Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Thats why people are upset... because they can't do minimal effort and get 100% guaranteed drops off guaranteed boss kills. Normal mode IS easy just like LFR... but its just not guaranteed like LFR is, which is sad.
    Some of us dont want to raid on our alts, will it kill you if ifr people get one tint of the skin, I dunno about you but, they can have that skin, and I'll get the 15 keystone mythic one if I want to feel special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So we can't even get the alternate colors? That's it, I'm out. Fuck this expansion, I honestly didn't believe they could do worse than WoD but this is the last straw, there is no way I'm going to continue playing a game I don't enjoy.
    Most of my issues with the game will be fixed with time, but this is something that can't be fixed unless blizzard actively make the change which, considering the shitshow we had with WoD LFR, I doubt they'll do.

Good, LFR should not be a means to finishing quests. It's an introduction to raiding or a simplistic way to see the raid content without being serious about it. Should you want to complete content that REQUIRES Raid requisites then you need to participate in an actual raid ie. Normal and above.

TLDR: Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Grind quest should be LFRable imo. Kill quest for a single end boss requires effort and trying but not many days of commitment like the grind quest. Odds are this will boost the selling of raid spots like the moose. So I guess the guild gets to cash in.
    I would totally support this. I could see myself suffering though one pug raid, but not enough to get the grindy bits done. Every raid tier that's had a "collect X bits" quest I've found myself getting 1-3 per raid. That would be super ugly in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    lol guess ya gotta gitgud then. Pug normal and struggle for a few hours.
    I raided full time, and HMs through Cata after which I was just burned out. When I finally got into my first mythic EoA, after 18 straight declines, I absolutely embarrassed the other two, better geared, DPSers both in pure numbers, and not standing in shit and dying, and pulling every mob on the map.

There isn't a way to show that I'm "gud" in a pug queue, unfortunately, and they just want your ilevel and achievement.

I spent an embarrassing amount of time in that first mythic, and we didn't ever beat the end boss for the quest, simply because I had been turned down so many times prior. Our first alt tank wasn't even able to withstand 3 trash mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For many people, the social interaction and the exposure to the LFG system is the problem by far, not any difficulty in gameplay.
    ^ dis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Fairly sure the quest just culminates into an artifact appearance, so its not like you lose character progression if you can't do it.
    More incentive to do the raid on normal if you do care about the appearance I suppose, /shrug
    Personally I was annoyed as hell that Loremaster forced me to do the raid on normal. I don't like raids, period. I don't want to do them but they decided to cram in GODDAMN LOREMASTER into raids.

I had to look up those quests to figure out what the fuss is about. It's just for weapon skins.... big deal.

I do agree that it should be done in LFR, but not for the same reasons. There absolutely should be an artifact appearance locked behind raiding.

What I disagree with is that the corrupted essences are a grind, and in that case should be tied to LFR. That, or drastically reduce the amount of essences. Grinding is a mind-numbing task, and therefore should be restricted to the lowest possible difficulty. When you clear a higher difficulty, one run should be it, you're done. Move on to the next.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2016-09-27 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    I had to look up those quests to figure out what the fuss is about. It's just for weapon skins.... big deal.
    Considering it's about a base appearance, which has 3 other unlockables makes the rest of the tints feel incoherent.
    Basically: The grind for the rest won't matter as the means for using it is locked behind a certain way, in this case, raid quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalene View Post
    Considering it's about a base appearance, which has 3 other unlockables makes the rest of the tints feel incoherent.
    Basically: The grind for the rest won't matter as the means for using it is locked behind a certain way, in this case, raid quests.
    This. I wouldn't be so pissed off if I could at least get one of the other colors of the sword without having to grind this out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People being autistic does not mean they are idiots and is not in any way related to not interrupting. By design someone who is autistic is likely to be a better player because he or she has much better focus on a single activity.
    The major difficulty for many of us in doing normal is not the game but the community. The difficulty of normal PuGs is not in the gameplay but in finding the group.
    Plus I play a tank. I never find a group in LFG looking for tanks, it's like people don't even list their group before they get two tanks. And this is Legion so I cannot easily switch to Holy or Ret so I can get in a group.
    i only play tanks and i just start my own group so i can kick people who arent doing their job. i usually start my group as soon as i log in and do everything i need to while it fills, it takes long enough for a group to form let alone get people to do their jobs, and id rather kick someone doing 300k dps but no mechanics than someone doing 100k but doing all the mechanics, and theres no excuse for people not to do mechanics there are multiple websites, dozens of videos/guides, and the in-game explanations

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to view it in this way:

The reason former legendaries (cloaks & rings) was allowed quest loot in the LFR mode is because those were time limited. They said from the start of MoP they were going to remove the cloaks AND later on the rings, mainly because it's more of a proof of "I was there" (beware, meme picture) rather than a sense of completionism ages past that content.

