Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    their talking about the forest trolls who were savages and nothing near what the darkspear trolls are... its allmost like the trolls have helped murder millions of trolls before... and there is differant clans of trolls... and their talking about the amani trolls.... not the darkspear...
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    their talking about the forest trolls who were savages and nothing near what the darkspear trolls are... its allmost like the trolls have helped murder millions of trolls before... and there is differant clans of trolls... and their talking about the amani trolls.... not the darkspear...
    Both of you missed the point. It doesn't matter if it's not from my tribe, it still my kin and as such, it's plainly stupid to talk in front of a Troll how you've fought and slain it's very own RACE.

I mean, Vol'jin still showed up to meet the other Tribes back in the ZG to discuss the future of the Trolls and the Tribes. Tribes (even at war) used to meet every year at Zandalar. Not to mention that now we have the Revantusk tribe as members of the Horde, and they were almost extinct during the Troll Wars. The very reason they fled to the Hinderlands was to escape with what little they had.

Forgot to mention, our playable Troll emotes, such as /cheer or /charge, even praises Zul'jin. He is reverenced by almost every single Troll as one of the most important Trolls to ever lived.
    Last edited by Cl4nK; 2016-09-27 at 12:43 PM.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cl4nK View Post
    dropped the ball hard.
    You realize you're potentially asking for every quest in the game to have a unique version depending on race.

Even if you only meant for 100-110, and only for the obvious unique races (not human/orc etc, like an undead helping the highmountain or a gnome helping Valarjar), you would still be asking Blizzard to create a dozen versions of every quest in the area. If there are 200 quests they've written, now you're suddenly asking them to pull 1000 more quests out of their asses.

Dropping the ball, is bombastically stupid to say. How can you possibly seriously think that they fucked up by not making 1200 quests instead of 200. I guess you are on the train of dropping raid tiers to have garrisons implemented.

Human beings working at Blizzard develop content. They can only do so much at one time. I would rather ignore the characters race (which is irrelevant except for RPers already) if it means we don't have a content draught like WoD.

Think about what you're asking for.

Yeah, wouldn't it be cool if we had everything imaginable that's cool in any kind of way.

Seriously, it's not that kind of game. Sure it would be cool to have all that race-specific stuff and all that, but it's just not a priority for WoW. It would be a ridiculously massive undertaking for nothing more than a gimmick.

Yeah, I've thought about this before and how Blizzard dropped the ball hard.

For instance, once you get the Marksmanship Artifact, one of the NPCs praises it and coments how it was used in the war against trolls. Except my character is a Troll, and you're exalting the very weapon used to desecrate my homeland and kill my race.

Not amuzing in the slightest.
    Thas'dorah, the Marksmanship Artifact, was used in the wars between the Elves of Quel'Thalas and the Amani Trolls (of Zul Aman). The playable Trolls are from the Dark Spear tribe which was originally part of the Gurubashi Troll Empire (a competitor of the Amani Troll Empire) and were later driven out by the other Gurubashi tribes in STV.

In Cataclysm Vol'jin rejected an invitation to rejoin a new troll empire and actually worked together with Blood and High Elves to counter the thread of the new troll Empire.

Basically, Dark Spear trolls have no love for any of the other troll tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    You realize you're potentially asking for every quest in the game to have a unique version depending on race.

Even if you only meant for 100-110, and only for the obvious unique races (not human/orc etc, like an undead helping the highmountain or a gnome helping Valarjar), you would still be asking Blizzard to create a dozen versions of every quest in the area. If there are 200 quests they've written, now you're suddenly asking them to pull 1000 more quests out of their asses.

Dropping the ball, is bombastically stupid to say. How can you possibly seriously think that they fucked up by not making 1200 quests instead of 200. I guess you are on the train of dropping raid tiers to have garrisons implemented.

Human beings working at Blizzard develop content. They can only do so much at one time. I would rather ignore the characters race (which is irrelevant except for RPers already) if it means we don't have a content draught like WoD.

Think about what you're asking for.
    Hmm, no?

I'm not asking them to make every quest with every race in mind, quite the opposite. Drop it all together. If you're going to make unique "comentaries" for a race, you either do it for them all, or none at all. Especially if the result is something illogical like giving a "Weapon that's famous for killing Humans" to a "human" while praising the said weapon.

If by any chance you checked the Xe'ra/Illidan topic, you'll see how the quest text changes if you killed Illidan in BT or if you're DH, and both texts make no sense at all. It's getting pretty bad "feedback", and it only serves to undo what was previously explained and experienced by us.

Both of you missed the point. It doesn't matter if it's not from my tribe, it still my kin and as such, it's plainly stupid to talk in front of a Troll how you've fought and slain it's very own RACE.

