Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

[TV] Marvel's Luke Cage

Last edited by t1saif; 2016-09-26 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks for the commercial.

Deleted
    Wasn't he a kung fu superhero in 80s comics? Or maybe I'm thinking of that white tiger guy...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Wasn't he a kung fu superhero in 80s comics? Or maybe I'm thinking of that white tiger guy...
    You may be thinking of his running partner Iron Fist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks good, seems like it will be out in Sept 30th.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    You may be thinking of his running partner Iron Fist.
    Nope white tiger but he had his own series I realize now..

http://www.writeups.org/white-tiger-...marvel-comics/
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2016-08-10 at 08:20 AM.

Can't wait....

Yep, still on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Can't wait for this! I've loved the other two Netflix series so far, and I'm super excited for this to premiere.
    <==Huge Marvel nerd

Second most hyped show for me. Can't wait. I LOVE every trailer so far. The last one with Method at the Bodega. Brilliant.

Deleted
    Wasn't there a show with a female main character, played by the junkie-corpse from breaking bad, featuring this same character a while ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Wasn't there a show with a female main character, played by the junkie-corpse from breaking bad, featuring this same character a while ago?
    That would be Jessica Jones and yes he was in that as a side character.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I'll watch it. Daredevil was great, Jessica Jones didn't interest me enough to finish the series, but I liked Cage in JJ so I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I'll watch it. Daredevil was great, Jessica Jones didn't interest me enough to finish the series, but I liked Cage in JJ so I'm looking forward to it.
    If you didn't get far enough in for David Tennant to show up and start carrying the show then I suggest you do your utmost to give it another whirl. It's really good once you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    If you didn't get far enough in for David Tennant to show up and start carrying the show then I suggest you do your utmost to give it another whirl. It's really good once you get there.
    I watched 4 episodes, that's a third of the series.

And anyways, even if the villain is great, if the protagonist is boring, uninspiring, or annoying, as JJ was, there's no emotional attachment in seeing them triumph over the villain.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2016-09-27 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I watched 4 episodes, that's a third of the series.

And anyways, even if the villain is great, if the protagonist is boring, uninspiring, or annoying, as JJ was, there's no emotional attachment in seeing them triumph over the villain.
    I can understand that point of view but the best and most interesting characters in all the Marvel/Netfliks stuff aren't the protagonists. For season 1 of DD the best character and performance was Fisk and in season 2 it was The Punisher. For JJ it's Purpleman but then again I'm not all that interested in the triumph of good over evil in my TV selections.

Looking forward to Luke Cage because it looks like he might be the first likeable protagonist in the batch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I can understand that point of view but the best and most interesting characters in all the Marvel/Netfliks stuff aren't the protagonists. For season 1 of DD the best character and performance was Fisk and in season 2 it was The Punisher. For JJ it's Purpleman but then again I'm not all that interested in the triumph of good over evil in my TV selections.

Looking forward to Luke Cage because it looks like he might be the first likeable protagonist in the batch lol.
    Honestly when every man and his dog was singing praises of jj I was left scratching my head. The show was really really boring and even David Tennent couldn't carry the dead weight that was jessica. Now as time has passed I'm finally seeing more people come out and complain about that show..... And it's about time too. Marvel are allowed to drop the ball every now and then people.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Honestly when every man and his dog was singing praises of jj I was left scratching my head. The show was really really boring and even David Tennent couldn't carry the dead weight that was jessica. Now as time has passed I'm finally seeing more people come out and complain about that show..... And it's about time too. Marvel are allowed to drop the ball every now and then people.
    Tennent and Luke Cage were the only bright spots of that show.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I can certainly agree that everything in the show that wasn't Purpleman had me ResidentSleeper but for me Tennant carried hard enough to say the show was good/worth watching. I'd even say I wasn't all that keen on the second half of season 2 of DD either, still way above average TV but I found The Hand rather boring and Elektra to be irksome.

D'onofrio's Fisk though? Could watch that all day.