Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Really going the Nazi argument this quick after all of the Golden Dawn crap that's happening in greece? it's still page bloody page 1 so don't start with the nazi crap this quick.

Again this is a failure of a argument because you have no actual proof to back up your claims, how big of a mental stretch did you just do to draw parels between the coup and a event that destroyed Jewish Businesses?
    No proof? Dude, I'm just taking the events that are generally accepted as fact and what you just posted and put actual historical events next to them. It's not my problem that they're as similar as they look.

Not sure why you're bringing Golden Dawn into this, but I understand that you kind of need to deflect here, as you obviously have no argument against what I said. It's okay if you're raging a bit right now. I'd be embarassed, too.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Are we treating domestic interests and propaganda as international policy now?.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Are we treating domestic interests and propaganda as international policy now?.
    Nope, we wait until he does it and then say "See, I knew it!" before conceding territory.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No proof? Dude, I'm just taking the events that are generally accepted as fact and what you just posted and put actual historical events next to them. It's not my problem that they're as similar as they look.

Not sure why you're bringing Golden Dawn into this, but I understand that you kind of need to deflect here, as you obviously have no argument against what I said. It's okay if you're raging a bit right now. I'd be embarassed, too.
    What facts? Who has generally accepted that Turkey is about to invade Greece? You because this is new to me

And the reason why I mentioned the Golden Dawn is as I said, your calling the Turkish government nazi's without any proof to back up your claim when you have a actual neo nazi party in your own parlement

Erdogan is at it again i see. Though he was to busy finding kurds to kill to do anything else.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    But Greece has no Armenians for them to gorge their bloodlust on.... I guess its Greeks now/again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nope, we wait until he does it and then say "See, I knew it!" before conceding territory.
    It's not much different than what Morocco argues about the Spanish islands by the African coast.
    They have absolutely no sovereign claim over them. But they utilize them as proxy to light up certain nationalist sentiments.
    Yes, we do wait. When they do seize one (like they did in 2002) we fix it.

Difference being scale, power, and NATO, of course.
    I'm ok with giving this piece of propaganda the weight it deserves. But I'm highly skeptical of any of it coming to fruition. If they try, there's plenty of mechanisms to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Dual citizen and never voted for him and don't care so much about Turkish politics except when people take stuff out of context |(because just like now it isn't a honest discussion just nation/religion/race bashing)

First he starts of with the following: ''they forced this treaty on us saying it would be good''
    2e he talks about how it was turkish land and properties that belong to ''us'' and that still stand today
    Point 1: Well these things happen when you join a war and are on the loosing side... Either stay the F out or take your poison when you loose....

Point 2: Wait you mean the lands that the Turks took by force from the Byzantines/Romans? How about we push the border back to where the Turks started and let them have "their" land.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why would a NATO member attack another NATO member?

Sounds like suicice too btw.
    And it kinda is. But at this point Sultan Erdogan is beyond reasonable and so megalovanian that im pretty sure he thinks he can totally do it. Of course its also right that...

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The mangy dog is barking again. He won't do anything.
    Lets hope its just another one of those moments were he angrily shakes his fist to look strong.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Point 1: Well these things happen when you join a war and are on the loosing side... Either stay the F out or take your poison when you loose....

Point 2: Wait you mean the lands that the Turks took by force from the Byzantines/Romans? How about we push the border back to where the Turks started and let them have "their" land.
    And greece lost to turkey which clearly is a sore event in their own history because they have been bitching about it for decades now and even tried to take over Cyprus at some point, let alone pushing their own boarders.

my fellow greek mates, you wont get invaded for once again so relax.. I'm a turk and erdogan has got no clue about the history of New Modern Turkey at all.
    You can just ignore whatever he says, at least we do it like that. Until yesterday he was taking lousinnae as a victory in every speech he had. What happened this year?
    After the coup many of the EU countries didnt support the Erdogan goverment. EU also didnt granted the travelling without visa for the turks so its normal for him to change the total subject to loussinna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He's just like Duterte in the Philippines, wants to appear strong.

