Pala or Warr tank for Myth+?

Hello, fellas!

I'm running a small guild of friends and we are going to run myth+/LFR in Legion. I'm currently running myth on my PPaladin(846) - a bit ahead while my pals are choosing which char to main. What I see is while being sufficient in most scenarios, it also is pretty spiky, unstable and exhausting. I'm not sure our girly healer would be able to react fast enough to this yo-yo style (she is ok but a bit slow). And while I still have time to jump on warr, I'd like to ask if prot has more potential for 5 man content. I've heared that he provides smooth and predictable inc dmg and while have 0 self healing is still able to solo a boss in the end if all others die.

Would appreciate your help!

Choose what you want, we're on a buff/nerf rollercoaster.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I might be not clear enough soz. I understand ofc that devs can play with tanks tunes all the time, but I doubt the whole concept is gonna change. Palas concept is all about timing AM, dropping low and using self heal to go up again. I'm thinking of warr since I don't intend to rush for world tops or do some solo myth runs. Just stable relaxed play without that death cheating dance on Pala.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    This.
    And this is why you should pick paladin.
    War
    Prot gets shat on->DPS gets shat on->Cry.
    Paladin
    Prot gets shat on->DPS OR Healing gets shat on->Do the other until it gets shit on->Cry.

Deleted
    Wait til reset before you pick anything. Prot warriors might just be a burden on any Mythic + group from now on, just like we were a burden for challenge modes first half of WOD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Either or is fine now, and will be after the nerf. All tanks work fine for mythic+, with their own strengths and weaknesses.

For example, prot pally brings high sustain aoe tank DPS + good tank CDs.

Prot warrs have high damage taken sustain/mitigation, but less damage/aoe sustain but still bring good aoe burst + aoe stun.

Deleted
    Both are more than viable for whatever you're running, though I don't think Prot Paladins have been out of the top 2 spot since like Cataclysm so if that's not a hint...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    Wait til reset before you pick anything. Prot warriors might just be a burden on any Mythic + group from now on, just like we were a burden for challenge modes first half of WOD.
    The only time a Prot Warrior will be a burden is when it's being played by a bad player and as far as WoD goes, I'm not the only one who did them very early in the expansion (with a mistweaver ffs) with relatively no trouble.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    The only time a Prot Warrior will be a burden is when it's being played by a bad player and as far as WoD goes, I'm not the only one who did them very early in the expansion (with a mistweaver ffs) with relatively no trouble.
    This
    10/chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Both are more than viable for whatever you're running, though I don't think Prot Paladins have been out of the top 2 spot since like Cataclysm so if that's not a hint...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'm not the one who is searching for "top 1! best tank evar!" and no way I'm a fan of being a top dps on a tank (while ofc it is important). I just haven't played the game for almost 3 expansions. The mechanics have changed drasticly for me. I remember pala and warr being solid tanks with smoothing dmg with blocks and a lot of cds, not healing themselves for 50% hp all the time. Paladin seems a lot different to me now. While it is fun, I don't find it pleasant. More like an old DK style of dropping low and healing back. I'm not a huge fan of being a one-man-army guy with self healing. I'd rather be a sturdy jug and leave healing to healers while I can focus on reducing inc dmg and toying around with the boss. I can't make a real test for a warr since mine is at 80-s for ages, so I have to make a decision on my personal view on Pala and forum feedback. The feedback on warr is rather good all over - healers and warrs themselves seem to like it for being predictable. Pala is different. It is almopst impossible to do wrong on pala so it is even more obvious that it is all about mechanic that makes it less predictable to heal = more nervous (fun for some players) to play.

Deleted
    Not even remotely relevant what you or my personal experience was. I did them as Prot warrior and Blood and ofcourse anything is easy if you have a solid group you're in sync with that can kill huge packs so fast that they don't have time to cause problems, but for pugs and average low dps/low healing groups DK's/Monks were pretty much a requirement at the time.

Pug CM groups were not looking for prot warriors in early WoD. Infact most of them flat out said "no warriors" when they advertised for a tank. Atleast from what I saw in tradechat and forums at the time. Prot warriors were, as I said, concidered a burden by the majority of CM players. Again, comparatively.

Deleted
    Protection warrior is one of strongest tank classes atm. Dont even compare to a paladin who has had 3 nerfs to his self heal.
    Actually its the opposite pala is probably the worse tank right now. Other than aoe bubble taunt and infinite interrupts its useless.A 700k heal when u are beeing hit by 15mobs its not gonna save u .

On the other hand a 100% crit block defensive followed by any minor cooldown will give time to your healer to top you off.
    Last edited by mmoc9ca730a284; 2016-09-27 at 08:18 AM.