    His campaign just generates so much bullshit that no bullshit ever stands out long enough for people to really care. He's basically exhausted our national ability to to process his own inadequacy.

His campaign just generates so much bullshit that no bullshit ever stands out long enough for people to really care. He's basically exhausted our national ability to to process his own inadequacy.
    I don't think your wrong, but I think it's obnoxious that most media outlets are so busy rabbling over whatever random stupid shit he says that they can't be bothered to pay attention to things like advisors with real conflicts of interest. It's one thing to elect someone with stupid ideas, it's entirely another to pick a guy with advisors that legitimately are aligned with the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think your wrong, but I think it's obnoxious that most media outlets are so busy rabbling over whatever random stupid shit he says that they can't be bothered to pay attention to things like advisors with real conflicts of interest. It's one thing to elect someone with stupid ideas, it's entirely another to pick a guy with advisors that legitimately are aligned with the enemy.
    The only right the US media cares about is the part of the one that lets them do their job. So long as he's not going after the press, which he's mostly laid off on, they're happy to go back to easily digested outrages as per the normal narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a legit campaign/political strategy that commonly talked about but not many employ because not many are actually as full of shit as D. Trump. The idea (I'm really not making this up) is to be so absurd that your your opposition can't counter what you throw out. Its worked for Trump so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Its a legit campaign/political strategy that commonly talked about but not many employ because not many are actually as full of shit as D. Trump. The idea (I'm really not making this up) is to be so absurd that your your opposition can't counter what you throw out. Its worked for Trump so far.
    Basically a Gish Gallop.

- - - Updated - - -

Another good example is that Vicente Fox got a fundraising letter from the Trump Campaign. You won't hear shit about how soliciting foreign donations is illegal though. Doesn't even scratch the surface.

10+ Year Old Account

I like how the entire comments section is nothing but memes and conspiracy theories trying to back up Trump, but in reality they are making all of them look retarded.

Deleted
    Secrets? We already know this. More like 10 Dark Things You Already Know About But You Don't Care About Because You're a Fucking Asshole

..Of Donald J. Trump

Here's the thing about this election:

Democrats accept that their candidate is awful. That's why she's doing so poorly.
    Republicans deny that their candidate is awful. That's why he's doing so well.

If the right was at all honest or the left had their levels of denial, this would be a Clinton landslide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Republicans deny that their candidate is awful. That's why he's doing so well.
    Oh, you haven't seen denial. I know you think you have, but just you fucking wait. The debate is tomorrow and Clinton's been putting out ads, tweeting, FBing, and putting on her website just flat-out lists of things Donald Trump has said and done in context. The debate is tomorrow but this is clearly her strategy: to fucking shove Donald Trump down his own throat until he chokes on his own words and actions. And the moderators are under Lauer-sized pressure to fact-check. You want to see denial? It's coming.

Pursuant to the discussion of US right wing media and the relation with Trump earlier in this thread, I highly recommend to anyone interested in the topic to read a piece by Jackie Calmes of the Shorenstein Center at Harvard Kennedy.

“They Don’t Give a Damn about Governing” Conservative Media’s Influence on the Republican Party by Jackie Calmes

It is an excellent narrative history of the pathology and evolution of conservative media in the United States.

The Counter Revolution against the "Ellites" is happening
    Western Democracy is at a turning point.

As people become more protectionist.
    They do not like People whom umpose laws on others (esp the left).

In Sydney Australia, you cannot have Christmas Carols
    because other migrant groups may be offended.

The truth is.. Migrants do not mind Western Christmas Carols.

But it is the political class lefty, democrats saying that they will be offended so ban them.

SO many People are going to use Trump as a message to the Western Democracy

GO GET FUCKED