Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Really? Were you aware that originally Heels were part of male fashion? This is the matriarchy! They stole our fashion!
    Or maybe it was the evil patriarchy plan to pretend they are good, and then dump it on women! Oppression!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Or maybe it was the evil patriarchy plan to pretend they are good, and then dump it on women! Oppression!
    Damn! She is onto us! Men...Back to the bunkers! We need a new plan!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Because their mothers did.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you about nonsense, there is more than enough information on the internet for you. :/
    There is plenty of garbage on it and you really should take your own advice instead of, I dunno, listening to a woman who hasn't worn heels in 40 years. Shoes have changed in that time. The science behind shoes has changed in that time. I wouldn't take 40-year-old advice on the housing market. Why would you take it on your health? Worse yet, you've got one anecdotal example through your grandmother of some horrible outcome from heels. Hey guess what, your gramma doesn't represent all women.

So don't bitch at me to "go look up the facts" when you sure as hell never did it.

And oh, I already have, years ago.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In terms of heels, only three inch or higher tend to hurt my feet after about an hour or two of standing and walking around in them. My legs and feet are different from most women, though, as I have always been rather athletic - being a gymnastic, equestrian rider, and taking martial arts for a long duration of my life. Generally speaking, heels are bad for your feet on a continuous daily basis. However, I only wear them every-so-often, when the outfit that I want to wear calls for them.

Corsets, I love and wear rather often. I have both fake (acrylic / plastic boned) and real (steel boned) corsets, several that I've made myself to my personal shape. I can do most things in a corset, even a real one, that I can normally. I've worn them long enough to have mastered moving and breathing in them without knocking myself out while doing mundane things like minor athletics, running, sex (a lot harder than one would think, in a corset), and driving or riding in them.

As for skirts, longer skirts are more comfortable than most pants. But, I hate wearing short or mini-skirts with nothing but panties beneath them. They're more uncomfortable than heavy work pants or dress pants.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    There is plenty of garbage on it and you really should take your own advice instead of, I dunno, listening to a woman who hasn't worn heels in 40 years.
    Google is not hard, I linked a source in my first reply to this thread. There are lots of academic/medical sources out there, I just linked one with a useful infographic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The shoes makes their butt stick out. Try it you'll see.
    Except the part where that's not a good thing. "Bubble"/"apple" bottoms are gross.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes i think i am the only man on earth who thinks the shoes contributes to absolutely nothing regarding the beauty of the woman...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why do guys wear uncomfortable suits? And don't tell me they're comfortable. Compare it to wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
    Erm, jeans aren't confortable. Cotton is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    "Suffer for fashion"

Women's fashion is quite different from men's fashion. Our clothes are generally made for comfort. While women's clothes are made for visual appeal.
    Yeah, I've seen idiots in "skinny" jeans. I refuse to believe they're comfortable.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Granted I'm a dude I doubt I could find heels in size 12 anyway.
    I am sure you could.

I don't understand why people wear such uncomfortable things in the first place. I would be so happy if I could just wear sweatpants to the office every day.

To quote my Wife when I ask her this very question when she bitches about her feet hurting "Because they're Cute". She will wear the most uncomfortable shoes and cause her self pain to wear shoes she thinks look cute. Now I'm not one to complain when she wears heels, cause they make her Ass look great, but you know listening to complaining about it later gets old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Except the part where that's not a good thing. "Bubble"/"apple" bottoms are gross.
    Send all the bubble butts my way Mistame, I'll take one or three for the team.

Deleted
    because they are not on their feet all day. Any man or woman that are on their feet all day, such as retail workers will have the most comftable shoes that they can find, and in women's cases the majority of times this is a pair of flats, or a small heel shoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why do guys wear uncomfortable suits? And don't tell me they're comfortable. Compare it to wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
    I always thought dressing up wasnt that bad when I only had to once in a blue moon... then I got a job where I have to all the time and I just wanna dress down now lol.

Deleted
    because I love how they look. Also we don't wear them everyday

Beauty is pain.

That is it simply.

Because its pretty.

Its because of Sex!

Its the reason we subconsciously do anything that makes us stand out in the crowd!

I farm mounts in WoW because subconsciously i believe it will make me stand out so i can attract a mate and it works! Invincible has gotten me 3 ex wifes and many GFs!

But seriously do you really need to be told when the answer is so obvious?

heels were originally a men's fashion, originating from ancient horsemen's shoes designed for stirrups. It became en vogue in european courts, and the higher heels were a status symbol. they didnt have to have comfortable shoes because they didnt spend all day on their feet. eventually it percolated into women's fashion as well.

in modern times, they are seen as more formal and look really good.
    "beauty is pain."

p.s., for what its worth, platform heels are actually much more comfortable.
    Last edited by starlord; 2016-09-27 at 01:34 AM.