Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This is a poor black child in America:

This is a poor black child in Africa:

Go ahead and tell me again that the one whos ancestors were taken to America got a bad deal.

Look at how good Jews are doing now! They even got their own country. The holocaust was good for them!

these are the people you want to give the internet too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Look at how good Jews are doing now! They even got their own country. The holocaust was good for them!
    if it had actually happened

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    To me, it sounds like [...]
    Opinions are irrelevant, you have no facts. They are a UN-affiliated panel, and simply reporting their findings to the UN HRC doesn't mean anything at all. None of this stuff has any weight whatsoever, nor should it be treated as an actual UN HRC announcement.

They're not part of the governing body, they're called the Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent. Does that sound to you like a heavyweight consultant to the HRC? Do you think that a group with such a name would ever make a statement saying anything other than reparations are needed? The answer to both is obviously no.

The UN HRC forms lots of panels, all the time. They're always doing it, because it's how organizations like that show that they're conducting ongoing research. To pretend that these obscure panels' findings are going to be made manifest is just foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    these are the people you want to give the internet too?

- - - Updated - - -

if it had actually happened
    Lol at any one who believes the holocaust is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Has the UN ever been good for the West and White people?
    Or anyone.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be quite the boost for the economy if they did, but it would be better done with better economic principles rather than a direct infusion of cash to...whoever makes the claim I guess? This long after Slavery I feel like though reperations might seem like a good idea to some, but would just end up pissing off all non-black people who are in the same situation and yet don't get anything because of their family history. Yes black people do suffer more in some ways because of their skin, but all poor people are suffering, not just black ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good things can come out of tragedy. Are you honestly suggesting that Jews are not in a better position than they were?

Ya. I should pay for the atrocities my white ancestors committed by leaving Russia for being persecuted as Volga Germans in 1916.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Good things can come out of tragedy. Are you honestly suggesting that Jews are not in a better position than they were?
    Those that survived and their children, grand- and grand-grandchildren - sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Those that survived and their children, grand- and grand-grandchildren - sure.
    We are comparing it to events that happened 150 years ago, so it would be grand children and beyond, not survivors or their children.

We are comparing it to events that happened 150 years ago, so it would be grand children and beyond, not survivors or their children.
    HEy slavwry ended but you're forgetting Jim Crow era. That era is truly what cemented black Americans. I need their current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    HEy slavwry ended but you're forgetting Jim Crow era. That era is truly what cemented black Americans.
    Reparations for slavery that wasn't slavery?

I need their current state.
    To feed your victim complex?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought we were talking about holocaust, that happened ~80 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I thought we were talking about holocaust, that happened ~80 years ago?
    The comparison was to slavery though, see post #142.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Didn't Clinton apologize for slavery? Seems like he was apologizing for everything for a while there.
    Guessing you didn't watch the DNC.. everything is about slavery and racism and you are also a sexist if you dont vote for a sleazeball like Hillary (course... voting for Trump is equally bad if not worse..... honestly America... 319M people and THOSE 2 fucktards is the best you can come up with?? )

Reparations for slavery that wasn't slavery?

To feed your victim complex?

"In" is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Your link says "A U.N. Affiliated group in Geneeva".

..that is NOT THE UNITED NATIONS! It's apparently some random tiny group that is "affiliated" with the UN by <<undesclosed reasons>> that gave an opinion.

Tell me who REALLY gave this opinion, and then we'll talk..
    I'm gonna take a wild stab at this and guess someone involved with BLM.....

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Pay attention to the fact that how long ago slavery was and people think they should get money or a reward of some kind. If for some goddamn someone decided to move forward, this wouldn't be a one and done. Every generation afterward would demand money for not being a slave.

This is one of the funniest parts.
    And that's the thrust of the ridiculousness of the argument. People, who weren't slaves, want money for other people, not necessarily even their direct ancestors, being slaves.

This would never happen in the United States. It's not even a non-starter. It's laughable (and I'm a lefty, too).

10+ Year Old Account
    "In" is what I meant.
    What truly cemented some black communities in their current state in the US is cultural and it is a culture they themselves have created and fuel. The glorification of crime and violence is the main issue, along with this perpetual state of seeing themselves as the victim no matter what. Take them out of that culture and hey presto, they are just like everyone else.

However that would mean having to take personal responsibillity for their predicament and for overcoming it, but people often don't like to think they are to blame in any way, so they feed off the bullshit merchants who say it is everybody else's fault and they in turn feed that bullshit to others, so the eternal cycle of bullshit rolls on.

It is not easy to break out of cultural practices ingrained within your community, but you can't blame others just because you can't be arsed to do so.

You only get one shot at life, don't waste it on being a victim of your own making.

Quote Originally Posted by gusty jack View Post
    Opinions are irrelevant, you have no facts. They are a UN-affiliated panel, and simply reporting their findings to the UN HRC doesn't mean anything at all. None of this stuff has any weight whatsoever, nor should it be treated as an actual UN HRC announcement.

They're not part of the governing body, they're called the Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent. Does that sound to you like a heavyweight consultant to the HRC? Do you think that a group with such a name would ever make a statement saying anything other than reparations are needed? The answer to both is obviously no.

The UN HRC forms lots of panels, all the time. They're always doing it, because it's how organizations like that show that they're conducting ongoing research. To pretend that these obscure panels' findings are going to be made manifest is just foolish.
    Correction, the group is: "United Nations' Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, a body that reports to the international organization's High Commissioner on Human Rights". So yes. It does sound quite a bit like they have the ear of someone high up, namely the #1 person on the HRC. Call it "opinion" all you like, but the fact remains, regardless of how biased the group might be, they are not some vague, hardly known, never-heard-of-before group to the UN. They are advisors that are heard from by the person running the HRC. If someone stated that they reported to the President of the United States, I would (rightly) assume that they have some sway as they have the ear directly of the person in charge (the debate of whether the President is really "in charge" is another debate entirely).