Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just went through EN wing 1 on LFR. Apart from one wipe on Il'gynoth, the whole thing went fine. I haven't noticed a dramatic change in how resilient my DH is. I'm still tanky AF. Il'gynoth even dropped a titanforged trinket for me (Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor).

Overall, the Veng DH still feels tanky to me, so I'm not abandoning my progress now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I just went through EN wing 1 on LFR. Apart from one wipe on Il'gynoth, the whole thing went fine. I haven't noticed a dramatic change in how resilient my DH is. I'm still tanky AF. Il'gynoth even dropped a titanforged trinket for me (Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor).

Overall, the Veng DH still feels tanky to me, so I'm not abandoning my progress now.

in LFR u cant test anything man... don't say LFR this or that pls LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post

You could take off half your gear and still feel tanky in LFR.

This change hurts bleeding edge progression not face roll garb. Some people with a near 20% nerf to DS is going to hurt bad when you're trying to tank Mythic Ursoc at 855-865ish ilvl. No changing the stacking to versatility isn't going to do shit when you're trying to lessen the damage of massive physical burst and give 2 shits about steady damage. This nerf may very well make Vegeance not viable in hardcore undergeared Mythic progression, it still felt alright on Nyth but Nyth hits like a joke even on Mythic. Mastery was out of hand with how fast it stacked up, but the nerf was over the top, especially cutting the 12% base in half(which has nothing to do with people stacking it, and wouldn't have made it any more or less valuable for it to stay the same).

I lost more then I was expecting, but it is not the end of the world. Napkin math 1000 mastery = 2% physical now

Id say Vers>Haste>Mast>Crit but they are pretty close. Going to gem and enchant haste till I get more on my gear myself.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn mastery is poop now. 7400rating gives 15,7% (not counting the fee 6%).

I went from 59% Physical DR to 41%. Thats a HUGE difference i'd say. It puts alot more focus on being able to control ones lesser fragment spawns .. I might actually start using Fracture in 104talent-level instead, just for this, makes Soul Barrier (with +4 fragments) much more vital.

Deleted
    I have more crit than mastery now...hurray...

Quote Originally Posted by reimonic View Post
    I have more crit than mastery now...hurray...
    Me 2. 38% crit, 24% mastery... The funniest thing is that now, the second boost of mastery (AP) is now bigger than the main.. They should switch them

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    10% damage, 10% healing and like 20% damage reduction removed overnight for my character.

I would be salty, but its the way wow has always been. Ups and downs.
    Damage and healing ? why ? the mastery nerf only applied to its bonus to DR
    Chic Not Geek

Deleted
    I'm sorry but I still do not get this. Is the change in game, and the tooltip is wrong?

Yesterday it was showing 12% base and +28% from mastery reduction. Today it's showing 6% base and +14% from mastery reduction. So it's a 50% nerf for total of -20% damage reduction when I use demonic spikes?

Quote Originally Posted by morphium View Post
    I'm sorry but I still do not get this. Is the change in game, and the tooltip is wrong?

Yesterday it was showing 12% base and +28% from mastery reduction. Today it's showing 6% base and +14% from mastery reduction. So it's a 50% nerf for total of -20% damage reduction when I use demonic spikes?
    Yes that's what happened to mastery. It got halved.
    Then ds got a 10% buff so your total dr got reduced by 10%.

Ok I checked. My numbers before nerf (not stacking mastery intentionally):

Demon Spikes 41%

After nerf: 35%

Nerf percent: (1- 35/41)* 100 = 15%

so total 15% nerf which is quite big.

(for 853ilvl)

Quote Originally Posted by adventurer View Post
    Ok I checked. My numbers before nerf (not stacking mastery intentionally):

Demon Spikes 41%

After nerf: 35%

Nerf percent: (1- 35/41)* 100 = 15%

so total 15% nerf which is quite big.

(for 853ilvl)
    Thats not how math for this generally works. You would take 41%-35% to get 6% nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I have not noticed much difference. I have about 7k mastery. We cleared whole hc EN and did a few attempts on mythic Nyth before the raid was over. I didn't feel like I was taking more damage compared to our DK tank.

Honestly the only fight I really noticed it badly on was ursoc. The changes make tanking on that fight a lot more difficult. I noticed it a bit in mythic+ dungeons but only in the level 4+ range.