Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    2.1 M crit is much more than 5 UAs, most likely it was the ST build revolving around contagion, soul harvest , conduit and the pvp talent rot and decay.

basically pops cds at 5 shards and dumps all UAs possible into the target then drain life to keep the stacks from falling off while constantly adding more UAs into that huge stacked UA whenever a shard procs, at some point you can reach around 12-15 UA stacks and dispelling that means death , yes.

If you let the warlock cast that many UAs AND you're not even aware of what UA does and end up dispelling it , that's entirely your fault.

On a side note, MW monks pvp talent healing sphere can remove UA without getting hit by the backlash, it is quite frustrating for the warlock.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-09-30 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Arena setting. Working as intended or bug? Literally oneshot myself from 100% to 0% after dispelling UA.

Checking my alt warlock and i dont see anything about stacking UA etc.
    You might want to check again.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30108/unstable-affliction

If you and your teammates are letting the lock stack it that high, that's entirely on you.

Wait, you were tanking a lock through 8+ stacks of UA and his team until you decided to dispell the dot because reasons?

I expect either a buff to affliction or a nerf to healing soon TM.

I'm sorry guys, I know you think the counterplay to UA should be "Just don't dispel it!" but literally one-shotting someone is not okay under any circumstance. It's bad game design. Imagine if someone had a 10 second cast that did 3 million damage. It would be incredibly rare for them to get it off, but it would still feel pretty bad when it did happen.

The backlash is supposed to be strong, but don't forget the silence, too. That's part of it.

I don't think any ability should be doing that much damage in PVP under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    I'm sorry guys, I know you think the counterplay to UA should be "Just don't dispel it!" but literally one-shotting someone is not okay under any circumstance. It's bad game design. Imagine if someone had a 10 second cast that did 3 million damage. It would be incredibly rare for them to get it off, but it would still feel pretty bad when it did happen.
    Your comparision is not even close.

It would be better if you say:
    - One-Shot with 15sec cast time
    - Every healer can interrupt it with an 8sec CD special CD
    - Some special classes can use immunities to cancel the cast
    - Every time the cast is stopped it has a 1-2min CD (depending on randomness)

Would you still play with it if you had the option? Well, I guess not. If you nerf it, take the list above but reduce the damage to 1 million. Would you ever take it?

The silence means nothing. The lock needs more time to put his DoTs up before the silence is over. The more accurate counterplay answer to this is: Dispell on CD, the longer you wait, the harder it becomes.
    Last edited by Cainium; 2016-09-30 at 05:12 PM.

I don't think any ability should be doing that much damage in PVP under any circumstances.
    What you don't get is that it's not doing 2m. 8 of them are.

The difference between a good player and a bad one is that the bad player will dispell UA at 8 stacks instead of playing arround a FREE CASTING FULL CD/RESOURCE on a 2min setup Warlock or dispelling it arround 3 or 4.

My point was, "No amount of setup can justify a true one-shot. That's bad game design."

To which you both responded, "...But there's a LOT of setup!"

Do you guys see the problem here?

Good healers make it extremely difficult to ever get UA over 2 or 3 stacks because they dispel it every single time before that happens and then I'm out of shards and having to wait on them again. Agony and corruption do literally no damage, pretty much all of afflictions damage now is rolled up into UA.

I'm sorry if there is actually one mechanic in the game right now that gives affliction a fighting chance versus all the thousands of retarded mongo mele cleaves plaguing the ladder right now that are trying to tunnel myself or my shaman down while having ZERO awareness to anything going on around them.

My point was, "No amount of setup can justify a true one-shot. That's bad game design."

I would argue that doing this would lower the skillcap considerably.

And i'm not afraid of this kind of playstyle being nerfed, or "fixed" let's say. UA SHOULD hit hard so that dispelling it is actually punishing. The only fix I can think on your position is cap the number of UA that can be cast on a player, and after that it should just renew the duration instead of add to it. But it goes against the skillcap of a player that should be rewarded for his/her good plays or a healer be punished for his/her bad plays.

That's not even a "point" though, it's your opinion and I respect it, but if something is as hard to do as stacking 8 buffed UA's that requires the perfect setup of the warlock and the healer to be lazy and not to dispell when it's apropriate, you should be punished for it.

Relax op. UA was nerfed to 120% from 200% because of someone like you. It was nerfed even more in 7.1. So wait a little bit and you can be bad and dispell 8 UAs without any risk.

Read my post again. It is not about setup, it is about countering the Aff lock. Almost every team has a build in counter, the player just needs to use it at the right time. Not to early, not to late. If this is to hard for a "good" healer, than the game has a very more serious design problem than UA dispel protection.

Having a class based around DoTs, nerfing the protection to death, while evry team can stop the whole damage on 8sec CD, means killing the class entirely. THAT is bad game design.

Deleted

Then healers need to have their dispels completely removed, because a "my 1 button counters your 40 seconds of buildup and full resource dump" is bad design too.

