Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Oh yes. I wish they'd remove the heroic difficulty and make mythic a part of the LFG tool, and mythic+ can remain as something you manually search for.
    When I get
    "declined"
    "declined"
    "declined"
    "declined"
    "declined"

over and over, it's disheartening.

Of course, I guess I could play a healer or tank instead, but I've never really enjoyed those roles and find myself a lot more confident as a dps. Well, that and the Cata heroics as a shaman healer in 329 gear (the then requirement) was rather traumatising. The other option is also to make my own group, but again, you get the problem with a lack of tanks/healers that want to join my run. Also hate leading, ugh, but seems to be the only option for now. One month in to Legion and I haven't done a single regular mythic
    This is honestly, EXACTLY, my problem. Constantly getting either declined or having my application time out. I have not been accepted into a single PuG group since release. I've put in a lot of time and effort into this character so the prospect of having to go through the same leveling experience, AP grinding (primarily), Class Hall Missions (which I look forward to honestly, but it's still time and effort...), Order Hall Resource gathering, time gated bullshit to progress your class hall missions and artifact knowledge, Ancient Mana farming, Nightfallen reputation grinding, etc... on another character to possibly have the same thing happen...yeah not at ALL something I look forward to and it's killed every chance I ever gave to leveling an alt class. I have 5 characters sitting in the middle of their first zone because I just got to a quest I didn't really enjoy, that I've already done on my main character, and asked myself... what's the point?

Yep.. I have a few days left on my token and I'll be taking a year long break (or so) until flying is added back.

There is nothing compelling me to stay and achieve.

I honestly don't understand people like the original poster. You've done all the quests, all the dungeons, all the raids, everything. You've consumed months worth of content by grinding it as hard and fast as possible. Now you're bored because you were able to spend hours a day going hard on a massive new environment provided to you. This sounds like a YOU problem, not a Blizzard problem.

Well, I don't have to worry about raiding or even mythic dungeons of any kind. I don't have to worry about doing any PvP whatsoever. That gives me plenty of time to ignore world quests for a couple of days at a time. It gives me a ton of time to work on alts (six at level 110 now). In fact, being able to kick back, relax, and play at my own pace has made this game far more enjoyable than it ever has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Uunagi View Post
    I honestly don't understand people like the original poster. You've done all the quests, all the dungeons, all the raids, everything. You've consumed months worth of content by grinding it as hard and fast as possible. Now you're bored because you were able to spend hours a day going hard on a massive new environment provided to you. This sounds like a YOU problem, not a Blizzard problem.
    Read what I posted in response to someone. I said I've paced myself this time with Legion. Never ever said it was a Blizzard problem either. I said I just feel certain content has gotten stale now such as WQ and the Emissary ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly I haven't played like on a burnout scale. Calm and paced I'd say. I'm not calling Legion bad either btw jesus no. Definitely a big improvement from the failure that was WoD.
    Right here.

I'm just as excited as i was at launch.

The Mythic+ system is super fun and challenging, and the raid (albeit not as fun as i had hoped, still has fun encounters and should keep me interested for a couple of months, until 7.1).

And i've yet to experience most artifact quests and order hall campaigns (only completed 3, of which i loved Druid\Demonhunter, whilst Warrior was lackluster).

Legion has been amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    People bored of <Insert name here> Xpac are just bored of WoW in general imo. The game has been generally the same since BC/Wrath. Dailies, PvP, and Raids/Dungeons is the meat and potatos of the game and probably always will be.
    This ^

People who are bored 1 month into a xpac and start complaining of stuff to do have been playing FAR too much. I am one of those that plays alot and could have earned an AA degree in something had I devoted the same time that I've spent in the last month playing WoW. There isn't a fucking game in this or the next life that can keep players who play 5+ hours a day happy.
    The ones who don't like doing what is available and bitch about "grind" (THIS really pisses me off) have no business playing a MMO and should GTFO. No MMO or RPG is designed for you...grind is inherent of the genre.

There is nothing that can be done to bring back the feeling many of us had when we first started playing. Sure a new xpac gets us going again but that only lasts so long. I do like the idea of a "2.0" WoW but I still want the old one around. Even if they pulled some next gen OMG amazing "Universe of Warcraft" out of their ass, there would still be alot of pissed off people who pine away because they miss the old WoW.

Legion is fantastic and shows that Blizz has learned from alot of mistakes. The separation of PvE and PvP talents and stats is awesome and should of happened years ago. The zone scaling to level actually worked out really well (don't want it for old content tho). I was against the idea but it is cool and well executed. The world quests are a brilliant idea to revamp dailies. Will never understand the hate for dailies, WQ don't feel like dailies and rep progress moves forward smoothly. Sure the gear rewards are worthless past 840 ilvl unless you are very lucky, but they should be worthless past 840 since mythics start at 840. Oh and mythics...FUCK ya! Mythic+ is freaking awesome and our whole guild is having a great time. It is fun as hell to get on and see a guildie hit a new + level and then try and beat it. Such a great way to gear for heroic and harder raids and it really helps to sharpen skills and gel as a group.

Legion is a brilliant expansion and I think has dethroned everything else from the past. The game has matured in all the important areas. There is just nothing more we can ask of a 12 year old game at this point. WoW stands alone and is THE template for what all other MMOs are judged by.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

7+ Year Old Account
    World of warcraft is an MMORPG. You have to repeat/grind things.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    This ^

People who are bored 1 month into a xpac and start complaining of stuff to do have been playing FAR too much. I am one of those that plays alot and could have earned an AA degree in something had I devoted the same time that I've spent in the last month playing WoW. There isn't a fucking game in this or the next life that can keep players who play 5+ hours a day happy.
    The ones who don't like doing what is available and bitch about "grind" (THIS really pisses me off) have no business playing a MMO and should GTFO. No MMO or RPG is designed for you...grind is inherent of the genre.

