Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You still have a paid sub, it's just somebody else paid for it then gave it to you for some gold.
    Not only that, but Blizzard makes even more money off of those than normal subs!

Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    #1 - It's not blocking 82% of players from getting it. Just because ~18% of players cleared a normal raid in previous expansion, nothing is stopping people from raiding in this expansion except their own decision not to do so.
    And then there's that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    I'm so happy about this, something that us raiders get that not everyone will have makes the time invested in organizing a raid feel a little more worth it.
    I wonder how many of the people in a raid actually do "invest time" in organizing a raid. Everyone is a raid leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Like, seriously, if he isn't PVEing, what the hell else is he doing?
    Nothing-ing?
    Who cares about the actual definition of pve? LFR player saying he's PVE player is an insult to mythic raiders. And no, i don't raid mythic myself. Nobody ever complained about the difficulty of vanilla, tbc, wotlk raids even though some vanilla fights were literally impossible before the fix. 10 years later we have people complaining about the difficulty of normal raids even tho ANYONE can 1 shot ANY fight in normal emerald dream. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Who cares about the actual definition of pve? LFR player saying he's PVE player is an insult to mythic raiders. And no, i don't raid mythic myself. Nobody ever complained about the difficulty of vanilla, tbc, wotlk raids even though some vanilla fights were literally impossible before the fix. 10 years later we have people complaining about the difficulty of normal raids even tho ANYONE can 1 shot ANY fight in normal emerald dream. It's pathetic.
    You're talking about raiding. Not PVEing. Just say raiding. Why twist it?

I also don't even understand why you said that other stuff... I'm not complaining about anything. I just think it's weird that people are using words to define things weirdly.

Seriously, though, if the person isn't PVEing, what the hell are they doing?

Nothing-ing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    If LFR rewarded the skin, you might as well remove the quest chain and have it be a clickable object in the class hall, just about the same amount of effort required.
    It wasn't an issue for the legendary ring and cloak from the previous two expansions.

Basically because it makes no sense that they are not,
    This is the "argument from OCD", and it isn't actually a valid argument.

Sometimes one of these things is not like the others. Deal.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    nothing is stopping people from raiding in this expansion except their own decision not to do so.
    I don't have an issue with a skin unlock requiring raiding, my issue is with the entire row unlock requiring raiding. If it was a case of "kill x world bosses to unlock the base, then do y dungeon achieves for a green one, then complete a raid quest for a red one" that would be cool as that's how I view PVE tiers. But having it started with the least popular group PVE content is a bit wank.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is
    A snipped quote taken out of context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    "Times change"
    Yet not always for the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    "Times change"
    Not for the better.

Damn it, was beaten to it.

LFR has made people afraid of normal mode. That's more or less a fact. If people are crying over the fact that they can't do something in LFR, when it would be just as easy to do in Normal, then they are simply afraid of normal.

Not playing on Normal means you aren't going to experience even 1% of how to properly play this game in PVE. Not to mention you aren't going to get the satisfaction of actually getting something for putting just a little bit of effort.

I speak from personal experience.

I don't have an issue with a skin unlock requiring raiding, my issue is with the entire row unlock requiring raiding. If it was a case of "kill x world bosses to unlock the base, then do y dungeon achieves for a green one, then complete a raid quest for a red one" that would be cool as that's how I view PVE tiers. But having it started with the least popular group PVE content is a bit wank.
    qft .

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    LFR was introduced in Cata.

Cataclysm is when sub count started drastically dropping.
    Subs started dropping before LFR was added, so the correlation you are pointing out is better explained by the latter causing the former.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says,I'm sorry but not being able to do the two Artifact Quests in LFR is bullshit.

The two quests I am talking about is In Nightmares and Essence of Power. These quests from what I been reading can not be completed in LFR.

I tweeted blizzard to confirm and will post the reply when and if I get it.

If that is the case then that is total bullshit. They are making NM+ raiding a requirement for people to progress there Artifact Quest Chain.

Edit: Also no where does it state on the quests you need to do NM+ to finish them.
    Isent just those for the artefact comsmetic?

You can complet the pathfinder in LRF, but not the artefact cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yet not always for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Not for the better.

Damn it, was beaten to it.
    Would be true if the quests required Mythic, which they don't. If you can beat an entire game with bosses that require just a bit of tactic, then you can beat Normal raids in WoW.

LFR is for those whose favorite game is Angry Birds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It wasn't an issue for the legendary ring and cloak from the previous two expansions.
    Why do you compare cosmetics with legendarys`?

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    You're talking about raiding. Not PVEing. Just say raiding. Why twist it?

I also don't even understand why you said that other stuff... I'm not complaining about anything. I just think it's weird that people are using words to define things weirdly.

Seriously, though, if the person isn't PVEing, what the hell are they doing?

Nothing-ing?
    I responded to you because you were nitpicking. Raiding, pve, blabla, you knew what I'm talking about. However, other people complained about normal difficulty, which is just....i can't even find the right word. I swear because of people like that next expansion won't even have a raid. First mob you kill will just drop full epic gear and you're done.

Wait a minute, you guys are talking about cosmetics? Are you for real?

/FACEPALM

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    Why do you compare cosmetics with legendarys`?
    If anything, it's MORE acceptable that cosmetics have requirements that fewer can do, since cosmetics don't involve a power gain that gates other content.