Can mages not counter missions with Blizzard till 110?

Im leveling a mage and my missions for Vargoth require blizzard counters... but unlessIm blind you cant counter it till after 110 when you get Meryl and Archmage? Not counting millhouse cause he doubles time. So.. you cant ever fully counter the missions to get the dude to counter missions? D=
    I do not fear death. It's just dreaming in silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is not a "Frost" thing, it's one of the extra debuffs that you can counter, but don't have to. And yeah, you can't counter them until 110, but there are other classes who are in the same situation. You only have 4 champions until level 110, they can't cover everything.

Edited the title to be more precise.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Blizzard is not a "Frost" thing, it's one of the extra debuffs that you can counter, but don't have to. And yeah, you can't counter them until 110, but there are other classes who are in the same situation. You only have 4 champions until level 110, they can't cover everything.

Edited the title to be more precise.
    Damn. DH made me think missions were easy then. DH got all counters till 110 and then countered all of those. Didnt know. Thanks for the clarification and fix. =(

Unspun, if you've been around for WoD, you'll find that the Champion system is drastically changed from the Follower system.

Some counters are not required as they don't actually reduce success chance. Back in WoD, everything uncountered simply reduced your chance to complete the mission. With Legion, only the Crossed Swords (or "Powerful") icons will reduce success chance. The other things are:
    - Swirly (Disorienting): Doubles cost of mission (in resources) per icon
    - Hourglass (Slowing): Doubles duration of mission per icon
    - Green Skull (Lethal): All troops on this mission will be killed regardless of their vitality (easier way to counter this is either bring 1 Vitality troops or none at all!)
    - Purple Flame (Cursed): You cannot go above 100% success chance and therefore cannot obtain the Bonus Loot for the mission

Anything without a Powerful icon doesn't need to be countered to get a high success chance, and Powerful will always be on Specialization (Arcane/Fire/Frost), and uncommonly on the 110 abilities (like Blizzard). You typically won't find a 2-Powerful mission until the much higher iLvls like 850 though.

In addition to all of the above, you can send a single Champion on a mission alone! This is new from the WoD model as you were forced to send the maximum number of Followers on a mission regardless of success chance.

Hope that cleared up a few things!

TL;DR: You don't need to counter everything to 100% missions (or even 200% for that matter with the exception of Cursed).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Unspun, if you've been around for WoD, you'll find that the Champion system is drastically changed from the Follower system.

Some counters are not required as they don't actually reduce success chance. Back in WoD, everything uncountered simply reduced your chance to complete the mission. With Legion, only the Crossed Swords (or "Powerful") icons will reduce success chance. The other things are:
    - Swirly (Disorienting): Doubles cost of mission (in resources) per icon
    - Hourglass (Slowing): Doubles duration of mission per icon
    - Green Skull (Lethal): All troops on this mission will be killed regardless of their vitality (easier way to counter this is either bring 1 Vitality troops or none at all!)
    - Purple Flame (Cursed): You cannot go above 100% success chance and therefore cannot obtain the Bonus Loot for the mission

Anything without a Powerful icon doesn't need to be countered to get a high success chance, and Powerful will always be on Specialization (Arcane/Fire/Frost), and uncommonly on the 110 abilities (like Blizzard). You typically won't find a 2-Powerful mission until the much higher iLvls like 850 though.

In addition to all of the above, you can send a single Champion on a mission alone! This is new from the WoD model as you were forced to send the maximum number of Followers on a mission regardless of success chance.

Hope that cleared up a few things!

TL;DR: You don't need to counter everything to 100% missions (or even 200% for that matter with the exception of Cursed).
    Oh, Im already well into legion. This is my second alt. Just DH missions had all counters. Im not used to have a forced mission with stuff I cant counter so Im forced to eat a 16h mission cause I can't counter with blizzard. My demon hunter is already done with everything class hall long ago. Everything took straight 12h for her and so this is new to me. I guess warrior will be even more of a wake up when they have 24h missions with counters.

Edit: Im also not looking for 100% but duration. 16h missions grind my gears. It means I need to wake up at like 1am now to go to my next mission, hence this topic to see if I was missing something, which I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspunreality View Post
    Oh, Im already well into legion. This is my second alt. Just DH missions had all counters. Im not used to have a forced mission with stuff I cant counter so Im forced to eat a 16h mission cause I can't counter with blizzard. My demon hunter is already done with everything class hall long ago. Everything took straight 12h for her and so this is new to me. I guess warrior will be even more of a wake up when they have 24h missions with counters.

Edit: Im also not looking for 100% but duration. 16h missions grind my gears. It means I need to wake up at like 1am now to go to my next mission, hence this topic to see if I was missing something, which I wasn't.
    My DH isn't past L100 yet so I don't even have the mission table (only toon past 100 is my Druid atm who is 110), but I'd assume they have more things to deal with due to the nature of only having 2 specs, so they can counter the specializations significantly easier, having a 2/3 setup instead of a 2/2/1 setup like all other classes.

Side-Note: Druid Champions only have 3 specs like all other classes for the record. Guardian isn't a specialization for our Champs.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

My DH isn't past L100 yet so I don't even have the mission table (only toon past 100 is my Druid atm who is 110), but I'd assume they have more things to deal with due to the nature of only having 2 specs, so they can counter the specializations significantly easier, having a 2/3 setup instead of a 2/2/1 setup like all other classes.

Side-Note: Druid Champions only have 3 specs like all other classes for the record. Guardian isn't a specialization for our Champs.
    DH still has outcast, well that's the third spec anyway. Its simply that we get an early outcast champion iirc OR it's not used in missions. But they still have 3 specs, Outcast, Veng, Havoc. Spoilers!

But as for missions they can counter atleast all the time increase hazards so theyre always either 8h for the first 5(iirc) or 12 for the second 5. Hence my mage confusion.

DH actually have 3 specs aswell, so its same there for everyone