I mean, Vol'jin still showed up to meet the other Tribes back in the ZG to discuss the future of the Trolls and the Tribes. Tribes (even at war) used to meet every year at Zandalar. Not to mention that now we have the Revantusk tribe as members of the Horde, and they were almost extinct during the Troll Wars. The very reason they fled to the Hinderlands was to escape with what little they had.

Forgot to mention, our playable Troll emotes, such as /cheer or /charge, even praises Zul'jin. He is reverenced by almost every single Troll as one of the most important Trolls to ever lived.
    You mean the Race that nearly hunted the Dark Spear to non existence? The Dark Spear have zero reason to celebrate the other troll peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Thas'dorah, the Marksmanship Artifact, was used in the wars between the Elves of Quel'Thalas and the Amani Trolls (of Zul Aman). The playable Trolls are from the Dark Spear tribe which was originally part of the Gurubashi Troll Empire (a competitor of the Amani Troll Empire) and were later driven out by the other Gurubashi tribes in STV.

In Cataclysm Vol'jin rejected an invitation to rejoin a new troll empire and actually worked together with Blood and High Elves to counter the thread of the new troll Empire.

Basically, Dark Spear trolls have no love for any of the other troll tribes.
    Read my previously post and you'll see that's not the point. The very fact that he showed up in the very first place is an indication that he does consider the other tribes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    You mean the Race that nearly hunted the Dark Spear to non existence? The Dark Spear have zero reason to celebrate the other troll peoples.
    And yet, Vol'jin shows up to meet them. And yet, there are other tribes that are joined with the horde (and they're Forest Trolls). And yet, our playabe character yells "FOR ZUL'JIN" when you charge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, no?

I'm not asking them to make every quest with every race in mind, quite the opposite. Drop it all together. If you're going to make unique "comentaries" for a race, you either do it for them all, or none at all. Especially if the result is something illogical like giving a "Weapon that's famous for killing Humans" to a "human" while praising the said weapon.

If by any chance you checked the Xe'ra/Illidan topic, you'll see how the quest text changes if you killed Illidan in BT or if you're DH, and both texts make no sense at all. It's getting pretty bad "feedback", and it only serves to undo what was previously explained and experienced by us.
    For better or for worse, I have only completed Xe'ra BS on a demon hunter, so I did not see it changed based on that, which I think is pretty cool. Whole thing is fucked but that's another thread.

Also I 100% agree that they dropped the ball on praising troll killing if you're a troll. Whoops.

I would only say they need to correct the 1 or 2 discrepancies then, like that hunter artifact

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    For better or for worse, I have only completed Xe'ra BS on a demon hunter, so I did not see it changed based on that, which I think is pretty cool. Whole thing is fucked but that's another thread.

Also I 100% agree that they dropped the ball on praising troll killing if you're a troll. Whoops.

I would only say they need to correct the 1 or 2 discrepancies then, like that hunter artifact
    Yeah, I've still have to play the other classes, but I doubt any had a dumbass line like that.

Also, you've got to check the line Xe'ra tells you if have killed Illidan. It's golden.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've still have to play the other classes, but I doubt any had a dumbass line like that.

Also, you've got to check the line Xe'ra tells you if have killed Illidan. It's golden.
    Just checked another thread and found it. ...

facepalm

Read my previously post and you'll see that's not the point. The very fact that he showed up in the very first place is an indication that he does consider the other tribes.
    A meeting in game between Vol'Jin, Vereesa and Halduron outside Zul Aman:

Vol'jin says: Dat I was. Da Zandalari called a meeting o' all da troll tribes includin' da Darkspears.
    Vol'jin says: King Rastakhan, he be plannin' to unite da troll tribes under his Zandalari.
    Vereesa Windrunner says: Including the Amani?
    Vol'jin says: Da Amani, da Gurubashi, all o' dem. He be dispatchin' emissaries to every tribe.
    Halduron Brightwing says: My scouts have reported nothing but quiet outside Zul'Aman.
    Vol'jin says: Dey be holed up inside da ruined city, regroupin'.
    Vol'jin says: Rastakhan be callin' me his brother, but da Horde be our true brothers. We gotta stop him before he can sweet-talk da others into joinin' his empire.

Sounds to me like Vol'jin never really considered the Zandalari plan.

Actually, they are taking steps in this direction. If you play as a night elf, Munnin and the other big crow in Stormheim caw at you in displeasure every time you approach (maybe belf too?). The reasoning for this is actually explained in the Rogue campaign involving Lord Ravencrest. Maybe we'll see more minor race specific things in game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    and Trolls can use Zul'Gurub

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't like that either.
    For example the Incursion in Krasarang Wilderness.
    The Panda says something like:"What are those waifish purple things inside that dome?" Those purple things that look just like me?

Or that Moonwell Blessing in Suramar:"We usually don't show that to outsiders." What outsider? We are the same people.

