Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Almost as if this happens every first raid tier. You get those either returning players or those that say this expansion they want to raid and they almost always run out of steam and desire right around the first raid tier.
    Also every guild thinks that this will be the expansion they are serious and be a heroic/mythic guild.
    Usually takes the first raid tier for a guild to realize who they are.
    Also the tuning changes.

This tier, normal mode is actually where it should be for F+F, which is great. HC is much more brutal than last time out though and the gap is wider. (No idea about mythic and don't want to know either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I fail to see how showing up enchanted/gemmed/flasked/potions/food/knowledge of class/fight is hardcore?
    That's the standard on my server, and most servers. Hell it's even the standard in most PUG's.
    Have you seen the insane prices for gems, enchants, flasks and potions? Also unlike other expansion it is hard to get alts up and especially professions of said alts up to make those things.
    Also did you not know this is the first raid tier where players are for the first time playing thier toons in a raid?
    It might take more than a night for the players to relearn thier class.
    If you want hardcore raiding you should of joined a hardcore guild.
    They clearly stated they were casual. As for taking profession serious that can mean many different things.
    One thing progression means is there will be wipes but maybe to them taking it seriously means fighting/struggling thru the wipes to progress.
    What this whole thread is about when all said and done is the op thinks he is better than his guild and good for him find another one.
    Why wouldn't you of been with your friend and his guild in the first place? Why would you join the guild you did? To feel better than them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Have you seen the insane prices for gems, enchants, flasks and potions? Also unlike other expansion it is hard to get alts up and especially professions of said alts up to make those things.
    Also did you not know this is the first raid tier where players are for the first time playing thier toons in a raid?
    It might take more than a night for the players to relearn thier class.
    If you want hardcore raiding you should of joined a hardcore guild.
    They clearly stated they were casual. As for taking profession serious that can mean many different things.
    One thing progression means is there will be wipes but maybe to them taking it seriously means fighting/struggling thru the wipes to progress.
    What this whole thread is about when all said and done is the op thinks he is better than his guild and good for him find another one.
    Why wouldn't you of been with your friend and his guild in the first place? Why would you join the guild you did? To feel better than them?
    Wow, WoD did really make fuckers lazy.

Read the post in which I said: create a community amongst your guild where herbalist picks flowers->sends flowers to alchemist->make flasks/pots. etc etc for every thing else. Y'know, shit you did back in Vanilla/BC when gold was harder to make.

And re-learn their class? Most of the class changes happened in the pre-patch, which came out more than a month before Legion, let alone raids did. If it takes you that long to re-learn how to push some buttons, then you might want go do something else.

Deleted
    Hello guys, i created a guild for the sole purpose of clearing hc every sunday for every Tier in Legion and after Legion instead of pugging or joining a bad slack guild like the one many of you are describing.

The majority of us have cleared mythic and the old heroic pre-nerf since vanilla, some of us even raided top 50 world at times.

We made this guild because we no longer have time to hardcore raid, but still want to clear heroic easily every week.

Anyone who is interested can whisper me at Zhen#2368

The guild is EU Alliance! Also, if you find heroic raiding the slightest challenging and dont see it as a pushover like LFR you probably shouldnt waste your time however, we are "casual" but we are not bad.

I really wonder how this escalated quickly.
    A random guy @Veshx hijacks a whole thread and turns it into his diary,where he expresses his disappointment about his previous guild,by running ahead of the train, by pugging a raid instead of running it with his guild.Heck,why do you need a guild then if you're are too good for them?This if a fine example,how somebody turns his own ambitions of progression over the interests of the guild he has been in for some time.If you really would care about your,awesome guildmates as you say,you wouldn't act like that.You would wait for the first raid,you would freakin wipe with them,and then you would have a freakin right to give some advices.On the other hand,you try to position yourself as a knowitall,professional mythic hardcore raider,who lended few hours of his time for some kind of "filthy" casuals you call your guild mates,who not only forgot to roll the red carpet for you,but as well dared to spend hours of your "expensive" time wiping.
    The fact,that your raid leader didn't read up and that others didn't bother to get flasks for the raid - yea,that is not an excuse,but nobody is forcing you to raid with them,it's your own choice.The way you're presenting yourself here,allows me to presume,that your "advice" for the raid leader would sound like "WTF you all fuckin noobs doing....".By all that you have written,I have to tell you,sir, that you sound like one arrogant douchebag and I don't think,that the fact,that you left your previous guild,would be a huge loss for them.
    Last edited by Felixon; 2016-09-26 at 10:27 AM.

These people should have been weeded out during their trial period

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I really wonder how this escalated quickly.
    A random guy @Veshx hijacks a whole post and turns it into his diary,where he expresses his disappointment about his previous guild,by running ahead of the train, by pugging a raid instead of running it with his guild.Heck,why do you need a guild then if you're are too good for them?This if a fine example,how somebody turns his own ambitions of progression over the interests of the guild he has been in for some time.If you really would care about your,awesome guildmates as you say,you wouldn't act like that.You would wait for the first raid,you would freakin wipe with them,and then you would have a freakin right to give some advices.On the other hand,you try to position yourself as a knowitall,professional mythic hardcore raider,who lended few hours of his time for some kind of "filthy" casuals you call your guild mates,who not only forgot to roll the red carpet for you,but as well dared to spend hours of your "expensive" time wiping.
    The fact,that your raid leader didn't read up and that others didn't bother to get flasks for the raid - yea,that is not an excuse,but nobody is forcing you to raid with them,it's your own choice.The way you're presenting yourself here,allows me to presume,that your "advice" for the raid leader would sound like "WTF you all fuckin noobs doing....".By all that you have written,I have to tell you,sir, that you sound like one arrogant douchebag and I don't think,that the fact,that you left your previous guild,would be a huge loss for them.