As far as we know currently, none of what currently lies on the table is going to get removed, therefore they might see no need to enable the quests on the LFR mode.
    That's how I view it, you are free to think different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    All modes should be queable and just make the groups sink or swim.
    might as well just make everything single player scenarios then cause theres already 0 loyalty and reason to talk to people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalene View Post
    I like to view it in this way:

The reason former legendaries (cloaks & rings) was allowed quest loot in the LFR mode is because those were time limited. They said from the start of MoP they were going to remove the cloaks AND later on the rings, mainly because it's more of a proof of "I was there" (beware, meme picture) rather than a sense of completionism ages past that content.

As far as we know currently, none of what currently lies on the table is going to get removed, therefore they might see no need to enable the quests on the LFR mode.
    That's how I view it, you are free to think different.
    i believe they said in one of the Q&A vids they did artifact appearances get removed after legion, i could be wrong/misunderstood but thats how i understand it, but its something purely cosmetic so i dont think it matters if it gets removed or not but i would prefer it would

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This. I wouldn't be so pissed off if I could at least get one of the other colors of the sword without having to grind this out first.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they happen to ease the requirements (as in, not requiring the base appearance) later on.
    However, as it currently stands, you need the base appearance to be able to use the rest of tints.

Feel free to post a thread on the official forums (or comment on existing ones) to raise your voice.
    Whether they'll do something about it, I have sincerely no idea.

As they say: "If you don't try, you won't succeed". Happy tattle telling to the official forums, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    might as well just make everything single player scenarios then cause theres already 0 loyalty and reason to talk to people
    And that's the fault of the community not the game.

This thread is a perfect example of how shit the community has gotten. To be clear I mean the whole online gaming community not just wow.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    [...]

i believe they said in one of the Q&A vids they did artifact appearances get removed after legion, i could be wrong/misunderstood but thats how i understand it, but its something purely cosmetic so i dont think it matters if it gets removed or not but i would prefer it would
    Considering the previous legendaries held their own powers in comparison to different models this time around, unless they remove the artifacts and replace them with new ones or a continuation of your current artifact, I would believe they won't remove it until at least another expansion has passed.

Obviously, I have no proof for it and currently only speculations. It could very well be removed, the quests/prerequisites for the original appearances, but Blizzard will give a notice long time in advance, in case they'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    The point is, they didn't put it in THE ACTUAL RAID QUEST. People are going to go into LFR expecting it to work. If they had simply done that, people would have been able to look ahead and know, as well.

But, you know, yes, I do think they should have listed this as a raid quest from the beginning. It comes across like one of the Class Hall quests, like the Illidan ones, and it's a bit of a downer when players hit that wall they didn't see coming in what looks like a big lore chain.
    They could have easily made it obvious it was for a "raid only" Artifact appearance from the get go.
    You're right, and I've already stated that. The wording sounded like what was meant was different.. as in the very first quest should have it. You're right though, it should say whether it need normal/heroic/whatever

But like I've also said.. its not really a wall. Normals are easy, just not guaranteed like LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's the fault of the community not the game.

This thread is a perfect example of how shit the community has gotten. To be clear I mean the whole online gaming community not just wow.
    Perfect example? As in? Sure, some comments are borderline to madness, those should just get reported and the moderators will take care of them, but there are still reasonable posts here discussing why it should and why it should not be allowed to have the artifact quests in the LFR mode.

Else, yes, anonymity does not equal to good conversations, but that's a matter of character.

Personally, finding a group of friendly people who are a bit clueless about what to do is a lot better (in my opinion) than 24 strangers who range from godly God elitist to downright floor tank (FFXIV terms; Dragoon is a melee dps and because of the abilities, gets animation locked and thus more open to boss aoe) and bickering about how the floor tank is a good example for minimal damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Some of us dont want to raid on our alts, will it kill you if ifr people get one tint of the skin, I dunno about you but, they can have that skin, and I'll get the 15 keystone mythic one if I want to feel special.
    People in LFR can't even get a single tint?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So we can't even get the alternate colors? That's it, I'm out. Fuck this expansion, I honestly didn't believe they could do worse than WoD but this is the last straw, there is no way I'm going to continue playing a game I don't enjoy.
    Most of my issues with the game will be fixed with time, but this is something that can't be fixed unless blizzard actively make the change which, considering the shitshow we had with WoD LFR, I doubt they'll do.
    You don't enjoy this game because a single tint is locked behind... normal raids...

Like the title says,I'm sorry but not being able to do the two Artifact Quests in LFR is bullshit.

The two quests I am talking about is In Nightmares and Essence of Power. These quests from what I been reading can not be completed in LFR.

I tweeted blizzard to confirm and will post the reply when and if I get it.

If that is the case then that is total bullshit. They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.

Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    You can't? Thats good news. Now get into real raiding or make do without thoes quests.