Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The Blood of Sargeras vendor coming with 7.1 should help the situation. That, and more people reaching max Alchemy/Herbalism.
    As soon as that vendor hits, if blood/mat prices are low, we'll see that entire economy tank.

I have it from a close source that guilds such as Serenity and Method have actually paid for many transfers, asking specific players to buy ENTIRE realms plant production and migrating them to their realm.

This goes a long way to explain the plant issue EVEN in massively populated realms.

There's two sides to every coin.

If stuff is selling too high for you to afford to buy it.

SELL IT.

A couple days of fishing for the artifact fishing pole has not only covered a couple months of WoW for me (not that I care about the sub fee, but free is free), but its also covered basic raiding supplies for the next few weeks. (and a shiny new mount off the blackmarket). And this is only my personal anecdote. I'm certainly not the most hardcore fisher/gatherer in the guild.

Yes, they're going to do something about it.

....in 7.1, by introducing a vendor that sells crafting mats for Blood of Sargeras.

Why not introduce that sooner? I'm sitting on like 400 bloods because neither of my professions use them.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    This is what happens when people end an expansion with literally hundreds of thousands of gold, in many cases millions. Prices inflate. Blizz isn't going to tamper with that.
    I think the problem with this, as well as with Blizzard's support of it, is the assumption that A) everyone played that way and earned that massive pile of gold and B) everyone played last expansion. In real world economies, the entire world adjusting for this kind of inflation makes sense, because literally everyone has to participate in the market at some point - everyone needs bread, so everyone works, work gives enough money that bread prices inflate. In WoW economy - especially last expansion with garrisons, to an incredible degree - it's entirely possible to subsist without engaging in the market at all.

I think the garrison issue is an important one in particular, because it allowed raiders to forego the herbalism/alchemy market and get all of their own stuff without having to farm a dime. That's problematic now that they're stepping into a new expansion where things are different, and they're having to face the mass of AH tycoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I think the problem with this, as well as with Blizzard's support of it, is the assumption that A) everyone played that way and earned that massive pile of gold and B) everyone played last expansion. In real world economies, the entire world adjusting for this kind of inflation makes sense, because literally everyone has to participate in the market at some point - everyone needs bread, so everyone works, work gives enough money that bread prices inflate. In WoW economy - especially last expansion with garrisons, to an incredible degree - it's entirely possible to subsist without engaging in the market at all.

I think the garrison issue is an important one in particular, because it allowed raiders to forego the herbalism/alchemy market and get all of their own stuff without having to farm a dime. That's problematic now that they're stepping into a new expansion where things are different, and they're having to face the mass of AH tycoons.
    Do you believe that solutions like adding herbs to world quests or increasing node spawns will help suppress these large prices, or is something more direct required? Do you think the prices will indeed fall with the trader growing in popularity?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The professions in this game have literally never been worse, and that is saying something after how bad WoD professions were.
    Blizzard can never hit a happy medium, always makes a 180 degree turn. Profession in Legion are also infested with the disease that permeates whole WOW that is called "Blizzard RNG obsession".

Anyway atm I'm not potting and only using flasks for raids cuz guild requires, but not using them in mythic+.

Stack of starlight rose costs around 50k on my server.

The ranks on recipes are yet another "fuck you" from Blizzard to people who like to play alts, or had profession alts. Most alt unfriendly expansion with professions, artifact power, order hall upgrades, legendaries and generally Legion can be called a timesink expansion.

But people wanted to bring back vanilla / TBC where people farmed their ass off for black lotus or primal air.

Not gonna drop JC / Engi I had on my main since WOTLK and I'm attached to my recipe collection. But defo no point levelling them.

Getting DH herber alt when I can, but the amount of farm with dailies / mythic+ I have to do on main leaves me little time to do so.

Have herb shoulder enchant. Got 200+ of each herb from it so far EXCEPT Starlight Rose which I got a whopping... 17 out of it! Gee thanks. How generous of you Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post
    Yes, they announced 7.1 theres a vendor that gives you mats for 1 blood of sargeras. RIP
    5 starlight rose for 1 blood is complete trash more so with this also coming in 7.1. http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=229220/...rolonged-power
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-09-25 at 05:15 PM.

3k for flask isnt big issue, sure it hurts but you dont need that many during raid.
    1k per combatpotion for 10% dps increase though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They won't do anything.

