Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Suramar just doesn't feel like it belongs to nightborne/night elf

I've really tried, like really really tried, but I just don't get it... the place looks like a place blood elves should be in... the night elves don't fit, nor do the nightborne, they look really bad for that place. And the story just feels weird to them. Blizzard should retcon it.

I've tried to like them, really, tried to get into them, but I just don't like them, and I find it hard to believe they have anything to do with the place. I think they stole it, that's what the darkie elves do right? But surely I'm not the only one who feels like they really should have done this city for the blood elves.

I know it's not the case, but it feels like it should belong to the blood elves. It's almost not fair. Blood elves should expand a bit too, the stuff they have in Eastern Kingdoms and in Outlands is too small - and they just fit much better here, rule the Broken Isles from the palatial looking city

I'm secretly hoping that somehow the nightborne either all die, or the Legion ends up killing most of the nightborne and night elves for all the stress they've caused them, paying the night elves their due for bringing the legion in the first place, and while we get to stop them, just not before an elf genocide (the night ones only)- that way Suramar would need the blood elves or the high elves to remain a city. It would be cool to have a 3rd blood elf city, and before you complain about that, The Dwarves have like 4 - Ironforge, Shadowforge city BRD, Grim Batol, Aerie's Peak - and that's not couting the Frost Dwarf home of Ulduar. The humans have loads of cities - all the Blodo elves have is Silvermoon and Quel'Danis Sunwell Plateau and the rests are outposts or ships.

Would be nice, I just find it hard to like night elves, and nightborne just look like uglier night elves with annoyingly snubby attitudes, and night elves look like fatter nightborne that a re a bit to weak and stupid - (look at Tyrande) - but I'm trying to like them, it's just sooo hard.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2016-09-26 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks way more Night Elven then Blood Elf
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    You are forgetting that Nightborne are just darker skinned and more fantasy like Blood Elves, by their characteristics they are far closer to Blood Elves than Night Elves. But people connect them to nightelves because of the Night part.
    Heck, they are addicted to a well as their source of power and their leader united with the Burning Legion too, do I need to say more?

Sounds like you need to go over your lore a bit better OP. The nightborne are far more similar to the blood elves than the night elves lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    You are forgetting that Nightborne are just darker skinned and more fantasy like Blood Elves, by their characteristics they are far closer to Blood Elves than Night Elves. But people connect them to nightelves because of the Night part.
    Heck, they are addicted to a well as their source of power and their leader united with the Burning Legion too, do I need to say more?
    Yep Nightborne and Blood Elves started out the same the power they tapped into was just different during those 10k years leaving them looking different and with different societies.

Pretty much what everyone said.

Blood elves = Sunwell -> lighter skin
    Nightborn = Nightwell ->darker skin

The moonwell though has a difference purpose

Deleted
    You cannot change the story to suit your wishes. Accept and embrace it, as it is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It looks way more Night Elven then Blood Elf
    so they say, but night elves feel more tree, blood elves feel more city - yes I know things can change, but I'm just not feeling it, nightborne and night elves just look weird there.

Nightborne look like they should be in cave deep underground, lost for millennia, night elves sometimes look like they should be in trees, at other times they feel like they should be in the moon and stars somewhere. Not saying that's what it is, just saying that is what it feels like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    You cannot change the story to suit your wishes. Accept and embrace it, as it is fact.
    True, I don't disagree, but face it, I'm saying what everyone is thinking and feeling but just doesn't want to be the one to say it. Dark elves fit more the cave and tree picture blizzard has been giving us, high elves and blood elves fit more the city

Thats how night elves lived before they banished the highborne/arcane users and went to live in trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should read more. Nightborne do, in fact, have a lot in common with blood elves: both were changed in physical form and addicted to magic via exposure to the wells, the Nightwell and the Sunwell.

In the beginning, there were dark trolls. The dark trolls were transformed by Elune into the night elves. Night elves were generally how you know them now, but social classes began to develop. The highborne were just night elves, but "high class" ones who decided to live in elaborate cities and practice arcane magic and be all snobby and stuff. At this point though, there's just one race, with different people focusing on different things.