What do you do if two NATO countries attack each other?
    Easy: Article 5 requires that all the NATO members defend the country which gets attacked. So, if Turkey attacks Greece not only are the EU, US, etc. required to come to Greece's aid but also Turkey itself as a NATO country would have to defend Greece from the attacker. Thus Turkey would have to start to fight with itself or risk being expelled from NATO for not fulfilling its obligations :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He's just like Duterte in the Philippines, wants to appear strong.

What do you do if two NATO countries attack each other?
    On the front of it, NATO would do nothing. However, Greece is a member of the EU, and EU members make up a significant portion of NATO. If it came to it, European countries would side with Greece, while the rest of NATO took a step back.

If Turkey should go on an all out attack, and against another NATO member (which is unlikely), they'd probably be expelled from NATO altogether.

Deleted
    It is certain that we are going to witness a war in our lifetimes (that is if you are younger than 50 years of age). The world has gone for a long time now without a BIG war and everyone does realize that the situation is heating up. It is a given that because of one reason or the other the world will face a war. The current way of life simply can't be sustained and power hungry people like Erdogan definitively don't help. Religion is still too big of an issue in this world (sadly). We are facing climate change, depleting resources, overpopulation and radicalism.

If we are lucky we get another 30 years before the world becomes the reality of dystopian fiction we read.

I admire the visionairies that are trying to improve the world, but I doubt that those few can make a real change.

(don't get me wrong I am not saying that WW3 will start tomorrow. I don't think anything will happen because of Erdogan and greece. All I am saying is that eventually there will be war. It is simply unavoidable)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    It's not much different than what Morocco argues about the Spanish islands by the African coast.
    They have absolutely no sovereign claim over them. But they utilize them as proxy to light up certain nationalist sentiments.
    Yes, we do wait. When they do seize one (like they did in 2002) we fix it.

I'm ok with giving this piece of propaganda the weight it deserves. But I'm highly skeptical of any of it coming to fruition. If they try, there's plenty of mechanisms to deal with it.
    Except Turkey is nato n many times stronger than lil greece.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    It is certain that we are going to witness a war in our lifetimes (that is if you are younger than 50 years of age). The world has gone for a long time now without a BIG war and everyone does realize that the situation is heating up. It is a given that because of one reason or the other the world will face a war. The current way of life simply can't be sustained and power hungry people like Erdogan definitively don't help. Religion is still too big of an issue in this world (sadly). We are facing climate change, depleting resources, overpopulation and radicalism.

If we are lucky we get another 30 years before the world becomes the reality of dystopian fiction we read.

I admire the visionairies that are trying to improve the world, but I doubt that those few can make a real change.

(don't get me wrong I am not saying that WW3 will start tomorrow. I don't think anything will happen because of Erdogan and greece. All I am saying is that eventually there will be war. It is simply unavoidable)
    Take off tinfoil hat..

US: "Can't lose that Incirlik base guys - Swallow it!"
    EU: "Yes Sir!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Take off tinfoil hat..
    Pardon me? What do you mean by that?

Do you seriously think the earth is not going to face war ever again?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA if you truly think that. I don't like to be mean, but if you really think humans are going to live happily ever after for all eternity then you are the single most naive person in the world.

Except Turkey is nato n many times stronger than lil greece.
    It's almost as if I made that case myself; except I totally did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like they did with Cyprus?
    Cyprus was not in NATO, hence why Cyprus stood alone and also why a third of the island is illegally occupied by Turkey (Turkey has a huge population, Cyprus a tiny one).

OT: Seems like sabre rattling from Erdogan to whip up domestic support, not anything to really worry about.

If Turkey attacked Greece, then NATO would almost certainly stay out of it, but Russia might not - Turkey has more to lose than to gain, so I don't see it happening.

*lifting tinfoil hat....*

ssssst shocking fact, many deputy wars going on currently and there's war on interwebs taking place every day. It's already happening, only shifted to other places.

"More displaced now than after WWII"

http://www.unhcr.org/news/latest/201...cord-high.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/20/wo...eoples-report/