At least they put the artifacts in. The druid in the Darkheart Thicket talks about the druid in your party all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Actually, they are taking steps in this direction. If you play as a night elf, Munnin and the other big crow in Stormheim caw at you in displeasure every time you approach (maybe belf too?). The reasoning for this is actually explained in the Rogue campaign involving Lord Ravencrest. Maybe we'll see more minor race specific things in game?
    I thought they do that to every player.

PS:
    Huginn and Muninn cawed and cawed as loud as they could. And as they took wing, they vowed a solemn oath to one day have their revenge upon the trickster elf and all of his kind.
    Though shit when their master has actually chosen a Nightelf to lead his army.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-09-27 at 01:27 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It seems cool, but would probably take up too much development time. They would need to make little changes to almost every quest in the zone.

And then what? Class halls get left behind? Forgotten about like Garrisons in WoD? I would prefer them to expand upon class halls, make it something that progresses with the expansions, rather than leaving it to Legion leveling/content and moving on to the next big feature.

Continue making the features they have better rather than adding new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    A meeting in game between Vol'Jin, Vereesa and Halduron outside Zul Aman:

Vol'jin says: Dat I was. Da Zandalari called a meeting o' all da troll tribes includin' da Darkspears.
    Vol'jin says: King Rastakhan, he be plannin' to unite da troll tribes under his Zandalari.
    Vereesa Windrunner says: Including the Amani?
    Vol'jin says: Da Amani, da Gurubashi, all o' dem. He be dispatchin' emissaries to every tribe.
    Halduron Brightwing says: My scouts have reported nothing but quiet outside Zul'Aman.
    Vol'jin says: Dey be holed up inside da ruined city, regroupin'.
    Vol'jin says: Rastakhan be callin' me his brother, but da Horde be our true brothers. We gotta stop him before he can sweet-talk da others into joinin' his empire.

Sounds to me like Vol'jin never really considered the Zandalari plan.
    He never did, but that didn't stop him from seeing the other tribes and listening to them. And like I've said, Darkspears aren't the only tribe that has joined the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    The Panda says something like:"What are those waifish purple things inside that dome?" Those purple things that look just like me?

Or that Moonwell Blessing in Suramar:"We usually don't show that to outsiders." What outsider? We are the same people.

At least they put the artifacts in. The druid in the Darkheart Thicket talks about the druid in your party all the time.

Oh, I just remembered some more. The Warrior Fury for instance is a completely bonkers. You go to Odyn, you quest with him, help him, you go to the Halls of Valor, Odyn himself buffs and gives you the weapons and what not, all while calling you mighty Valajar.

And then the Artifact quest ends, you go to Stormheim and surprise surprise, you gotta prove yourself and do the whole questing in the zone to get back in Halls of Valor, and what not. Despite the fact that your very Class Hall is exactly the same place, and Odyn is just there chilling.

Deleted
    Oh, I just remembered some more. The Warrior Fury for instance is a completely bonkers. You go to Odyn, you quest with him, help him, you go to the Halls of Valor, Odyn himself buffs and gives you the weapons and what not, all while calling you mighty Valajar.

And then the Artifact quest ends, you go to Stormheim and surprise surprise, you gotta prove yourself and do the whole questing in the zone to get back in Halls of Valor, and what not. Despite the fact that your very Class Hall is exactly the same place, and Odyn is just there chilling.
    Well I do believe during the questline leading up to the Halls of Valor, right when he reveals himself, he says that he couldn't shorten the ritual even for his chosen one.
    Still, inside the Halls of Valor after you defeated him he talks about how suprised he is about your strength. And before that Eyir goes on about how dishonorable your actions where in Stormheim, what did I do? Is freeing her and not killing Sylvannas now dishonorable?

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post

PS:

Though shit when their master has actually chosen a Nightelf to lead his army.
    Nope, I got curious and went there on my human mage and only got a sound effect rather than emote. The birds straight /e at you if nelf.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, Vol'jin shows up to meet them. And yet, there are other tribes that are joined with the horde (and they're Forest Trolls). And yet, our playabe character yells "FOR ZUL'JIN" when you charge.
    Vol'Jin showed up to meet them because it is customary among trolls of all factions to unite and discuss. Most troll tribes send ambassadors but Vol'Jin went himself.

Think of it like the United Nations. The US was at war with Iraq and Afghanistan but we still attended UN meetings with them + sent ambassadors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    In Mists of Pandaria, if you played a Troll Lorewalker Cho will react to seeing you differently.

Iirc, the dialogue for all the other horde races is "an outsider from beyond the mists! Come, I have so many questions!"

But if you're a troll, he says "As I live and breath.. A Troll! You look just like the ancient stories described!"
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-09-27 at 04:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

.... the troll tribes have had all out wars against eachother...

lets say your jewish
    and your grandpa talks about how he used this rifle to kill 50 nazi's and saved your grandmother

would you feel offended?

well they were humans too, you should feel super offended!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content