Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah we had a lot of fun with these last weekend. Looking forward to more this week.

My only complaint - and this is quibbling - is the release of these and E.N. on the same week. I would have loved to focus on one for the week then the other the following week. But hey, too much fun is nothing to get upset about. :P

Feels strange, after months of Tanaan & HFC, to feel overwhelmed with content. No matter what aspect of the game I'm playing, it feels like I'm neglecting another part. But I'm having a blast either way.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I really love the system, but once you start hitting rank 7-8+ the difference in class power starts to become really painfully obvious.
    It's a bit frustrating feeling like your group composition is holding you back more than anything else.

Other than that, it's a fantastic system - CM's with some more meaty progression to them.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Anyone else who think mythic+ is the best content Blizzard added to the game in a long time?
    difficulty wise ? sure - reward wise ? definetly not - it the effort to reward ratio is way off in there best proof is people spaming +2 for 3 extra chest and praying to rng goods it titanforges - fuckedu p designe when people instead pushing higher stay on lowest difficulty and count on rng - im rewards in there should go like this : 2-3 - 855 , 4-5 860 , 6-8 - 870 , 9-10 880 to match the effort and give people incentive to actually push difficulty instead abusing low level dungoens with overgearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CMKenneth View Post
    using flasks and food buffs and other cheese strats is for the dudes who want to push the limits, if you feel that doing so is too expensive or complicated then guess what, you though you were hardcore, but you are not. you are a casual just like us.
    all i will say is good luck trying to do anything higher then 6+ without flasks/pots if you are not above average player with a good comp group and doin it without simultaniusly gearing up in hc / mythic EM

I dislike them heavily. Both the actual gameplay(because it's exactly like D3 greater rifts with specific comps that are absurdly far ahead of others and 5man content isn't something I want to do as the "correct" thing every time I log in) and that it completely devalues raiding as a source of loot. A no-lockout spammable source of gear that also has the highest AP generation on top as well as the possibility of titanforging has to be a sick joke.

The DC bug is super tilting as well, which isn't helping my enjoyment of them.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-09-27 at 06:27 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I love it.
    The one thing i disagree: you can get almost endless loot from inviting random ppl with their keys to your group. It should be limited to 5 or 10 attempts per week or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only had chance to do them for one evening so far but I enjoyed it a lot.

My only complaint is it's still a bit too timer heavy. Once you get to the slightly higher levels (i.e. like, beyond +5) it starts to feel like CMs a bit again - you gotta plan your big aoe pulls and cooldown use to get through the tight timers, and invis pot in the right place.

That's fine and all, but doesn't recreate the feeling of hardcore difficult TBC era heroics like I hoped difficult 5-mans might. Would have been cool if there could be a mode that rewards careful play as well and not just fast play. Maybe there's room for two different styles?

Despite that, still love these, and way more fun than CMs were.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I love it.
    The one thing i disagree: you can get almost endless loot from inviting random ppl with their keys to your group. It should be limited to 5 or 10 attempts per week or something.
    Yeah, the infinite loot + most efficient AP source is the main issue I have with it. Lots of ways to fix it, but Blizzard doesn't want to because "the person with the keystone should be very valuable" or some shit.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC View Post
    I don't share quite the same enthusiasm as everyone here. I'm a medium quality damage dealer compared to everyone in my guild which means all the high damage dealers group together exclusively (getting the best loot in the process) which everyone else might have to PUG. A rich get richer system if you will.
    Surely thats a problem with your guild and not the system itself?
    I think its pretty natural for people to group with people they are friends with and know can perform at the same level. Thats how you get a close-knit team. Same reason I prefer raiding with 9 friends to 20+ near randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I can finally pve without raiding and have a feeling a progress.

Thats pretty neat.
    Once tier gear comes out, unless it's much less powerful than in prior expansions, Mythic+ will have a problem. It's only good now because it's as rewarding as raid content, from an ilevel perspective. Once tier throws a wrench in that, do you think Mythic+ will feel like progress? It might, but my guess is people will feel like they HAVE to raid because tier will be so good.

Sure, Mythic+ isn't tuned assuming tier gear (that would be against the point, right?), but that really won't matter if the bonuses are strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I dislike them heavily. Both the actual gameplay(because it's exactly like D3 greater rifts with specific comps that are absurdly far ahead of others and 5man content isn't something I want to do as the "correct" thing every time I log in) and that it completely devalues raiding as a source of loot. A no-lockout spammable source of gear that also has the highest AP generation on top as well as the possibility of titanforging has to be a sick joke.

