Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Depends on who wins, if its Hillary things could get worse

Worst part of Obama leaving office is that a Republican might replace him

7+ Year Old Account
    It reminds me that we'll have another consecutive 4-8 years of shit sandwiches, regardless of who wins.

ill miss how Obama promised a transparent presidency then had more whistleblowers arrested than all other presidents combined...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Last eight years have been good, economy is doing really well, unemployment is very low. Hope the next president doesn't screw things up.
    Hahahahahahaha. Ohhh I'm dying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treclol View Post
    His successor.
    Ditto

{10char}

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Whoever is going to replace him. The South Park episode where they pick between a Turd Sandwich and a Giant Douche is even more relevant now than when it first aired.
    Giant Douche all day. He may be a Giant Douche, but he isn't a Turd Sandwich.

Deleted
    The worst part? Either Hillary of Trump replacing him. Cold fact.

His successor.
    This was my answer as well.

That he'll probably steal more shit than the Clintons did when they were leaving out.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    That Hillary Clinton might be the next president, and cause more problem the Obama.

He will go down somewhere in the middle of the best president rankings. Obamacare is going to be scrapped within 3 years, that was his legacy item. He will get high marks for "first black president." He was not a strong leader, nor someone who was able to bring the country together. Actually, maybe the most divisive ever. World leaders may think he was smart and cool, but not from a policy standpoint. Economy is a wash, not terrible, not great. Foreign policy is pretty bad, Iranian Nuke deal comes to mind and the Ransom,as well as a half in half out approach to Isis. He is likable, would def like to have a beer with.

Something like this:

Abraham Lincoln: 1, 1

George Washington: 2, 3

Franklin D. Roosevelt: 3, 2

Theodore Roosevelt: 4, 4

Harry S. Truman: 5, 5

John F. Kennedy: 6, 8

Thomas Jefferson: 7, 7

Dwight D. Eisenhower: 8, 9

Woodrow Wilson: 9, 6

Ronald Reagan: 10, 11

Lyndon B. Johnson: 11, 10

James K. Polk: 12, 12

Andrew Jackson: 13, 13

James Monroe: 14, 14

Bill Clinton: 15, 21

William McKinley: 16, 15

John Adams: 17, 16
    Advertise

George H.W. Bush: 18, 20

John Quincy Adams: 19, 19

Barrack Obama

James Madison: 20, 18

Grover Cleveland: 21, 17

Gerald R. Ford: 22, 23

Ulysses S. Grant: 23, 33

illiam Howard Taft: 24, 24

Jimmy Carter: 25, 22

Calvin Coolidge: 26, 27

Richard M. Nixon: 27, 25

James A. Garfield: 28, 29

Zachary Taylor: 29, 28

Benjamin Harrison: 30, 31

Martin Van Buren: 31, 30

Chester A. Arthur: 32, 32

Rutherford B. Hayes: 33, 26

Herbert Hoover: 34, 34

John Tyler: 35, 36

George W. Bush: 36, NA

Millard Fillmore: 37, 35

Warren G. Harding: 38, 38

William Henry Harrison: 39, 37

Franklin D. Pierce: 40, 39

Andrew Johnson: 41, 40

James Buchanan: 42, 41

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    So you are not allowed to criticize Obama because he is black? And can't criticize Clinton (if she wins) because she is a woman?

Why do you only see skin color and gender instead of what actions they take?
    Uhm. I totally said that strawman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked his sense of humor and he was a very engaging president- a people's president. I also think MO was a superb First Lady - classy and wonderful.
    He was generally good at domestic economic policy. We are better off economically than we were 8 years back.
    I think the affordable care act is a good start to a universal health care system and will be his biggest legacy. It needs to go through a few more iterations before it is more robust and adaptable; but it is a good start.
    His views on gender equality, gay rights are very progressive and I am glad he believes in them. It aligns with my liberal ideology.

However, his foreign policy was rather lukewarm. He is leaving the Oval Office with both the Middle East, as well as Europe in greater unrest than what they were 8 years back. Britain's a mess. He didn't do enough to check Russia's expansionist ambitions in Ukraine.
    He is also leaving behind a very tense domestic situation with racial tension in US higher than it was 8 years back. He could have done better in these areas.

He has also been fairly unsuccessful in addressing domestic gun violence. He should have figured out a way to work with the NRA, rather than against them to come up with a better workable solution which doesn't violate the second amendment, but adds more accountability and responsibility to gun ownership.

Regarding his successors - I am not a fan of either presidential candidate. Wish Elizabeth Warren was running, or even Joe Biden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The fact he never lived up to his promise.

Obamacare, aka the "affordable" healthcare act, was a fucking joke. If anything, the cost of healthcare has gotten even worse, only now if you don't have health insurance, you get fined.

I mean, using the same logic as the Democrats used, how about we "solve" the homelessness problem by making it illegal to be homeless, increasing the cost of housing, and then for a final kick of dirt to the face, fining anyone who is homeless for being homeless?
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2016-09-29 at 09:49 PM.

His successor.
    ditto... 10 chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    People joke racism got worse with Obama, but it did.

Obama is enabling mentally ill people to projecting their radical ideas so he can secure a vote. Hillary will be worse. She's so fake I cringe every time she talks, which is ironic since everything from Trump's hair to his tan is fake.

Of course, this is entirely the fault of the bipartisan system thanks to "Republicans" stonewalling every major decision making process. At the same time Democrats are just trying to pass every little stupid bullshit bill just to keep themselves in a seat of power.

"1st Amendment only works when I want it to! You're not allowed to be racist/sexist/homophobic/diabetic/etc!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Ronald Reagan: 10, 11
    Reagan being that high makes me just involuntarily close my eyes and shake my head. Must've been a huge religious movement around that time. Such an awful president. That's what happens when you hire a literal actor to be leading commander of a country.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-09-29 at 09:53 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    True, but since it was very common to be called racist for not liking Obama I can see how he came to that conclusion.
    Yea...ok. I simply see the reply as some extreme overreaction. Maybe I'm losing the ability to read English.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

He didn't go to jail and get raped.

Who ever said the economy is in good shape, must not know what a good economy look like then. Unemployment "looks" low because so many have quit looking and arent in the system now. The worst thing about him leaving, is him ever being there in the first place.