10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    really not liking having quests in mythics or raids... it just seems like they're trying to force us to like their new shiny pve things. it sucks for completionists that have no interest in that kind of thing(imagine having those in a raid.)
    This honestly is the mistake imo. They ARE forcing people into them.

If I really wanted too I could probably raid and do mythic just fine but I'd rather not. Lfr was one reason I came back I had planned to stay very casual this time round and hit shit up as I wanted instead blizzard is forcing people into both to be able to see more of the story/world.

At least SE is start enough to in 3-6 months(2 patches) make the old raid tier doable in a Lfr esque way(normal/mythic since no hard mode but quealbe) with say a buff if you die after 5 minutes..

It let's everyone get a go if they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they changed the quest text because they forgot to mention it... it was allways only doable in normal, but the quest dident say that....

and again, its fucking normal dificulty you need liek a 820-830 ilvl to get it done

If the quest was worded wrong (or incomplete), then they simply should have stuck with it as they presented it. It is a basic practice of customer service that you take the fall for your own blunders unless the cost of doing so puts a serious hurt on your business (which this would obviously not).

The bad feelings here are going to do far more damage to the game than letting some LFR people have a skin that was possibly unintended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Do these quests even matter? What happens if you don't do them?

I'm just thinking of what happens if someone is leveling an alt a year from now - will they have to find normal pugs to do Xavius? Cause if so that's moronic.
    Man, if Blizzard starts time gating stuff, I'm going to quit.

What's next, season specific PvP mounts? Guaranteed drop mounts nerfed to sub 0.1%?

Hopefully that never happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    This honestly is the mistake imo. They ARE forcing people into them.

If I really wanted too I could probably raid and do mythic just fine but I'd rather not. Lfr was one reason I came back I had planned to stay very casual this time round and hit shit up as I wanted instead blizzard is forcing people into both to be able to see more of the story/world.

At least SE is start enough to in 3-6 months(2 patches) make the old raid tier doable in a Lfr esque way(normal/mythic since no hard mode but quealbe) with say a buff if you die after 5 minutes..

It let's everyone get a go if they want it.
    I could raid Mythic, I just don't want to!

Top kek
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    So you get higher ilvl and unique cosmetics in higher difficulties like every expansion prior.
    Still trying to find why there's so much qq.

Well other than the usual entitlement, of course.

No entitlement here as none of this even affects me.

I am just pointing out the bad customer service and a bit of inconsistent thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    The point is what I said.

Advanced raiders are getting plenty of rewards that are superior to LFR, so why draw the line at a cosmetic? It is Bliz's game and they can do what they want of course, but a lot of what they do these days stems from pretty inconsistent thinking.
    Your line of thought doesn't really pan out. The question "why draw the line there" is only as valid as "why not draw the line there?". You seem to be going after the fact that there is a threshold more than where that threshold lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I could raid Mythic, I just don't want to!

Top kek
    Can you prove him or anyone else can't? That's what it comes down to for a lot of people, they can do it but don't give enough shits to do it.

I came back right after HFC/WoW Tokens came out and finished NM HFC. Can I do Mythic and Heroic....yep. Do I want to do Heroic or Mythic? Nope sure don't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can you prove him or anyone else can't? That's what it comes down to for a lot of people, they can do it but don't give enough shits to do it.

I came back right after HFC/WoW Tokens came out and finished NM HFC. Can I do Mythic and Heroic....yep. Do I want to do Heroic or Mythic? Nope sure don't.
    - Doesn't understand the state of tank heal reporting
    - Can't get past 2/7 normal
    - Can definitely raid Mythic

Seems legit brospeh
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

- Doesn't understand the state of tank heal reporting (Gives no fucks about other classes and has already stated the reason the druid was less was because he did NOTHING and admitted to it)
    - Can't get past 2/7 normal (Because I really give no fucks about NM+ raiding this expansion)
    - Can definitely raid Mythic (Yep but I give no fucks once again, If I want to play a game for challenge ill play MANYYYYYYYYYYYYY other games that do it better)

Seems legit brospeh
    My reply's are the bolded brospeh.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Not everything is available from everywhere. You want PVP mounts? Then PVP.

You want Mythic mounts? Raid Mythic.
    You want a skin for doing a level 15 Mythic+ instance? Then join a normal mode raid PUG.

You want a skin for doing a huge bunch of achievements in Mythic instances? Then join a normal mode raid PUG.

Not sure how that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    My reply's are the bolded brospeh.
    Basically an admission that you want to do none of the work and get all the reward.

And not having even passing knowledge of other classes indicates that Mythic is waaay out of your rech, unless you get carried like you did for Heroic Archimonde.