And don't talk about "if people had a long cast that hit hard it would feel bad if it killed someone" - we had that, it was called Chaos Bolt. It was nerfed to the ground because people couldn't interupt the most immobile caster on the planet, destro has been all but dead in pvp ever since.
    Affliction is already pretty weak after all the nerfs it's had since the pre-patch and how weak rot feels when the burst meta is so prevalent, it doesn't need it's dispel protection which is already so weak you can just dispel on CD removing too.

This isn't being one shot. This is suicide. You are killing yourself with your dispel button after neglecting to use it or interact with the free-casting warlock for a criminal amount of time, the warlock is not killing you with UA.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-10-01 at 12:45 AM.

Unstable Affliction's dispel kickback damage is now capped at 50% of the Warlock's maximum health, but can still critically strike.
    Is it related to counter strike totem and only applies if UA dispell damage countered to warlock who casted it? Or it's just nerf to ua dispell damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Is it related to counter strike totem and only applies if UA dispell damage countered to warlock who casted it? Or it's just nerf to ua dispell damage?
    Just a flat UA nerf, gg

That is a relevant point, but think of it this way.

Warlocks use their resources ( shards) to cast UA , it's supposed to be strong no ? what happens if you dispel it and it barely tickles ? it won't justify the cost of casting that UA in the first place.

Now that they've added the stacking mechanic it gets complicated because the more UAs you put into the target the more damage you'll take when u dispel it, it's natural to function this way, but instead of blaming the UA damage it's the mechanics that should be blamed.

There is no fix for this unless UA is nerfed and becomes irrelevant which would destroy the spec, the only other option is another revamp to place a cap per target of let's say 3,buffing UA by a lot and increasing UA duration to let's say 12-14 baseline, this would help with the spreading power.

Deleted
    They nerfed it. Again. Lol.

Afflocks are already dead meat the moment a melee gets on them, they melt thought our shields and health pools in a couple of globals. But that's not overpowered at all, warlocks is fine cos they is tanky you see.

So we manage to get up our dots and watch them chip away at someone's 2,000,000 health at 30k a go (so in about ten minutes it might kill them, probably out of boredom, or they die laughing)

Either that or they go -pop- anw ipe everything off, not that anyone bothers because the dots just don't hurt anyone enough for them to care about them. Well, suppose our dots were trouble, which they aren't. So UA's dispel cost is supposed to stop people just wiping them off without thinking, right?

Only now, no one will care about wiping them off. UA dispell didn;t really hurt anyone unless they were dumbass enough to let a warlock stand there and spam UA's on them and then decide to dispel the lot.

Well, guess what, anyone that bad at PVp deserves to get hurt.

But, no no, it's OP. So nerf it. Demon hunters having double jump and glide and grabbing the flag and sailing across most of the BG untouched, fine, just fine.

Nice one.

So if i finally get a 10stack UA rolling, which does meaningful damage, the healer just hits his "oh, lock is doing damage, CLICK" Button and the whole damage is gone, while the healer heals himself up behind a pillar. By the time i got my base DoTs up again, he's back with full life healing his mate back to full life.

GG. Why they don't remove the dispel damage entirely? I can already see the next noob incoming who dispelled UA at 50% life and complaining that it still one-shotted him, leading to the next nerf. So idiotic...

Yay for more neutering of dots and any means of discouraging people just from just mindlessly dispelling them!

Wish more Devs played a lock so at least one person could point out the problems this would cause, similar to how they could dismantle any attempt at nerfing, say, Frost Mages back in the day.

Each day, each nerf shows that's no one is actually playing a warlock at blizzard. Just us few masochists who enjoy the pain.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    In 7.1 insane huge nerf comes to Unstable Affliction in PvP. Dispelled damage will be reduced by roughly −58% (it'll deal 50% of damage per stack, down from 120%). Also, it's reworked. Source: Build 22578 Blue post.

Unstable Affliction now overlaps when cast multiple times, rather than “rolling” any remaining damage into the new cast. This does not change the total damage dealt by multiple casts, but makes it easier for players to see the strength of an Unstable Affliction on a given target.

On the other hand, the same blue post introcuces quite big buff to Unstable Affliction trait: Compounding Horror, increasing it's effective damage by roughly +74% (it'll deal 32% of Spell Power per stack, up from 18.4%) by being reworked completelly:

Compounding Horror trait redesigned: its buff causes your next Unstable Affliction to deal (32% Spell Power) Shadow damage instantly, stacking up to 5 times.

Summary
    The fact that Compounding Horror needs a time to proc strongly reduces ability to deal huge amount of damage in just a few seconds, keeping decent overall damage over time damage from Unstable Affliction (and it's derivatives). I am pleased with upcomming changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this happen to me during skirmishes, the weird part is I didn't do anything to dispel UA and it just exploded on me for 1.6 million (unless a talent causes UA to apply a slow, in which case it was my consecrate that removed it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.