Which is why I'll be fishing enchants and gems out of the bargain bin and using that re-usable pot from MoP in addition to the WoD reusable flask this expansion.

I'm not going to bankrupt myself just to squeeze out a bit more DPS for a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I started by herbing and making rank 3 pots/flasks, but then I discovered a way to get a lot of herbs in a short time so I'm just mass unloading them for 30k a stack...
    Why not share this method so everyone can start doing it and tank the prices?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the start of the expac, there's a higher demand than supply. Also, all you folks worried about inflation should do something about it instead of complain.

You know who can afford and is buying things at these prices? The people with crap tons of gold. Farm stuff, sell it to them, and help things get balanced again.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Why not share this method so everyone can start doing it and tank the prices?
    Because then he makes less money. Why would he want to lower prices that he is benefitting from like the rest of you should be?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    gather for 1-2 hours a week and you can afford all the flasks/pots you need for raiding. if you can spare 8 hours a week for raiding, you can spare 2 more for gold. Time needed will decrease over the course of the expansion
    No. I'm playing WoW because it's fun. I am raiding because it's fun.
    Running in circles, clicking on flowers is not fun. It's mind-numbing boring bullshit. I am not wasting 2 hours of my life doing this shit.

I can spare 8 hours a week for raiding because I actually want to. I do not want to waste 2 hours on farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    You don't want Blizzard to interfere with the economy.

As mentioned earlier, over time more and more people will retrieve more flowers, naturally driving the market price down.

Capitalism works best without intervention.
    It doesn't actually, the capitalism without regulation is a highly destructive thing. Slavery was quite effectively born thanks to a lack of regulations, and it was profitable for centuries (and it still is profitable in some countries today).

WoW's market is effectively a luxury market, where no essential goods exist (clothing, food, water, shelter, etc...). The thing is that there isn't any sort of skill needed to provide and sell those goods, just time. So what it comes down to is how much value people are assigning to their time. As WoD provided a massive amount of gold to anyone who was willing to put in a fairly small amount of effort, and Legion is actually providing quite a bit of gold too (I'm getting at least 1.2k/day just from doing an emissary set of WQs+CTA role bag).

Either farm your own shit or spend your gold, it isn't that different from spending 25g per pot when people rarely had gold up to 6 digits. I remember Golden Lotus selling for over 400g in the first week of MoP, so it isn't crazy to see herbs at 2-3x that price several weeks into an expansion where flying isn't enabled. No flying=slower farming, which means smaller supply without a diminished demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

We can still farm old raids for gold, cata has always brought a lot of gold and now wrath had its gold increased you can do that too.

So just shut up and accept people have gold while you dont

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    We can still farm old raids for gold, cata has always brought a lot of gold and now wrath had its gold increased you can do that too.

So just shut up and accept people have gold while you dont
    Yes, you can do EVERY Cataclysm raid and use the proceeds to afford a whopping... four potions. LOL.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    No, he is saying he can pick 5 starlight rose and sell them for enough to buy ONE potion
    Sounds about right to me...

Point is... the economy is balanced... if things are expensive, then you can make good gold selling the mats to create those expensive things. If the pots/flasks are cheap, then the items used to create those things are cheap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The reason costs are high per pot or flask is because they are based around rank 3 crafters where one pot and flask craft can proc up to 14 additional pots and flasks, on average i get 1/4th extra pots out of what I intended to craft. So if you are smart go alchemy and herbalism, I make around 80k gold per two hours, and that's just by farming starlight rose and converting it into pots.

To provide myself with raid consumables I spend around 2 hours per zone farming herbs.
    Can this be done on a toon that is not at level cap yet? My herb/alch toon is still 100 for the time being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Can this be done on a toon that is not at level cap yet? My herb/alch toon is still 100 for the time being.
    No. You need to do alchemy quests which require you to level to 110 and run dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Sorry, ingenious Blizzard decided to gate everything profession wise behind quests which quests have both level and "do previous quests in the line" prerequisites. Can't get recipes unless you're x level.

That's why shit is so expensive, people who used to have "profession alts" now are screwed unless they want to invest in those alts nearly as much as in their main. Yes, there are alchemy and herbalism quests that even require you to raid (I hope when LFR opens you can just tick them there).