The DC bug is super tilting as well, which isn't helping my enjoyment of them.
    But, shouldn't it devalue raiding gear? In the past, the only option for gear was raiding. You might get a few from crafting, but ultimately you had to raid. Either the gear is bad and no one cares, thus no one uses M+ or it's on par, and it "devalues" raid gear, or it's better and no one raids. Which of those three do you think is the best option?

Again though, once tier comes out, it won't devalue anything; my assumption is people will stop doing M+ if tier doesn't drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Once tier gear comes out, unless it's much less powerful than in prior expansions, Mythic+ will have a problem. It's only good now because it's as rewarding as raid content, from an ilevel perspective. Once tier throws a wrench in that, do you think Mythic+ will feel like progress? It might, but my guess is people will feel like they HAVE to raid because tier will be so good.

Sure, Mythic+ isn't tuned assuming tier gear (that would be against the point, right?), but that really won't matter if the bonuses are strong.
    I disagree completely. Tier is less than 25% of the available item slots once you factor in relics. The chance at gear that scales in ilvl based on my progress and has a 75% chance of being an upgrade/usable while being able to farm larger and larger amounts of AP with knowledge increases while also having increased chances at legendary drops... Blizzard finally solved the riddle of keeping dungeons relevant throughout the entire expansion.

Not a fan of timers

I just want an LFD for them tbh. I've done a bunch and they're fun, what's not fun is all the searching and applying involved.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I have a feeling that now that 5-man dungeons actually have a progression path that we'll be seeing a lot more of them this expansion. Or so I hope.
    We'll see. Raiders get new raids. Will we see new 5 mans over the course of the expansion? Or are we expected to run Mythic+ 40 Eye in a year?

Quote Originally Posted by CMKenneth View Post
    ever since they introduced mythic dungeons on Wod they been my primary activity. so im not new to this progression path.

they took all the things that worked with wod mythic dungeons and built upon it. so i don't agree with the Grift comparison, the mythic + system is akin to the HFC period of WoD mythics where people would do them over and over and get a +5 ilvl upgrade per week plus a +3 o +6 to their ring ilvl

sounds boring when you read it like this, but once it becomes part of your routine its pretty fun an you get to know all sorts of people, by the end of WoD i was ilvl 734,had a pretty active flist and never even stepped into HFC normal.

its just an alternative way to play.

as far as a progression path goes, it is slower, but its constant.

using flasks and food buffs and other cheese strats is for the dudes who want to push the limits, if you feel that doing so is too expensive or complicated then guess what, you though you were hardcore, but you are not. you are a casual just like us.

there's NO need to do any of that, not at all. all you have to do is do runs, and get to know people, and have fun doing it. and eventually you'll get better gear, and have more fun. eventually you will find yourself doing the exhausted keys even when you know you cant beat them... and one day you'll find that your group got good enough that you can progress by skill alone not only with ilvl.
    There are limits to what people can spend on cosumables. It cost me over 100k in potuons and flasks just for this week and mythic raiding opens today. Some people couldn't afford to do that once much less weekly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

We cleared to +8 last night and it was a blast. Stuff felt pretty hectic and the affixes were pretty easy to deal with thankfully.

One thing I did notice though that should be addressed is the difference in AP awards from Mythic + vs raiding. I got ~3 times the amount of AP from 5 mythic dungeons than I did from a full clear of normal/heroic and honestly that doesn't seem right.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    We'll see. Raiders get new raids. Will we see new 5 mans over the course of the expansion? Or are we expected to run Mythic+ 40 Eye in a year?
    Caps out at +15, so I doubt it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post

Caps out at +15, so I doubt it.
    There is no level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    There is no level cap.
    Are you sure? I swear I saw +15 being the cap, with +10 being the cap for loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    The achievement is for 15 or higher, and there was a blue post (that I have been looking for) that indicated there wasn't a limit.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    The achievement is for 15 or higher, and there was a blue post (that I have been looking for) that indicated there wasn't a limit.
    I know there isn't a limit as to how many you can run, I'm very interested in that blue post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I know there isn't a limit as to how many you can run, I'm very interested in that blue post.
    Well as I said, the wording on the achievement is for completing a level 15 or higher mythic dungeon which would imply that 15 is not a cap.

Still looking for that blue post but trying to find a specific blue post is a pita.