Deleted
    They're really trying to shove raiding down people's throats this time. Just wait until they implement flying and it too requires non-LFR raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I can already get mythic-level gear in LFR though... I can get the LFR tier gauntlets and have them titanforged to a mythic item level through pure luck, yet I can't get a cosmetic reward, despite fulfilling the requirements to do so, because... Why exactly? Raiders like to feel 'spechul' and get offended if I walk around with the blue version of their grindy red sword?
    they wont have the mythic visual though, they will still have the lower visual, look this has ALLLLLWAAAAYYYYYSS been a thing and ALLLWAAAAYYYYYSSSS will be, but people like to complain about every little thing... you want the mythic looking gear? gotta do mythic, either now or later, you want the third artifact skin? gotta do NORMAL either now, or later, you want the mythic mount, gotta do it now, or later
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    So many ppl in this thread want stuff without putting in ANY effort for it, makes me sick.
    (LFR is not effort)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Imagine if the artifact chain required you to achieve a certain arena rating. People would go mental.
    It was bad enough in MoP they forced you to win those 2 new BGs...took many hours of queuing and losing to finally win, as the side I played on of course was the weaker side of the battlegroup it drew players from.

I don't know how this pushing into normals and mythics with quests will end up working out.

I don't see what the issue is. It seemed from the beginning the 3rd tier of appearances would be gated behind raiding/achievements while the 4th are gated behind pvp.

I think for fury warriors the hidden appearance is gated behind world bosses. Not sure about the rest of the color variants. But there are options, surely you didn't expect to be able to get all of the appearances just by doing one thing?
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You can afk in NM and get things done as well, but I guess since you payed for it or its guildies then its ok right.
    I'm not sure what you mean by guildies or paid for it, but if you can AFK in NM and get things done then going and doing normal mode shouldn't be too hard now should it? I'm just saying you shouldn't expect to be able to get everything out of LFR.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they wont have the mythic visual though, they will still have the lower visual, look this has ALLLLLWAAAAYYYYYSS been a thing and ALLLWAAAAYYYYYSSSS will be, but people like to complain about every little thing... you want the mythic looking gear? gotta do mythic, either now or later, you want the third artifact skin? gotta do NORMAL either now, or later, you want the mythic mount, gotta do it now, or later
    Except next expansion I can go pug HFC and get those fancy shoulder pads in your sig. This sword is gone when legion is, which means despite killing the 8 world bosses required for one of the tints I still won't have my sword.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you couldent do the Toc unless you had a certin ilvl, and you couldent do the icc dungeons unless you did a attunement
    also most of wrath you couldent even que, you had to make a group!

- - - Updated - - -

OMFG a cosmetic item is locked behind doing *GASP* NORMAL raid!?!??!!? what kinda madness is this!? its worse then the moose mount being locked behind heroic archimonde, any mythic set of gear or mounts being locked behind mythic bosses, or titles being locked behind bosses! this is the most horrid thing in all of wow, nuke it, nuke it from orbit!
    I am not against blizzards decision on this at all. I just posted a source to their official statement about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Strange, I also happen to play a Shaman (Elem) and got accepted into a Normal EN group. Cleared 7/7 with them.
    I'm Enhance, so I have to fight all of the Demon Hunters for a spot. Finding groups is frustrating, I waste so much time doing it.

As someone who is very unlikely to enter any raid harder than LFR I don't really have a problem with this. Normal+ raids have always had some aesthetic awards that LFR doesn't get, I don't see a big difference between this and the mounts that usually get awarded from "proper" raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    If "Normal is ridiculously easy" why not allow it on LFR for those that do not have the interest in dealing with the drama of the LFG tool?

That easy argument always baffles me.
    LFR is infinitely more toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Except next expansion I can go pug HFC and get those fancy shoulder pads in your sig. This sword is gone when legion is, which means despite killing the 8 world bosses required for one of the tints I still won't have my sword.
    You can't PuG HFC and get the moose though, it's a similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    So that's why when WoW had its highest sub count LFR didn't exist, because it's the thing that people pay 15$ a month for.
    True. But besides knowing the sub count, we know nothing else. Blizzard once said that WoW overall had 100 million accounts. Assuming these were active accounts of various forms, WoW now has, at conservative estimate between 5 and 7 millions subs at present time? That is 5% to 7% retention rate.

To put it in business terms, every 100 new customers that comes through your door, only 5 returns. That may sound great, until you realize there isn't an endless stream of new customers. There is a saturation point when the rate of new customers falls. 100 today. 90 tomorrow. 80 the day after next. It happens to all businesses.

People assumes, and yes, assumes, that the same people who played during that "golden age" are still the same people playing now.

Glad it's not available in LFR. It's a single COSMETIC APPEARANCE that is rewarded for raiders, not even mythic raiders as you can do it on normal. It's not a legendary or any sort of character progression that you need to get to progress your character.

There should be some incentive to do something harder than LFR as LFR is just meant for the story and people who don't normally raid to experience the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    jesus.... learn the fights, pug normal, join a guild.

LFR is not raiding, it's tourist mode.

Nothing is special anymore because everyone wants shit to be handed to them without even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Thats literally to a T what I wrote. DO you even read what you respond to?
    And exactly what I was saying is that adding an arbitrary and unnecessary time commitment to something that doesn't need it ISN'T "engaging content."

Hunting for pets has enough time commitment finding the pet you want, finding one with a good grade and stats, and then leveling him to 25.
    Running around the mountain to get to him isn't good design, and saying "well you're not willing to put the time in!" is defending stupid design meant to keep us on the hamster wheel. So disappointing people equate pointless time wasting with actual "reward" and defend that sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You can't PuG HFC and get the moose though, it's a similar situation.
    Getting the moose took me one pug, we killed the boss in 15 minutes.

This requires grinding at least 30 items plus God knows what else from nighthold on a weekly basis with a 15% drop rate. There's a big fucking difference.

If it was as simple as getting the moose I'd be waving it around Dalaran by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    jesus.... learn the fights, pug normal, join a guild.

LFR is not raiding, it's tourist mode.

Nothing is special anymore because everyone wants shit to be handed to them without even trying.
    Unfortunately, guilds are almost as toxic as the LFR environment, unless you're willing to pay for faction/realm changes to find one that "works" for you; big reason I went from HM raiding to completely casual.

People keep whining about how pre-made content ruined the community, without realizing pre-made content became necessary because of how the community, including guilds, were trending.
    If you're in a good guild that gets shit done, and gets along, good for you, you're in the minority. In my decade of WoW experience, most guilds quickly become a drama filled shitfest, or an environment where no one "socializes" outside of swearing at one another during raid nights.

Wait, you mean the weapon previously wielded by the strongest heroes of azeroth are now being wielded by "heroes" that complain about an epic quest?