Write about me more, I love how infatuated you've become with me.

Write about me more, I love how infatuated you've become with me.
    The truth hurts,I get it.

The truth hurts,I get it.
    I mean, you wrote a short story about me. Might want to look in the mirror to find the truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    All raids except mythic are flex raids. Kick the 10 players and have them form a second team. 30 man raids aren't ideal anyway.
    I am in no organisational position to make that decision. I agree with you that 30 man raids are annoying. I would love to raid as 20 man, but we are no pro guild anyways.

I could bring it to the guilds leader attention that some people are heavily underperforming though

I mean, you wrote a short story about me. Might want to look in the mirror to find the truth.
    If you see no difference between the summary about how you're trying to prove 90% of forum users of how dumb they're because they disagree with your views and writing a story,I would recommend you to stop using some dumb,childish offenses towards me,close your internet browser in your telephone and pay attention to your english class.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I am in no organisational position to make that decision. I agree with you that 30 man raids are annoying. I would love to raid as 20 man, but we are no pro guild anyways.

I could bring it to the guilds leader attention that some people are heavily underperforming though
    If they did not know that, they should not be in a management position. And if they know, they accept it.
    So instead I would make a topic on your guildforum and explain that you have some reservations concerning the 30 people mode. And that seeing as your team sorta has 20 pretty decent guys and 10 not so decent guys, this plan would make a difference in terms of enjoyment.

Then as the chaos surrounding your question will pick up momentum as everyone of those underperformers are feeling as if THEY are responsible for that post.. will make responses and situations where you fucked up or had bad dps that ONE time. Or that they would threaten to leave the guild (which is actually what a guild would want) but management is too scared to see who would be left after the exodus of bads... Because usually baddies have a few well performing buddies who the guild does not want to lose...

If you see no difference between the summary about how you're trying to prove 90% of forum users of how dumb they're because they disagree with your views and writing a story,I would recommend you to stop using some dumb,childish offenses towards me,close your internet browser in your telephone and pay attention to your english class.
    Yeah, you might want to pay attention in your english, grammar and composition classes aswell.
    Because they are shit.

Yeah, you might want to pay attention in your english, grammar and composition classes aswell.
    Because they are shit.
    You do know that people will be more sympathetic to your cause when you treat them a bit better right? And do not start about who started first. It does not matter. Or simply do not respond to them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been in this situations a few times. I just recently left a guild with great people for a guild with dedicated raiders. I can feel the difference in social aspects but this might be the last addon I can fully enjoy due to work and I´d rather raid properly.

Doesn´t mean I cut ties with the old guild and since they are nice people they didn´t take me leaving personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    You do know that people will be more sympathetic to your cause when you treat them a bit better right? And do not start about who started first. It does not matter. Or simply do not respond to them.
    I really don't care if people are sympathetic or not.

The point I am trying to make to the other poster is: If you personally attack someone for something, you should first make sure your shit doesn't stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Been in this situations a few times. I just recently left a guild with great people for a guild with dedicated raiders. I can feel the difference in social aspects but this might be the last addon I can fully enjoy due to work and I´d rather raid properly.

Doesn´t mean I cut ties with the old guild and since they are nice people they didn´t take me leaving personally.
    Do you feel the difference in social aspects because it is not a club of friends yet? Or is the guild filled with people who you don't deem worthy of friendship? If it is the latter.. you know you can have both right? Just keep looking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    If they did not know that, they should not be in a management position. And if they know, they accept it.
    So instead I would make a topic on your guildforum and explain that you have some reservations concerning the 30 people mode. And that seeing as your team sorta has 20 pretty decent guys and 10 not so decent guys, this plan would make a difference in terms of enjoyment.

Then as the chaos surrounding your question will pick up momentum as everyone of those underperformers are feeling as if THEY are responsible for that post.. will make responses and situations where you fucked up or had bad dps that ONE time. Or that they would threaten to leave the guild (which is actually what a guild would want) but management is too scared to see who would be left after the exodus of bads... Because usually baddies have a few well performing buddies who the guild does not want to lose...
    This.

I'm very open about not wanting to do hardcore progression, but a lot of players won't openly say "im fine with us not being the best in the universe" because they fear losing people. Bit silly, theres plenty of people out there who accept lower progression for a more relaxed atmosphere.

I'd rather lose better players who were pushy than nub players who were nice. Everyones got their thing they like and either way its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Roughly same for me. We raid as 30 people and we have about 10 that are holding us back heavily. This week we had a DD DH that did 90K dps on a fight.

I simply can't tell them they are bad players. I feel so bad for them
    Do the same was he did. We cleared normal with 30 and we cutting now to HC. So ppl will still gear up in normal raid and mythic dungeons and the best geared will start HC progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    This.

I'm very open about not wanting to do hardcore progression, but a lot of players won't openly say "im fine with us not being the best in the universe" because they fear losing people. Bit silly, theres plenty of people out there who accept lower progression for a more relaxed atmosphere.

I'd rather lose better players who were pushy than nub players who were nice. Everyones got their thing they like and either way its fine.
    I mean, I am not trying to be cutting edge top 10 or even top 500 guild.

But when I take 4 hours out of my life twice a week to sit down with people who just want to fuck off?