Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ppl keeps praising BM in mythic+ - why ?

Im a hunter myself, but i just dont see why you think we should be that good in mythic+ ?

What talents are you using ?

stampede

/10animals
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

it's not so much that Bm is better, it's more about the fact that MM hunter use barrage and sidewinder which pull half the continent every time it's casted.

AoE without pulling half the dungeon, Mobility, Stampede, Bloodlust, Battlerezz.

Deleted
    Ya but anybody worth taking to 7+ knows how to position so they don't accidentally aoe, it's not like the AOE is unpredictable. TBH I have't tried BM myself yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    TBH I have't tried BM myself yet
    This is exactly what every single person I have heard question why BM is good says.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    it's not so much that Bm is better, it's more about the fact that MM hunter use barrage and sidewinder which pull half the continent every time it's casted.
    Which just means your hunter has to have a minimal ammount of brain cells. I've run happily 2x MM mythic+ without issues. The aoe dps is excellent while allowing movement and clear spead without dying is what it's all about.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-09-26 at 10:37 AM.

BM is great AoE, and decent boss DPS/Damage with few AP needed. Of course it will be better the higher points needed, but it requires a lot more (26 points for the final gold trait)

Sure with propper positioning you will evade pulling extra shit the majority of the time. But there are instances where this just won't matter. Pulling shit from the sky, through walls, or the occasional snap when the mob jumps or teleports. MM has to worry about this, and occasionally has to avoid using Barrage in tight situations when avoiding specific mobs. BM does not have to worry about this for AoE. Ontop of that they also bring good utility.

Personally I raid as MM. And dungeon as BM. I personally prefer doing dungeon bosses as MM, so in Mythics and Heroics I'll switch to MM then back to BM for trash. Of course can't do this in Mythic+ so that's kinda a bummer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerothian View Post
    This is exactly what every single person I have heard question why BM is good says.
    Yup! From what I can understand just looking at the skills is the consistent aoe DPS seems a bit higher. You're not relying on your SW to proc for awesome burst damage. Like sometimes I can stack SW twice with no proc, haste is fairly high as well, this leads to really inconstant aoe damage. Stomp for BM however is just on a straight CD, along with the golden traits looking slightly better as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    BM is great AoE, and decent boss DPS/Damage with few AP needed. Of course it will be better the higher points needed, but it requires a lot more (26 points for the final gold trait)

Sure with propper positioning you will evade pulling extra shit the majority of the time. But there are instances where this just won't matter. Pulling shit from the sky, through walls, or the occasional snap when the mob jumps or teleports. MM has to worry about this, and occasionally has to avoid using Barrage in tight situations when avoiding specific mobs. BM does not have to worry about this for AoE. Ontop of that they also bring good utility.

Personally I raid as MM. And dungeon as BM. I personally prefer doing dungeon bosses as MM, so in Mythics and Heroics I'll switch to MM then back to BM for trash. Of course can't do this in Mythic+ so that's kinda a bummer.
    This sounds pretty accurate. Actually going to dump points towards my first golden train as BM tonight to test it out. Saying that I just rerolled last week so I think my 2nd golden trait might be more important at this point

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Which just means your hunter has to have a minimal ammount of brain cells. I've run happily 2x MM mythic+ without issues. The aoe dps is excellent while allowing movement and clear spead without dying is what it's all about.
    they still aggroed some seaguls from the sky using barrage and if you tell me otherwise then you are a liar

Deleted
    Stampede can make very tricky large trash packs trivial as the dps it puts out on multiple stacked mobs is extremely high, especially paired with BM's super high dps on clustered aoe anyway. For timed runs, it's a massive timesaver. Also it allows me to run a bloodlust pet as our usual mythic+ setup doesn't include a bloodlust class.

Deleted
    BM first and second gold trait + multi shot to proc beast cleave with bestial wrath being up for every other pack + stampede = insane AoE DPS. You add into it >this< and your AoE gets godlike.

I have that trinket but not the second gold arti trait on my BM ( give me a break, he's an alt ) and i can beat DH in AoE. We also have binding shot which is great when mobs on low HP and want to move to the next pack or the tank is getting wrecked and needs to run away to allow the healer to catch up. We also have a decent self heal and a damage immunity to cheese mechanics.

Oh and feign death.

I just got my 2nd gold trait for BM last night and its very good. I was with a MM hunter and I was usually #1 on trash. Murder of crows is great damage and if you can keep making it reset on trash your dps is even better. Also keep in mind barrage is getting nerfed so BM becomes even better than MM AOE wise.

Mobility is fantastic as well, nothing has a cast time so I can do full dps on fights with a ton of movement. This also makes me the ideal light holder in vault (a job no one ever seems to want).

Single target dps is fine. MM will beat you most of the time but I think our AOE dps makes up for that, especially in high M+.

Quote Originally Posted by fir3fist11 View Post
    AoE without pulling half the dungeon, Mobility, Stampede, Bloodlust, Battlerezz.
    This. Plus some very decent cleave damage.

On M+ most of your figh time is with trash packs. BM is very good for that. Use that Stampede on trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    I just got my 2nd gold trait for BM last night and its very good. I was with a MM hunter and I was usually #1 on trash. Murder of crows is great damage and if you can keep making it reset on trash your dps is even better. Also keep in mind barrage is getting nerfed so BM becomes even better than MM AOE wise.

Mobility is fantastic as well, nothing has a cast time so I can do full dps on fights with a ton of movement. This also makes me the ideal light holder in vault (a job no one ever seems to want).

Single target dps is fine. MM will beat you most of the time but I think our AOE dps makes up for that, especially in high M+.
    Use Flare on last boss and trash before. It really shines

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    This, even the best MM's have to limit their AOE a fair bit and occasionally accidentally pull. If you don't watch out for it, sidewinders and barrage will pull the weirdest stuff like the dragon flying over Fenrir - that limits your positioning and when you can actually apply damage.

Trash is in closed areas so it is easy to clump up multiple packs of mobs.

BM AoE doesn't pull the entire dungeon and opperates successfully in tight spaces.

plus its very high AoE dmg as well

Quote Originally Posted by saulburn View Post
    this. Plus some very decent cleave damage.

On m+ most of your figh time is with trash packs. Bm is very good for that. Use that stampede on trash.

- - - updated - - -

use flare on last boss and trash before. It really shines
    mind = blown

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    if you can keep making it reset on trash your dps is even better
    LUL Sure, reset your way to some insanely bolstered mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Which just means your hunter has to have a minimal ammount of brain cells.
    The tank has to have the other two brain cells. I am used to barrage now but if the tank tanks trash just out of body pull range to the next pack there is no way whatsoever a MM can use sidewinders without pulling.

Try using Barrage in Court of Stars when you're trying to avoid half the trash and the trash you're pulling is right in the middle.