There is nothing that can be done to bring back the feeling many of us had when we first started playing. Sure a new xpac gets us going again but that only lasts so long. I do like the idea of a "2.0" WoW but I still want the old one around. Even if they pulled some next gen OMG amazing "Universe of Warcraft" out of their ass, there would still be alot of pissed off people who pine away because they miss the old WoW.

Legion is fantastic and shows that Blizz has learned from alot of mistakes. The separation of PvE and PvP talents and stats is awesome and should of happened years ago. The zone scaling to level actually worked out really well (don't want it for old content tho). I was against the idea but it is cool and well executed. The world quests are a brilliant idea to revamp dailies. Will never understand the hate for dailies, WQ don't feel like dailies and rep progress moves forward smoothly. Sure the gear rewards are worthless past 840 ilvl unless you are very lucky, but they should be worthless past 840 since mythics start at 840. Oh and mythics...FUCK ya! Mythic+ is freaking awesome and our whole guild is having a great time. It is fun as hell to get on and see a guildie hit a new + level and then try and beat it. Such a great way to gear for heroic and harder raids and it really helps to sharpen skills and gel as a group.

Legion is a brilliant expansion and I think has dethroned everything else from the past. The game has matured in all the important areas. There is just nothing more we can ask of a 12 year old game at this point. WoW stands alone and is THE template for what all other MMOs are judged by.
    Don't mind the grind for AP and whatnot and you are right Legion is an amazing improvement. I just couldn't get myself to enjoy every boss in Nightmare and feel that the outdoor content after a month of Emissary stuff is a bit stale. Hell I let them stack up to 2/3 to try and make it a bit more interesting but meh. Mythic plus dungeons are well done though and do present a good challenge at a higher level.

Deleted
    bored by WQs - not bothering with em anyways anymore. Bored fom dungeons and annoyed by the fact that I still havent found a legendary.

World quests: zzzzzz
    Dungeons: Pretty good, will keep doing
    Raid: Never been as disappointment in a raid in my life, won't do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    There is a lot of content in the game, more than ever before, but that doesn't mean it's infinite. The point at which the game feels stale is the point where your character progression slows down. I think the problem may be that gear simply drops a little too fast. They could slow it down a bit, make your progression a little bit slower and make the early stages last a little bit longer. Also, they really needed raiding gear to be better than world gear. Raiders shouldn't enter a raid the first week with gear item level equivalency of them having farmed that raid for the last 6 months.
    There isn't a lot of content, the content we got is just recycled from something we did prior to it unlocking.

I love Legion, yes I play less because of the amount of time I played these couple of weeks. Don't confuse burning out with boring. Take a brake now and then

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    There isn't a lot of content, the content we got is just recycled from something we did prior to it unlocking.
    Actually content wise there is a fair amount compared to let's say Warlords.

Not in the slightest. Mythic+ is enough to keep me content for the whole expansion. There is so much to maximize , I've only just begun to learn to do so.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Im still enjoying it a lot, EN is pretty bad as a raid but the rest of the content has been great

Deleted
    I am not bored.

However I am worried about how fast the people are getting ahead of me - getting in to Mythic+ as Shadow Priest is almost impossible without a guild which I do have but am not a part of their ''active core'' so there are groups already formed that run them to the death.

So with every day I feel like I am staying way behind everybody. Already there are people requesting +855 for Keystone 2, I am 848 and can't get the fucking Relics to drop even if my life depended on it.
    People are outgearing stuff so rapidly.

As someone who casually leveled 16 characters to 100 in WoD, Legion is going to be a massive pain to get them all to 110 and get some of their Artifact skins.
    Almost too much to do. But at the same time, a lot of it is repetition. Like, having to do Suramar/other zones to unlock WQs on my 3rd 110 is something I do not look forward to. Sure, they take 1-2 hours to get open but at the same time why am I forced to do this for the third round? Otherwise I am totally out of the cycle of progress if I don't. They really should be BoA.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7230cecf; 2016-09-30 at 03:42 PM.

This is as good as WoW has ever been to me (only expansion I did not play was MoP). Meaningful small group content is the absolute best thing to ever happen to this game.

Personally, my fondest memories of WoW were Kara/ZA.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, pretty bored with it. Started an alt, still pretty bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Read what I posted in response to someone. I said I've paced myself this time with Legion. Never ever said it was a Blizzard problem either. I said I just feel certain content has gotten stale now such as WQ and the Emissary ones.
    I can respect that. (I didn't read 10 pages of replies so my apologies if you elaborated yourself.) The WQs/Emmisary do get a little stale, I think we can all agree on that one. A lot of people, unfortunately, are quick to complain about everything when they burn through content and flame out. I lumped you into that stereotype, and for that I apologize.

I still think it's much ado about nothing, though. You can't have everything be unique and interesting when it requires a bunch human beings to program interesting content. They can't really do it on the fly, else you end up with Diablo 3 style play only. Which also gets stale and boring, if you read their forums about lack of content.

I imagine the target audience is the 3-5 hours a week, full time job types of people. If that's your least common denominator, then you're going to have peopel who play 10-30 hours a week burn through a month or two worth of content in short order and ... then nothing. So at the end of the day it is still a "you" issue, but I empathise with you.

Personally I haven't gotten my AOTC done yet, I haven't gotten all Mythic+ done to the level I'm happy with, so I've still got some work to do. I still need good Suramaritan as well so I can complete Pathfinder Part 1. I can't stomach doing every single WQ every day in order to maximize my gains. I've got better things to do.