10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish Blizzard didn't do this shit with Warriors every single expansion.

First, they make this really neat mechanic, except wait... there is only one primary source of damage from that mechanic.
    Second, they find out that the mechanic is overtuned and nerf it without compensation.
    Finally, we're left with a shell of what we were supposed to be and they act like everything is hunkey-dory.

Oh and not to mention just about every fight so far in this raid tier has been heavily biased towards ranged dps.

Just because melee drops huge numbers on a patchwerk fight doesn't flipping mean that's what is actually happening.
    This is coming from a guy who's pretty much lost both of his raid spots because Prot has horrible rage gen which leads to sub par dps/mitigation and Arms can hardly compete with Rdps. (I know I'm salty...) T_T

Has anyone tried the Chaos Talisman? I have an 855 one but it feels awful. All the sims have it as a great trinket but it takes my character over a minute to stack it without lust, and with all the target swapping on some fights I just don't see where the power is.

Realistically I just lost my raid spot. Should I keep fighting for that spot or unsubscribe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Realistically I just lost my raid spot. Should I keep fighting for that spot or unsubscribe?
    \o/ time to find one those elusive "casual raiding guilds" right? \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Hope and pray the RNG Gods are on your side and you can get that Legendary ring.
    Signatures are overrated.

lol went to this "carry" grp for maw of souls, and after out dpsing their 860+ gear players who had legendaries, and I had none, on boss fights, the healer decided not to heal me on the last boss and he didn't rez me either! Oh so low of them.

Arms is more than fine right now.....there's really nothing to complain about damage wise besides sometimes getting bad RNG on CS resets

Quote Originally Posted by Buesketter View Post
    so are we just running the highest ilvl relic almost regardless of trait now?
    Look at all the top parsing Arms warriors (even those without legendaries) they seem to be going for iLvl, though I'd favor Exploit the Weakness (or reduced MS cost) if it was close in iLvl to a bad passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    Arms is more than fine right now.....there's really nothing to complain about damage wise besides sometimes getting bad RNG on CS resets
    I think the latter part of your post is precisely what people are complaining about. Without the legendary gloves or ring, RNG on one night of EN could cost you your raid spot. Crap procs on the kill attempts? Well damn son your deeps is pretty low, sorry.

I'm enjoying taking a break from progression raiding this expac and just crunching mythic+ with my buddies. Though arms isn't the most satisfying mythic+ spec lol, working towards a fury set for speed run carries.

Jesus Christ @ some of these ret pally Nythendra and Ursoc logs, it's amazing to me that their single target actually got megabuffed in the tuning pass - they were amazing single target albeit crap AoE. They've basically replaced pre-tune arms as single target gods with some decent RNG.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-29 at 07:21 AM.

Yeah our ret is single target king and lord of the melee. The chosen one to compete with our ranged overlords

Quote Originally Posted by gromnak View Post
    arms is more than fine right now.....there's really nothing to complain about damage wise besides sometimes getting bad rng on cs resets
    not everybody has legendary gloves you inbred nog

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    not everybody has legendary gloves you inbred nog
    ayy lmao bruh xD

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    While I agree with that and I tested that MS has better dps/rage, I can see that some high parses (e.g. here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline ) don't use MS without FR stacks at all and just use colossus/execute outside of BC window. I wonder why. I did some calculations, with 3/3 Deathblow and 15% base crit chance Execute is still slightly lower. With 4/4 Deathblow, though, Execute becomes better than MS.

So it's better to use MS, unless you have 4/4 Deathblow, in which case you should completely exclude non-FR MS from execute rotation. Is that right?
    I think the sims said it better to just execute, but I'm not sure

Does anyone know if there are target dummies that drop to below 20%?
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2016-09-29 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzoh View Post
    I think the sims said it better to just execute, but I'm not sure

Does anyone know if there are target dummies that drop to below 20%?
    Shrine I think. 5 hp dummies that drop to 1hp if hit iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethmold View Post
    So on Monday 26th i was averaging roughly 270k +/- 20k. Today i'm lucky to hit 170k and i've change NOTHING about my gear or my rotation.

I'm sitting at 80% mast with 2 EtW relics.

I'm completely lost.
    Anyone able to help me diagnose this issue please?

Deleted
    Anyone able to help me diagnose this issue please?
    Kinda hard to say without logs or gear.

You running ilvl or etw maxed relics? You still using hamstring (if played wrong it now really fucks you up)? You using exe/Fr under 20%? Double pot? etc. a bit more info would make it clearer .

I myself only lost like 20k on the hc bosses compared to last week with a bit of ilvl increase

I went from the top 3 of the dps meter to around 7-10 place after the changes. It feels like tact never fucking proccs anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpride View Post
    You running ilvl or etw maxed relics?
    Ilvl for arms is around 850. Weapon is 869 with 2 EtW relics. 80% mast

You still using hamstring (if played wrong it now really fucks you up)?
    Yes, i haven't changed anything as I've been away and unable to keep up to date with the current situation. So you should never use Hamstring anymore? And does this really fuck you over if you do?

You using exe/Fr under 20%? Double pot? etc. a bit more info would make it clearer .
    AFAIK <20% you CS > Exe only unless BC is up then you weave FR and MS in?

Thanks for helping.

But don't worry guys. In two weeks we can wear the two legendaries we haven't gotten yet!

Deleted
    Ilvl for arms is around 850. Weapon is 869 with 2 EtW relics. 80% mast

Yes, i haven't changed anything as I've been away and unable to keep up to date with the current situation. So you should never use Hamstring anymore? And does this really fuck you over if you do?

AFAIK <20% you CS > Exe only unless BC is up then you weave FR and MS in?

Thanks for helping.
    Okay sounds fine... on ursoc i pulled like 270 with around the same ilvl (and i would consider myself a fairly mediacore arms because of it being my secondary specc as we have to many tanks) , but i use 878 weapon with 1 ETW (i guess you loose a bit there towards my gear)

Well you "can" basically still use HMS during BC as it does free dmg (around 1k dps for the whole fight so basically nothing), but if you are a heavy buttonmasher (like myself) and you push your macro ones to many (in the whole fight) you already wasted this, if you now overcommit on every BC, i kinda guess you gonna waste a LOT of rage into HMS that do basically nothing (not 100k, but i guess you can loose 10-20k on it) . So i would try taking it out of the macro and see the result (I "gained" around 5k, cause i had quiet a few HMS failures), if you have logs, you can check how many noncrit HMs you have, thats basically the "missed" ones.

Yeah i am doing the same (pushed me ahead of our other arms with heavy ilvl Advantage in every execute Phase, he was FR+MS prioterizing) .

Maybe a more experienced Warr has some more ideas.