Then came the War of the Ancients, and everything gets crazy. For the most part, non-highborne night elves ended up fine, and are the ones we know today. The highborne, however, got split. Some of them were at the epicenter of the Sundering and became the first naga. Some of them were exiled. These would lose their lifespans and have shorter lived children. These would become the high elves. After the Sunwell's destruction, some of those became the blood elves. Some of the highborne simply hid themselves away. These would rejoin the night elves and make night elf mage playable. One group of highborne decided to turn against the rest, they sealed themselves away to survive and would become the nightborne.

Suramar does look like it has a lot in common with blood elves, and that's entirely intentional. Both the nightborne and blood elves come from the original highborne (although the nightborne are literally some of the original highborne, while the blood elves are simply descended from some of the others). There's a reason the high and blood elves build buildings like they do, and this is one of the reasons why. Also, the fact that the high elves relied on the Sunwell, and had a hard time coping with its loss, is essentially the exact same thing the nightborne are dealing with when it comes to the Nightwell. It's clearly a sensitivity the race as a whole has (perhaps because of their initial transformation at the Well of Eternity).
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-09-26 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, I don't disagree, but face it, I'm saying what everyone is thinking and feeling but just doesn't want to be the one to say it. Dark elves fit more the cave and tree picture blizzard has been giving us, high elves and blood elves fit more the city
    Thing is even before the Sundering Night Elves did have their big empire and they had cities. Blood Elves might be more used to what Nightborne live in but Night Elves(Those that live back then) would remember a place like Suramar. I do wonder though what will happen to the Nightborne.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I've really tried, like really really tried, but I just don't get it... the place looks like a place blood elves should be in...
    Yeah. It looks exactly like the place it should look like, and the shal'dorei look exactly what they should look like. They fit together like a butt and a plug. Then again, we can't argue what you feel. They're just not based on anything that's been written or illustrated about the shal'dorei and their lore and history.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-09-26 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Sounds like you need to go over your lore a bit better OP. The nightborne are far more similar to the blood elves than the night elves lore-wise.
    How so? I don't recall talking about their similarities, but they're dark skinned elves, and they're ugly, they look nothing like the blood elves, they're even uglier than the night elves - but their city should be a blood elf city, it looks more like what a proper High Elf city should look like

Deleted
    How so? I don't recall talking about their similarities, but they're dark skinned elves, and they're ugly, they look nothing like the blood elves, they're even uglier than the night elves - but their city should be a blood elf city, it looks more like what a proper High Elf city should look like
    But they're not blood elves.

That's because it is a High Elf city. The Nightborne were High Elves that that have lived under a shield blocking out the sun for 10k years. Which had also had the effect of isolating them from everyone else so their culture changed very little.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    You should read more. Nightborne do, in fact, have a lot in common with blood elves: both were changed in physical form and addicted to magic via exposure to the wells, the Nightwell and the Sunwell.
    All the more reason for the blood elves to replace the nightborne.. what's the point with having nightborne and blood elves? it's the same thing.

I've got it. since they are so similar, the same thing, except Blood elf is much nicer, kick the nightborne out, let them go live with the naga or the night elves, and then the blood elves can live. I don't see the point in having both the nightborne and the blood elf in the same place. Too similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    That's because it is a High Elf city. The Nightborne were High Elves that that have lived under a shield blocking out the sun for 10k years.
    really? I didn't know that.. I thought it was a night elf city, or did they make a mistake on the opening cinematic..pls say they did.

it feels like it should belong to the blood elves. It's almost not fair.
    What in the world are you talking about? This is just such a silly, baseless, random statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    really? I didn't know that.. I thought it was a night elf city, or did they make a mistake on the opening cinematic..pls say they did.
    Technically it is a Night Elf city but in terms of visuals it does feel more high Elven in other places architecture wise. It's just that a lot of the Nightborne are highborne or rather were.

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    how does the city not look like its nightborne? wtf...? how do you know what nightborne architecture is suppose to look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content