Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demonology Low DPS on raids?

Hello guys,

Who feel that Demo`s are pretty weak in EN?

even if in Mythic`s and Mythic`s+ DPS still good when I enter in EN my dps decrease too much,

Any advices to try a DPS improve or just wait the hotfix?

7+ Year Old Account
    sorta
    in fights you need to move alot your fucked, destro is better, but in fights you dont need to move often like ursoc, xavius, etc, you can pull pretty good numbers... even with the buffs coming next week to locks

mythic+ and such your basicly fucked as a demo lock, on anything other then bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, it's just heavily outclassed, however, sims are showing that demo will be the highest single target damage dealer after the patch, but we still retain the problem of being HEAVILY affected by any movement. The best thing to do for now is to learn the fight as well as you can to try to plan around movement so that it minimally interrupts your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    mythic+ and such your basicly fucked as a demo lock, on anything other then bosses
    Not true whatsoever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    Not true whatsoever.
    ? do you have logs of a demo lock beating a fire mage, MM hunter, unholy dk, or havoc DH in aoe?

7+ Year Old Account
    Would you consider Il'gynoth AoE? If so here's our demo lock beating a fire mage 5 ilvl's higher than him. This was on normal

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=17

? do you have logs of a demo lock beating a fire mage, MM hunter, unholy dk, or havoc DH in aoe?
    Not being able to beat the most powerful AoE in the game on short lived trash doesn't mean you're fucked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    Not being able to beat the most powerful AoE in the game on short lived trash doesn't mean you're fucked.
    yeah it pretty much does, because why take a warlock, when you could take a mage, hunter, dk, monk, who could all do muc hmuch better dps aoe wise, and who cares about bosses in mythic+

I'm currently running demo in Mythic + and while it is true that we cant beat fire, mm, or havoc on trash pack, it is far from being bscially fucked up. Usually trash pack in like mythic 5+ have significant amount of hp and live long enough for doom to tick. also what I do is squeezing as many service and infernal as I can into trash packs, with service alone i usually get around 400+k for like sustained aoe 4-5 target, guess that wasn't too bad.

PS. this week bolstering pretty much fucks up trash pack aoe so badly lmao.
    Last edited by Ibanism; 2016-09-26 at 05:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Would you consider Il'gynoth AoE? If so here's our demo lock beating a fire mage 5 ilvl's higher than him. This was on normal

Overall DPS is extremely low, the fact that elem shaman outdps'd both destros, rogue and mage basically tells it all.

Deleted
    Sims don;t mean much at all, which is why Blizz don;t use them

They are mor elikely to balance around what the majority of players are achieving - demo's potential dps is rebalanced by the difficulty in achieving it, most players will never get that maximum

The maximum in sims is all by computers who do everything flawlessly - out of the top like ten player sin the world that just doesn;t happen

So they made demo "overpowered" because it's strength counterbalances the fact that top performanc eis beyond the reach of so many players

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post

I think that just says the fire mage has issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Sims don;t mean much at all, which is why Blizz don;t use them

They are mor elikely to balance around what the majority of players are achieving - demo's potential dps is rebalanced by the difficulty in achieving it, most players will never get that maximum

The maximum in sims is all by computers who do everything flawlessly - out of the top like ten player sin the world that just doesn;t happen

So they made demo "overpowered" because it's strength counterbalances the fact that top performanc eis beyond the reach of so many players

- - - Updated - - -

I think that just says the fire mage has issues.
    To clarify, looking at the premade patchwerk sims on the simulationcraft.org main page is bad - yes. They don't mean anything other than showing the max potential on a complete standstill fight and not a single mistake made. Unless changes to the previous models have been made.

Using sims in general is not bad at all though. You can tailor your sims to fit reality pretty well, bar the odd RNG of being targeted more by shit and thus having to move more often.

In the end, it's all math either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    To clarify, looking at the premade patchwerk sims on the simulationcraft.org main page is bad - yes. They don't mean anything other than showing the max potential on a complete standstill fight and not a single mistake made. Unless changes to the previous models have been made.

Using sims in general is not bad at all though. You can tailor your sims to fit reality pretty well, bar the odd RNG of being targeted more by shit and thus having to move more often.

Sims are great for gear checks\stat priorities\consumables not so good for DPS guides, sure you can use them as a very rough guide for where your DPS should be but even at their best they are not exact.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Demo is great for nythendra and ursoc , xavius is situational, if you guild dont need you killing adds and focus boss you're great. But dps wise destro is better siince he can kill adds with havoc and exploit the 901238109328 tentacles at last phase immolating some of them and getting infinite shards for chaos bolt spam and havoc to cleave them and do even more dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post

Yes, but it's pretty hard to sim a demonology warlock played by a human being - I suspect even Blizzard's own sims (likely better than anyone else's) struggle to accurately reflect the "human factor"

And there can be no doubt that dmeonology is probably one of themost "fragile" specs around, it punishes even the slightest mistake very heavily, not least because of it;s huge rampup: break the flow and you have to start pretty much from 0 up to that 14 seconds maximum again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    Demo is great for nythendra and ursoc , xavius is situational, if you guild dont need you killing adds and focus boss you're great. But dps wise destro is better siince he can kill adds with havoc and exploit the 901238109328 tentacles at last phase immolating some of them and getting infinite shards for chaos bolt spam and havoc to cleave them and do even more dps.
    You can also dump Agony on them and have unlimited supplies of shards

I do that in Darkheart, the thistle things can be dotted.

DIRECTED AT POST #8

If you are AOE'ing in this fight your doing it wrong. You should only aoe the blood blobs when they get stacked under the eye, if you try to only AOE on higher difs, your tanks are going to melt.
    Last edited by Arcanines; 2016-09-26 at 09:13 AM. Reason: to fix qoute
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Since we're talking about EN and Mythic isn't unlocked yet it's simply also not necessary. On our runs we tend to distribute the damage, so for example on Il'gynoth and Cenarius 1-2 Demon Hunters/MM Hunters/WW Monk can blow the bloods/wisps up in 3 globals.
    As a result I simply don't even bother with AoE on those fights as any AoE from me would just be padding. I focus on taking down priority targets like tentacles/trees with Wreak Havoc, only pumping the occasional shadow burn snipe on the AoE adds, with Wreak Havoc still on a longer-lived add, pretty much just fishing for shards.

If other classes can blow up AoE groups in 3 globals it doesn't mean Locks should also compete on those, it means we should focus on different tasks which line up with where our strengths lie. Again, not talking about Mythic yet as I have no idea how long said AoE adds live on those fights.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2016-09-26 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    PS. this week bolstering pretty much fucks up trash pack aoe so badly lmao.
    No it doesn't, it actually makes aoe even better, and more important...
    Last edited by Obsession; 2016-09-26 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    I have yet to see a demonology warlock pass the 200k barrier. While destruction warlocks, although few in numbers, can with ease reach 200k and beyond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    I have yet to see a demonology warlock pass the 200k barrier. While destruction warlocks, although few in numbers, can with ease reach 200k and beyond.
    The reason for that might be that many warlocks play mainly destruction, cause word since prepatch had it it would be the "go to" spec for raiding, meaning they havent practiced much demo. And Demo is very unforgiving.

I am your average guy, but i have played allmost exclusively demonology since prepatch. So am i comfortable with the spec, dealing with movement and i can pay attention to encounter mechanics without fucking up my rotations. So far i usually dont have problems to be above 200k. I am sure many better players than me can do better.

Ps. I dont have any legendary, 847 ivl, 37% haste though unbuffed
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-09-26 at 12:40 PM.