Order Hall Resources

As someone who plays the game pretty casual logon maybe 2-3 nights a week for a few hours, I am finding it very hard to get Order Hall resources especially with the mobile app letting me run missions all the time. Now I made the mistake of spending my resources on upgrading some class hall armour parts and since then I am really struggling to get over 10k.

How are other casual players finding it? Is it best to stop running missions to save up resources? My biggest gain used to be from the emiersary chest rewards but since they added armour rewards I don't even get that all the time now. When I do play I always head for the world quests that reward resources but it just don't seem to be enough.

If you dare have alts below level 110, it's even worse. They have to resort to quests and rares to get the brunt of their resources.
    ---
    So, indeed: There's no passive order hall resource income, and, yes, you will run out pretty damn fast if you don't play that character.
    I've stopped doing missions on alts that I don't play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Surprisingly, you will have to play the game for your order hall to work You can not just play the mission-table-game, you will also have to do some MMO-playing

In the world atm, you can get around 4-5k resources everyday if you only target the WQ, which gives resources The worldboss WQ gives 1000 resourses, which should be enough to keep you going for a day or 2

But yeah, you have to play the MMO to use the mission table and you will have to think about how you use those resources If you getting the order hall traits and buying both tokens and gear with resources, then you are going to run out... Very simple
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

What, you need to PLAY the game to be able to progress?! Who would've known!

Whats next, that we have to kill stronger bosses to be able to get better gear?! LOL

I had hit that point too, but I think that once you have a fully upgraded set and have done all the 10k+ research, resources are only used for missions and troops. So while most people will probably run dry for a while, eventually you can get by with minimal resources. Even artifact research (500 resources every 4 days or so) will cap and stop eventually.

Deleted
    Just out of curiosity; what exactly do you need the mountain of resources for?

I'm not saying anything along the lines of: "You are a casual and don't need gear/upgrades/whatever hurr durr."
    But it would help to know your motivations and which aspects of the game you are leaning towards in order to give an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Just out of curiosity; what exactly do you need the mountain of resources for?

I'm not saying anything along the lines of: "You are a casual and don't need gear/upgrades/whatever hurr durr."
    But it would help to know your motivations and which aspects of the game you are leaning towards in order to give an answer.
    You need a LOT of resources to max out the order advancement tree, plus 100 per day for artifact research.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anilusion View Post
    You need a LOT of resources to max out the order advancement tree, plus 100 per day for artifact research.
    Oh, i know that much... and i know it preety well.
    I've been stuck with the forelast upgrade for a week now. I simply lack the time to do all resource WQs available... between raiding, mythics, mythic+, AP WQs, PvP...

I'm simply saying that because there is a preety obvious tradeoff going on here... and what his optimal way to go can be calculated.

As for me: I'm simply not in a hurry with order upgrades because god of RNG never favored me and i don't expect to obtain 2 artifacts before i have finally upgraded my hall to the end.

Deleted
    Assign a follower as Combat Ally, and equip that follower with one, or more of the items that grant order resources upon completion of world quests

See the following lists for equipment that do this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion...bat-ally-bonus
    http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion...dary-equipment

Then go do world quests, and you'll be swimming in resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Assign a follower as Combat Ally, and equip that follower with one, or more of the items that grant order resources upon completion of world quests

See the following lists for equipment that do this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion...bat-ally-bonus
    http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion...dary-equipment

Then go do world quests, and you'll be swimming in resources.
    Yep, this here. I was meh about having some jabroni follower, but damn he is handy. Mine has the gold bump at the moment just for shits and giggles. shit adds up. Feels like I'm making more gold just doing normal shit than I did with garrisons. All that vendor trash sells really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Surprisingly, you will have to play the game for your order hall to work You can not just play the mission-table-game, you will also have to do some MMO-playing

In the world atm, you can get around 4-5k resources everyday if you only target the WQ, which gives resources The worldboss WQ gives 1000 resourses, which should be enough to keep you going for a day or 2

But yeah, you have to play the MMO to use the mission table and you will have to think about how you use those resources If you getting the order hall traits and buying both tokens and gear with resources, then you are going to run out... Very simple
    As I stated I cannot play the game every day, I know if I played the game every day then resource would not be an issue, I was clearly asking for advice from people with similar game time as me. I am not crying or asking for blizzard to boost resources for us filthy casuals, just asking other people who low play time how they handle resource management

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    As I stated I cannot play the game every day, I know if I played the game every day then resource would not be an issue, I was clearly asking for advice from people with similar game time as me. I am not crying or asking for blizzard to boost resources for us filthy casuals, just asking other people who low play time how they handle resource management
    I am not saying that you are crying/complaining about this, not at all That is pretty much why it was just a normal reply and not a quote reply I also gave the best advice, which i could find: Focus on the WQs with resources when you actually play and do the worldboss WQ Even with under 10 hours of playtime a week, this should keep you going, if you try your best to counter cost-increase on your missions

But sorry if it came out as aggresive :/
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    What, you need to PLAY the game to be able to progress?! Who would've known!

Whats next, that we have to kill stronger bosses to be able to get better gear?! LOL
    No need to be sarcastic. Your type of replies is one reason why people consider the community is toxic. You are not really making it better.

People with limited time will have a slower progression than those who can devoted 15+ hrs.

In reply to the OP, I too am having starting to be careful with usage of order hall resources. For now I, do the WQ that rewards them to top when ever I need to. It does mean I cannot do the regular questing but it is a fun distraction from the questing.

For me personally I stopped doing gold missions on the order hall board. The reward vs the cost is not worth it (250-500 resources per mission is outrageously high). And won't do any missions with a low chance of success that cost more than 200. I also don't spend resources on getting misc troops. Usually my champions can handle most quests on their own. Concentrate on WQs that give order hall resources is the only other thing I can suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    No need to be sarcastic. Your type of replies is one reason why people consider the community is toxic. You are not really making it better.

People with limited time will have a slower progression than those who can devoted 15+ hrs.

In reply to the OP, I too am having starting to be careful with usage of order hall resources. For now I, do the WQ that rewards them to top when ever I need to. It does mean I cannot do the regular questing but it is a fun distraction from the questing.
    No they wont, as there is only a couple of WQs every day that gives resources. And they dont take hours to do, they take maybe 5 minutes each, some even less.
    You make it sound as if you can farm resources at 110, wich you cant, not outside of doing WQs atleast.
    Last edited by Dominus89; 2016-09-29 at 05:33 PM.