Seems legit, comrade.

Yet another "I can't have what I want, when I want it, how I want it" thread.

Somethings in this game are NOT meant for everyone to aquire. Do you get mythic raid gear for doing LFR? nope. Do you get honor for doing pve content? nope. Do you get a FUCKING ARTIFACT APPEARANCE for not doing normal mode? nope.

Get over it. YOU WANT THE REWARD, DO THE CONTENT. Stop expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter just for logging in. All these whiny ass threads about things not the way you want it to be. Only good thing about these types of threads..atleast we all now know the people responsible for helping dumb down WoW into a mindless easy, everyone has the same thing for little effort game that it has been for the past few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Your line of thought doesn't really pan out. The question "why draw the line there" is only as valid as "why not draw the line there?". You seem to be going after the fact that there is a threshold more than where that threshold lies.

Since the "why" and "why not" questions will essentially yield the same result (establishing some sort of logic for deciding where the threshold will be), they are effectively the same question with different wording.

What I want to know is what that logic they used to reach their decision, because I don't see a clear train of reason behind it.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-29 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    You want a skin for doing a level 15 Mythic+ instance? Then join a normal mode raid PUG.

You want a skin for doing a huge bunch of achievements in Mythic instances? Then join a normal mode raid PUG.

Not sure how that makes sense.
    You want rewards from non-queueable content?

Gee whiz, not sure how that would work.

Basically an admission that you want to do none of the work and get all the reward.

And not having even passing knowledge of other classes indicates that Mythic is waaay out of your rech, unless you get carried like you did for Heroic Archimonde.

Seems legit, comrade.
    Yep sure did get carried to my heroic archy kill because I wanted the mount and gave no fucks about heroic

Yes I admit I don't want to do Mythic Raiding. Not once have I ever said a Mythic Only item should drop in LFR. These quests should be completeable in LFR because they don't even state you need NM+ for them.

They should have let people know ahead of time the quest chain couldn't be finished outside of NM+ raiding. It would have kept many people like myself from wasting there time and bloods on the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Yet another "I can't have what I want, when I want it, how I want it" thread.
    Yet another person who can't read but yet comes to a forum site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Do these quests even matter? What happens if you don't do them?

I'm just thinking of what happens if someone is leveling an alt a year from now - will they have to find normal pugs to do Xavius? Cause if so that's moronic.
    You miss out on a cosmetic skin, nothing more. This is no different then a title or mount being gated behind a higher difficulty so I don't really see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390
    These quests should be completeable in LFR because they don't even state you need NM+ for them.
    They dropped the ball here, but they admitted that. That's the only real mistake and confusion; however, when you consider that the pre-reqs for these were only obtainable in non-queuable content it really shouldn't have been THAT big of a surprise.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2016-09-29 at 11:30 PM.

it's just an appearance, so I'm glad it can't be done with LFR. Besides EN Normal is cake walk anyways

There have been purely cosmetic things locked behind things like raid difficulties, challenge mode dungeons, and pvp ranks. This is not really a change to any current systems; its just those systems reaching out to include artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Since the "why" and "why not" questions will essentially yield the same result (establishing some sort of logic for deciding where the threshold will be), they are effectively the same question with different wording.

What I want to know is what that logic they used to reach their decision, because I don't see a clear train of reason behind it.
    What? I already told you what the reasoning behind it was. LFR weapons have had different visuals to normal/heroic/etc weapons since it first became a thing. Because relics don't change appearances like a new weapon would, this is one of the substitutes.

What I think happened, is the lfr feeders thought that they would be able to get everything, which has happened never. Did you really think that you wouldn't look like scrubs? Enjoy the basic armor and weapons, the things you always get l.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep sure did get carried to my heroic archy kill because I wanted the mount and gave no fucks about heroic

Yes I admit I don't want to do Mythic Raiding. Not once have I ever said a Mythic Only item should drop in LFR. These quests should be completeable in LFR because they don't even state you need NM+ for them.

They should have let people know ahead of time the quest chain couldn't be finished outside of NM+ raiding. It would have kept many people like myself from wasting there time and bloods on the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another person who can't read but yet comes to a forum site.
    Actually, you constantly whine on these forums about how Mythic quality gear should drop from 5 man or even solo content, so I might not take you that seriously. I'd seen threads going back months with you complaining that you can't solo old content without Mythic quality gear (lol).

They made a mistake, they clarified it. Your options are to either raid normal or unsubscribe. Yes, you'll come back with the tired comment about casual subs paying for raids. I don't care. You don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I mean, you could also complain like a soccer mom in a coffee shop too. Whatever works for you.