Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Situation is critical now. We are trapped into class, into spec. We need freedom and ability to play alts or offspecs on same competitive lvl. I don't want be in same like WoD legendary ring situation where Mythic was no place to play on alts. I want diversity and more fun form free choices.
    Amount of job to have high lvl artifact is simply gigantic. I can do that, but no way I will repeat this on alts and offspec. All "catching up" mechanics are simply too weak.
    I want my power be shard by alts and offspces. If you nerf classes many ppl will quit game because they must do that gigantic job again. They will stay if you make artifice weapon account wide. Variety if fun, being prisoner of one weapon is not.
    I am glad i can actually focus on 1 character for once. Alts bore me to death i can understand you as my wife feels the same about her alts. But the selfish me thinks this change in great
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I am glad i can actually focus on 1 character for once. Alts bore me to death i can understand you as my wife feels the same about her alts. But the selfish me thinks this change in great
    That's fine if you enjoy it. It's your gaming experience.

However, for many others who play more than one toon I pose the question; under this model of character progression why even have the option to make other characters or even have other toons if you can't make any meaningful progression towards them? Offspecs and even to some degree alts are barely a rung or two on the ladder above eye candy at this point. Pretty big waste of the aspect of an expansion that was aimed to be rewarding to multiple classes via things like class quests and spec specific things if you aren't intended to play them much past the first character.

Deleted
    I was considering the idea of totally removing Artifact Knowledge and make it global for everyone.
    Since the current "catch up" mechanic calculates the date of release of the expansion, why not remove Artifact Knowledge altogether and make the modifiers global for everyone?
    It would be so much more logical, that way people that start later aren't screwed, and there's no need for secret catch up mechanic in research.

Researching stuff, waiting for orders, is never fun, and facebook-esque type of gameplay is NOT a good idea for an MMORPG.
    Leveling up, Gearing up, gaining more power through gameplay - now that is progress an rpg/mmorpg should strive for, not passive waiting games.

Deleted
    I just wish the artifact research notes were account wide. I don't mind farming AP on my alt that much provided that I don't have to have x main characters. I want one main and several alt I can use in a raid environment (not necessarily mythic).

You should have to only reach level 25 AP research once for Legion to be alt friendly. Right now, it sucks and it feels like a job.

I play a Druid and if I wanna play all four specs I have to seriously gimp my main raiding spec. Sucks but, well, thats how it is. In a couple of months this wont be an issue any more.

Theres more than enough catch up mechanics for the artifact weapon already. You dont need yet another just because you're lazy and dont actually want to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I was considering the idea of totally removing Artifact Knowledge and make it global for everyone.
    Since the current "catch up" mechanic calculates the date of release of the expansion, why not remove Artifact Knowledge altogether and make the modifiers global for everyone?
    It would be so much more logical, that way people that start later aren't screwed, and there's no need for secret catch up mechanic in research.

Researching stuff, waiting for orders, is never fun, and facebook-esque type of gameplay is NOT a good idea for an MMORPG.
    Leveling up, Gearing up, gaining more power through gameplay - now that is progress an rpg/mmorpg should strive for, not passive waiting games.
    In what way are they screwed?
    The people that are ahead of the new player in terms of both artifact level and artifact knowledge will still have to wait 5 days for their AK research, where as the new player only will have to wait 3-4 days.

You say you want progress, yet earlier in the thread you said you even wanter reps to be account bound, wich is even more stupid than this idea.
    Last edited by Dominus89; 2016-09-29 at 08:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see artifact knowledge become account wide some months in, around the time max level heirlooms would normally be available.

Also, I really want rep from previous expansions to share between all characters, taking the highest rep from all of your characters for each faction. It can remain restricted for current content.

I feel like I will stuck on one spec for a very long time!
    Artefact is a good idea, you should not need to level it on every spec.
    Also, the requirements of expensive tomes to change talents is as ridiculous!