Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Definitely not true for the elite area the OP is talking about, their leash distance is enormous. The only way I could reset them was by heading out into the water (luckily I play Priest so I could levitate) and running so far out that I could barely see land.
    Oh? I don't have problems resetting them. Well, the only problem is, you most likely pull some more by trying. Hehe. But mostly for me, just run a block or two, or swim a little out and they scoot back.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    as i said they are spread very tight and sometimes literally overlap detection theres no way to hide
    There is though. Some areas are harder to move around in then others or in some cases you are forced to fight a guard to get to the quest item/person in a building. So you fight them and don't run all over pulling in more mobs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    4.: There are small red baskets you can hide in from the guards, as well as re-apply your disguise.
    These do not exist in the ELITE areas which is what the OP is asking about.

Best advice I can give is to run in water areas, the big fountain area in the elite area is a good safe spot, the NPC's will not follow you in there and reset. As suggested by others, there are a few NPC's who sell items for Ancient Mana that help in the elite area as well. Avoid Demons, they detect almost instantly but the regular NPC's take a few seconds. It's definitely an annoying area because of there not being any baskets to hide in but once you figure out what areas the NPC's will not follow, it's pretty simple to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Definitely not true for the elite area the OP is talking about, their leash distance is enormous. The only way I could reset them was by heading out into the water (luckily I play Priest so I could levitate) and running so far out that I could barely see land.
    That is a bit extreme. You might have to swim into the bay a bit. It is in no way so far that you can barely see land, even if you have your distance set to the lowest setting. The fact that other people can and have done some of these daily goes to show there are ways to finish them and not die over and over or swim miles to freedom.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    When I did those on my mage I died so many times my gear was at 0% when I finished, and would have been in the negatives if it went that low. All of the comments on wowhead suggested to just take all your gear off and work your way towards your quest goals by corpse running over and over.

If there is a better way to do it, I never found it.
    You can polymorph the detectors and just simply walk by them or even stand on top of them. It helped me in a couple situations.

Deleted
    am i doing something wrong ?
    Yes, you are.

This is a zone you are supposed to access with a group (It's group content).

Regardless: I soloed them.
    It's 2 quests if i recall correctly:
    - 1st one is to find the guy at the harbor (no fighting needed)
    - 2nd one is to kill that guy down by the "river"... He is preety remote to others so if you pop CDs you will be able to solo him.

Moving around shouldn't be much of a problem either; you just need:
    - Some foresight (Try to keep a vision field)
    - Never run straight trough a guard (You can pretty much dodge most casts if you don't go trough the longest possible path)

Use a slowfall ability from upstairs to land near the quest npcs. I used the kite and was able to just drop right onto the quest objectives. For the quest to save the son I swam around in the water until i reached the boat.
    Last edited by Kraddark; 2016-09-26 at 08:04 AM.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Mount up... Ride through them.

Hope your parrot doesn't distract you and you end up stuck on some tiny bit of landscape - Get to quest giver just in time and get new quest & die.

If don't get caught up on things, just keep on mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    When I did those on my mage I died so many times my gear was at 0% when I finished, and would have been in the negatives if it went that low. All of the comments on wowhead suggested to just take all your gear off and work your way towards your quest goals by corpse running over and over.

If there is a better way to do it, I never found it.
    You can mount. Who doesn't have a repair mount by now??
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done all the quests in Suramar and never died once and I think outside of quests that actively make you kill someone I was detected maybe twice.

How are people so awful at the detection mechanic.

as i said they are spread very tight and sometimes literally overlap detection theres no way to hide

Amazing how I manage just fine.

On my DH I did a bit of corpse running to get to the last rare I hadn't killed in that area. Interesting how they made the rares easier than the trash there btw. As others have said try to CC the mobs if your class has an incap of sorts, avoid the demons and use a glider and the top of buildings for safety. As for the actual quests there they are pretty easy as a self-healing tank (monk tank might struggle, but lol monk tanks anyway). If you are a mage or something you might want to just use the group finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    My best trick, is to use the canals..

They are quick to navigate, when going far, and if you are discovered, run to the water and swim away... They will not follow you..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Some parts are just suppose to be done with a group to make it less annoying. Invite some guild mates or hit the finder. Usually always someone looking.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love that part of Suramar, it's a real danger but also something you can deal with if you play it smart and be patient. Just bearn in mind that demons detect faster and at a larger radius so you need to avoid them at all cost, the others won't detect you in time if mounted, unless you run straight at them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love that part of the city. Reminds me of the old elite zones in classic, like that troll city in the hinterlands (Jinthralor?).

Just be sneaky. Keep your eyes open for patrols, use class specific abilities like hooks, leaps, invisibility or stealth to get to sweet spots and look for sweetspots to relax for a second a plan your next move. Nothing is worse then triggering a detection by accident and then frantically speed around, triggering more and more. That´s desatrous.
    Jump down from the upper terrace, using gliders or class abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    I did it solo. Killed as few elites as possible, but died a few times. After finishing those two quests I had to pay 192g. They were a pain, and I got pretty frustrated a few times.
    But.. It is done, not easy but still possible to solo.
    If I had to do them again I would group up with other players

7+ Year Old Account
    how am i supposed to move around elite part of suramar city ?? detectors are so tightly spread there is no way i can go by unnoticed and as they are elite i cannot just kill them.
    ive got 2 quests there, to save some kid and undermine houses. im afraid there will be even more quests in that area.

i thought questing and doing world quest around west suramar was bad but this just makes me avoid suramar at all. i cant push nightfallen progress further.

am i doing something wrong ?
    In the elite part of Suramar, you are really supposed to go in with a group and fight your way through. Unless you fall down from the vineyards into the area, it is nearly impossible to get past the demonic guards So either do a couple of corpse-runs or find a group, which is farming the mobs in there
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMetzen View Post
    I bet you guys wish you could use your flying mounts so that you wouldn't have to deal with all that bullshit. Hah!
    That would be silly. You still can´t take on a patrol of 3 as a non-tank and thus you would still need to group up. Flying would literally not solve the problem of being there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    If you're away from the shield and your disguise is being broken, maybe you have some latency issues, or at best, a temporary bug. I have never had issues with my disguise breaking after being out of the circle.

I think it's also worth pointing out that not all the guards will dispel your disguise. I've encounter a few groups here and there that don't do anything if you run right past them.
    I'm going to experiment and try and see if it'll trigger if I stand a character's foot length from the outer rim, if it was still trigger. We'll see!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I'm going to experiment and try and see if it'll trigger if I stand a character's foot length from the outer rim, if it was still trigger. We'll see!
    tl;dr: jettzypher, you are absolutely right! Not only right, but it seems it's actually pretty forgiving, sort of!

https://youtu.be/tL6EEuDLY1Q